• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

quietrob

Extraordinary
Unlike the old fighter she knew there would be questions is she totaled this little charmer but it didn't stop her trying to find it's limits.

View attachment 21695
It's an exciting scene that we can all relate to except those who have never driven a car (Terre). Well done. Joy conveyed to the viewer. However. Ahem. (clears throat)

I made a comic where the Master Sensei has caught one her students Sky Surfing instead of attending class. She appears on the student's board and says she doesn't know which sorrows her more. The fact that she (the student) broke the rules or that she did it alone.

Hornet3D.

Where is her friend? She should be speeding at a hundred miles per hour with a friend while listening to the music of whatever decade she's in!

A thought question. Where did you picture her driving that sweet ride? It looks like it just finished raining.

Hornet3d

Wise
Well I pictured her driving on any open road really so I thought the 'Road and Track' from 2nd World would fit the bill nicely. The appearance of rain I think is suggested by the clouds and the lighting even though the clouds form such a very small part of the scene, this this case the cloud background came from a cloud set from Toyman.

At the moment I am trying to put the finishing touches a series of renders for a photo book but I like the idea of a companion particularly if he/she had a look of blind panic. I just might give that a go.

robert952

Brilliant
"I used to bull's-eye womp rats in my T-16 back home. They're not much bigger than two meters." Luke Skywalker.

@Hornet... saw the image an immediately thought of this for the flyer image.

We don't know what a T-16 would look like. This image works for me. Of course if she drives the car the same way... could be an issue as you point out. (BTW - I hope they plan to drive that car in the rain... the wipers look a bit short for the windshield. But then at high enough speeds, who knows.)

Hornet3d

Wise
"I used to bull's-eye womp rats in my T-16 back home. They're not much bigger than two meters." Luke Skywalker.

We don't know what a T-16 would look like. This image works for me. Of course if she drives the car the same way... could be an issue as you point out. (BTW - I hope they plan to drive that car in the rain... the wipers look a bit short for the windshield. But then at high enough speeds, who knows.)

I hadn't noticed but you are right about the wipers. The car in question has other issues, one of the front wheel points in while the other is pointing straight hence the close up nature of the render and if you look closely the wheel arches are not wide enough for the wheels. The car was purchased as a wavefrom object so it is imported into Poser with no ability to change these things but, on the plus side it has a number of material zones that allowed me to easily change the colour scheme. I might put in the effort and try an re-model the car at some point as I rather like the design, as it is I only paid $3.50 for it so I am not really complaining and I accept, as I have limited modelling skills, I have to take things as the are to a large degree.

Hornet3d

Wise

I can relate to that, I had a similar thought as soon as I saw it and had a render in mind before I purchased it, which is very often not the case. As it was the render I had in mind was very different to the one I finished up with but then again, that too is often the case.

Hornet3d

Wise
The temple was cold, dank and generally unpleasant, at least as far as the environment was concerned. Clearly the people that built it were a warrior race, how good that made her feel she was not sure, perhaps something to decide when, or if, she met them face to face.

Old Temple.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
Thanks Rae134 after this one it looks like I am getting back to the story I started, Petipet has a massive sale on so I filled my boots......lots of new scenes to play with.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks Rae134 after this one it looks like I am getting back to the story I started, Petipet has a massive sale on so I filled my boots......lots of new scenes to play with.
I thought it looked a bit different to your storyline :D (change is as good as a holiday they say). I liked the moodiness of that atmosphere.

Wow Ghostman, very sexy!

Hornet3d

Wise
I thought it looked a bit different to your storyline :D (change is as good as a holiday they say). I liked the moodiness of that atmosphere.

Wow Ghostman, very sexy!

I only write for fun and the family so I am not good at it and the thought process is hardly linear. I guess I have a number of sub stories, some in my head and some written down, and I need to stitch them in an order that makes sense. As you can see my renders tend to follow my thought process, such that it is.