• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Hornet3d

Wise
Here's another British railway station, by a different artist. It's also from the '70s. I used a render of it as the background setting for one of my art class midterms.
Red Hen Publications — Publications:

Thank you for the link, a truly wonderful representation of a station, there is so much there that catches character of such stations. The station clock and the lamps are of the style that have lasted from around the nineteen thirties, as is the fencing, yet the ticket office sign and the pictorial markings for the rest rooms much later. There are many branch lines that resemble this mix dotted all around the UK.

This is Dunster Station both from the rail side and the road side, in this case the entrance.

D1.jpg

D2.jpg

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
Unchaining the Beast
View media item 2579

...NOT a good idea!

I had a lot of fun with this one, and it actually took "only" eight hours to render! It was primarily an experiment with Iray emissives and temperature. The links of the chain appear the proper temperature for cherry red steel, and gradually cool down as they get further from the heat source. This character has featured before in my work, but always in his "friendly" form. Now you get to see what lies underneath...

Hornet3d

Wise
Unchaining the Beast
View media item 2579

...NOT a good idea!

I had a lot of fun with this one, and it actually took "only" eight hours to render! It was primarily an experiment with Iray emissives and temperature. The links of the chain appear the proper temperature for cherry red steel, and gradually cool down as they get further from the heat source. This character has featured before in my work, but always in his "friendly" form. Now you get to see what lies underneath...

Very effective, I love the textures but I think the water and reflections are equally impressive.

Hornet3d

Wise
The water was a nightmare! After trying all sorts of different things, I ended up using the "murky water" shader from Mec4D's PBS Shaders Vol.2, and then added the water normal map from Stonemason's Fern Lake to make it less smooth. I'm rather happy with it myself. So much, so, in fact, that I re-rendered the scene in widescreen format...

View media item 2584

You really should be happy with the effect you have created, the murkiness of the water contrasts well with the red hot chains and the reflections are perfect. In widescreen the dark areas either side do draw the eye into the subject. I am not one for long renders usually but I think this render was worth every second of the eight hours.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I posted on the image when I first saw this VB and forgot to post in the thread. Absolutely awesome work on the emissions also.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Hmmm, isn't 4pm tea time in the Empire?

That actually looks like something that could be recreated.

Very easy to recreate, actually, considering that I worked straight from the Render.

I went through my content library backup. The render uses 'The old Railway', and 'The Old Railway Station' by Dogz. The date on the data file folders is Sept 2014, so it is a fairly recent release. IIRC, the set is based on an actual station, I think on the Great Western line. But I could be confusing it with DryJack's stuff since he *frequently* uses Great Western's historical stations and vehicles as the base of his models.

Dogz's sets are both Studio-specific, while DryJack's are all Poser.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Wonderful images everyone! I just popped in and browsed the last few pages.

A bit late on this!

SRG's - Seth - although a Poser character it seems to work fine in Daz
Celestial Armor
Wings painted in PS snowflakes brushes created in PS
Sword is from the Supernatural Slayer Kit out soon

The Spirit of Christmas
Untitled-2 copy.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Tparo, did you just parent the hair and position it to fit to Genesis 3? Great render by the way...