• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Stezza

Dances with Bees
under the sea in Carrara :inverted:

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Nothing wrong with thay Hornet. Just because it's old doesn't mean its cold. Some of the products I still use goes back to my early Poser days. For instance, I've yet to see a better hairstyle than Fabiana's Twin Tails rather than the far too common pigtails that look like they'd be better attached to the front end of a pachyderm.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
@Hornet3d I use Older Content all the time. Some of my favourite projects and characters are from the Generation 3 days. Hec, I have content dating back to 2006-2007 I intend to use and haven't yet, haven't even installed yet due to space and time constraints.

Hornet3d

Wise
There are a few very nice quality outfits for Dawn but certainly only a few, this ensure you have to use some old outfits to give a decent wardrobe. It is also surprising just how good some old props can look with updated Superfly materials.

Hornet3d

Wise
I always do a test render on any new content I buy, not to see if it will work, but more to see what I want to change for to render the way I want it to and what existing content I have that will work with it.

Japan room HW.jpg

New Content here is Japan Room by Samant with HR-217 hair from Ali and Cheongsam Dress from Ken1171_ designs.

Riccardo

Adventurous
@Hornet3d I use Older Content all the time. Some of my favourite projects and characters are from the Generation 3 days. Hec, I have content dating back to 2006-2007 I intend to use and haven't yet, haven't even installed yet due to space and time constraints.
I can understand you soooo much! I always like to try old content, especially, as some of you know, in Carrara. In this moment I am getting Studio Maya Dolls, Miki 2, Apollo Max and stuff like that because I fear that sooner or later they may disappear without me having the chance to grab them. As Terai Yuki 2 did! :eek: (Ok, I know there is a japanese site that still sells her, but they don't even have an English translation for the store)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I'm still using a number of the old Red House sets for a lot of my work. The Study and the Shoppes in particular. I think those first came out around 2004. Admittedly, they've been re-worked more than once since then. But they are still definitely favorites of mine.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Slightly off-topic but the image I'm working on at the moment features pavings from UltraScenery Paving which I bought from RNDA (RDNA?) pre-Daz and it's rendering perfectly in Iray! Ain't life fun?

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Slightly off-topic but the image I'm working on at the moment features pavings from UltraScenery Paving which I bought from RNDA (RDNA?) pre-Daz and it's rendering perfectly in Iray! Ain't life fun?
RDNA = Runtime DNA. There was a lot of great stuff there. Some of the Vendors went to Daz with the Buyout, but a lot was lost forever. I used to be a Vendor there. The forums had lots of great and useful Poser threads with a wide variety of tips and tricks for different editions. Several Material Room specific threads too.

I'm not sure if I have the UltraScenery stuff, I would have to check my archives. I have, and still use, quite a bit of Trasnpond and Traveler Foliage items and landscape pieces.

Hornet3d

Wise
RDNA = Runtime DNA. There was a lot of great stuff there. Some of the Vendors went to Daz with the Buyout, but a lot was lost forever. I used to be a Vendor there. The forums had lots of great and useful Poser threads with a wide variety of tips and tricks for different editions. Several Material Room specific threads too.

I'm not sure if I have the UltraScenery stuff, I would have to check my archives. I have, and still use, quite a bit of Trasnpond and Traveler Foliage items and landscape pieces.
RDNA was a favorite place of mind as I struggled to understand the world of Poser began to scratch the surface of the software. My present day knowledge of Poser, limited as it is, is built of the foundation of skills I learnt from the great bunch of people that made RDNA what it was.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
It was definitely a favorite marketplace for me. And the Deep Freeze collection had some enormously useful bits and pieces.

Even though I am a Studio user, since Iray, I'm more likely to use Poser content when it's available. Poser vendors haven't abandoned Firefly, the way most Studio developers have 3DL.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Indeed! It was RDNA (Thanks KageRyu) which convinced me to go full time with 3D because of my great love of the Surreal and RDNA's off-wall approach. I'm surprised just how much I've got of their products tucked away in my bottom drawer...Sluggians anyone?

Hornet3d

Wise
Lights of the City.

Lights of the City.jpg

STV Romantic room and Couples in Love by santuziy78.

I love using the pose sets created by santuziy78 the only difficulty is I am using them to pose Dawn and there is no Dawn option in these poses. Using the V4 pose works on the whole but the hands and fingers always need adjusting. If using a combined M4 and V4 set there is a problem of my own making. Caoimhe is portrayed as a 5 foot figure while Turlough (M4) is portrayed as being a few inches taller so further adjustment is needed. I could amend the size of either figure, of course, but why make life easy.