• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I remember that original Dawn used to take G2F poses fairly well. But I gather that the shift to G3 and the adoption of a different rigging system knocked that into a cocked hat. Santuziy does do some excellent work. With in the sets, and the poses to use with them.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
If using a combined M4 and V4 set there is a problem of my own making. Caoimhe is portrayed as a 5 foot figure while Turlough (M4) is portrayed as being a few inches taller so further adjustment is needed. I could amend the size of either figure, of course, but why make life easy.
You hit a common nail on the head here in regards to figure proportions in Poser, one that even I am guilty of not accounting for - differing heights of characters. It is so common for figure after figure rendered using the same base figure model to have the same height, and often poses are designed at default. While Poser does have some proportioning settings built in, they do not cover as wide range as I would like (unless this changed in 11+). Worse still, differing Human figure models are scaled differently to one another (stand Dusk next to M4...Stand M4 next to M3...) and props and settings I have found often need scale adjustments to fit or be used with figures they were not designed for (or the figures scaled).

For Clothing, I parent it to the Conformed Figures body so I can scale the main figures and all clothing and props will scale with them (usually...some props do not cooperate).

I am curious @Hornet3d how do you insure a given figure is a a specific height range in Feet? I have found measuring such things in Poser difficult to verify.

Hornet3d

Wise
I remember that original Dawn used to take G2F poses fairly well. But I gather that the shift to G3 and the adoption of a different rigging system knocked that into a cocked hat. Santuziy does do some excellent work. With in the sets, and the poses to use with them.
In fairness the V4 poses are about 95% right for Dawn so it is a small price to pay to use such high quality content.

Hornet3d

Wise
You hit a common nail on the head here in regards to figure proportions in Poser, one that even I am guilty of not accounting for - differing heights of characters. It is so common for figure after figure rendered using the same base figure model to have the same height, and often poses are designed at default. While Poser does have some proportioning settings built in, they do not cover as wide range as I would like (unless this changed in 11+). Worse still, differing Human figure models are scaled differently to one another (stand Dusk next to M4...Stand M4 next to M3...) and props and settings I have found often need scale adjustments to fit or be used with figures they were not designed for (or the figures scaled).

For Clothing, I parent it to the Conformed Figures body so I can scale the main figures and all clothing and props will scale with them (usually...some props do not cooperate).

I am curious @Hornet3d how do you insure a given figure is a a specific height range in Feet? I have found measuring such things in Poser difficult to verify.

That question takes me back in time as I created the Caoimhe character way back and, although I have changed much about her such as skin tones, I have never played with her height.

I used a tool created by Lyrra called the shape of Dawn which had a number of presets which included 5 foot, 5 foot 2, 5 foot 4 and so on. I purchased it from Hivewire3D back in August of 2015, for the sale price of $5.92, the full price was $7.95 at the time. Of course I cannot say with any certainty that it does equate to a Poser height of five foot, I just have to trust Lyrra's skills for that. What I do know however is that if I purchased something like a motorbike which included poses they did not work correctly on my character. I could have scaled the motorbike but my aim from the start was to create a heroine that was petite, rather than the standard catwalk model proportions, so scaling the bike would have defeated the object. To continue the theme Caoimhe's love interest, Turlough, is M4 at full size so Caoimhe is dwarfed a little by him. All this makes setting a scene a lot more difficult than it need be but I like to step outside of the norm where I can.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
@Hornet3d I have the tool you speak of for Dawn I believe. I am unsure if I have used it - I should take another look (I need to reorganize my runtimes...again). I was hoping you might have had some secret that worked across multiple figures. I have reoccurring characters using the Generation 3s, Generation 4s, Dusk, Dawn SM G2 series, and a few others.

I understand completely regarding scaling the boke, I was not suggesting this as a solution to the specific height issue, more pointing out that when setting up a base setting where all of the default male figures should be similar in height, I have found I often have to scale figures or scale settings and vehicles. I have several sci-fi vehicles and Mechs intended for H3, and while I use him more for younger characters, he is much smaller than even M3 which is sort of the default I want everything scaled for... Though I am also trying to set up things for use in animated scenes and this is all in the overwhelming amount of prep work I am still doing.

Hornet3d

Wise
@Hornet3d I have the tool you speak of for Dawn I believe. I am unsure if I have used it - I should take another look (I need to reorganize my runtimes...again). I was hoping you might have had some secret that worked across multiple figures. I have reoccurring characters using the Generation 3s, Generation 4s, Dusk, Dawn SM G2 series, and a few others.

I understand completely regarding scaling the boke, I was not suggesting this as a solution to the specific height issue, more pointing out that when setting up a base setting where all of the default male figures should be similar in height, I have found I often have to scale figures or scale settings and vehicles. I have several sci-fi vehicles and Mechs intended for H3, and while I use him more for younger characters, he is much smaller than even M3 which is sort of the default I want everything scaled for... Though I am also trying to set up things for use in animated scenes and this is all in the overwhelming amount of prep work I am still doing.

I understood you were not suggesting a solution more that you had the issue that comes with Poser, where my sizing is really due to my own making. I do have the same problem you have and, unfortunately, like you I need to do a lot of prep work.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Speaking of prep work - I am slowly still trying to move my animated project foreward. I am trying to gear up for the battle of Farhgraid, which is a significant historical battle that helps lay some groundwork for the world and some of the characters. I still am designing Ships, Costumes, Fighters, Vehicles, Sets, Interiors, and characters. I then need to make some custom paintjobs for all of the above for the differing squadrons, factions, and governments involved... I feel greatly overwhelmed.

Here is one of my more recent Aerospace Fighters for this sequence -
The Shiane Ray (aka Devilfish)

I still need, 3-4 more fighters, and 5-6 ship classes, 3 types of bridge layouts, a few corridors, 2 different hanger decks, and then a lot of city and ground landscapes for the planetside stuff...

Hornet3d

Wise
Why shop until YOU drop.

Shopping Centre - Fun HW.jpg

Location - Shopping Courtyard from TruForm
Poses - STZ Shopping by Santuziy78

Roberta

Eager
Evening tales.......

It seems Willow can't put all her friends to bed....
I only used 2 lights that simulate a bright entrance from the two windows on the ceiling. The other lights are obtained with Vincebagna materials. Using Willow for Dawn and my add-on for Elfen Wear for Dawn.
Original render was 3516x2000. Poser 11Pro superfly.
RaccontiSerali_webRid.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
Evening tales.......

It seems Willow can't put all her friends to bed....
I only used 2 lights that simulate a bright entrance from the two windows on the ceiling. The other lights are obtained with Vincebagna materials. Using Willow for Dawn and my add-on for Elfen Wear for Dawn.
Original render was 3516x2000. Poser 11Pro superfly.
View attachment 78659
Adorable, I love the lighting it works well. I love Vincebagna materials and use them all the time

Riccardo

Adventurous

Through the Monolith​

Approaching the mysterious monolith (see previous episode), the Chocorabbits find out that it actually is made of chocolate… but not solid as expected; it's liquid, or something like that!

The bravest Chocorabbits try to touch it and immerse their paws…
Fine: high quality chocolate.
So they try to go further and…
That's incredible, they can enter it, but nothing shows from the opposite side!
Where are they now? Are our heroes lost forever?
Oh, tragedy! Ah, despair!

But wait! Here they come back! What are they saying?
"Come here! You must see what's there… here… well, inside this thing!"

Luckily, the contact with the monolith seems to be harmless, but…
This mystery becomes even more mysterious!

Happy and immersive Easter 2024!
Pasqua2024-1280x720.jpg

A passage into the unknown?
Quiz answer: the previous episode (as well as this one), paid homage to the movie "2001: A Space Odyssey" and its monolith.

Carrara 8.5 Pro render.​

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
A rare foray into SciFi. Wonderland from Stonemason, Shogun from luthbel and GeishaBot from 'Ghost In The Shell' from PAMAWO (the live version) How could I resist?
Wonderland.jpg
The Character for the GeishaBot is Rila Fukushima by TritiumCG who played the role in the film. She also played the role of Wolverines bodyguard (all 5 foot nothing of her!) in the film 'The Wolverine' and proved to be a fine actress in her own right!