• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
One of an evolving series of images inspired by my friend and muse, Mai. The theme came from a passing remark about 'musucal goths! The character is Wendy for G8.1F by Vyusur!
Gothica Musica - A Little Night Music.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
One of my tutor's (a fellow surrealist) at the RCA used to tell me that if I was overthinking something (something I frequently do) to stop thinking. In short, sit back and let the artist take over. They know what they need in an image. I was reminded of that recently by an amazing young lady from Columbia called Mai after a long period in the doldrums and I think I've got a lot better for it. After I 'finish' an image I leave it, sometimes for months before I go back to it. It's surprising what you spot when the creative rush is past when you do. Either way, any work you turn out has value because of that urge to create. Respect!

Clearly good advice I am just not sure I have the will power to stop myself when I am deep into trying to sort a render out. That said, I tend to create a year book of my art, this year will be my tenth year, and when I pick renders for inclusion in the book I often go back and do changes. Fits in with your idea of looking at the render with fresh eyes I guess.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Clearly good advice I am just not sure I have the will power to stop myself when I am deep into trying to sort a render out. That said, I tend to create a year book of my art, this year will be my tenth year, and when I pick renders for inclusion in the book I often go back and do changes. Fits in with your idea of looking at the render with fresh eyes I guess.
It has its good points, however, as you say it can be difficult to call a halt and sit back. I know I've spent long hours over an image from start to finish (my records two days) until I admit defeat and force myself to stop. Musica Gothica - A Little Night Music (above) is a case in point. The figure and pose came fairly quickly, then I struggled over what to actually do with her and the image went though various, often contrasting iterations, until I stumbled across that background by Aaka and there she was...raising a storm...! Lighting took a while. With just the HDRI she was backlit, in silhouette until I came up with just the right balance of a frontal, wide spotlight for fill and a tiny pointlight to mute the contrast over a few days. I think I managed around thirty renders plus partials before my brain finally gave up and said, thats it! Life can be fun at times, can't it?

Hornet3d

Wise
Caoihme wondered why Turlough persisted in this futile argument over who would lead the mission on every mission, the outcome was always the same but she hated pulling rank on him. Tonight was going to be difficult mission, precision bombing raised the stress levels considerably, and for this one, precision was an understatement.

Bombing Run HW.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
That is an awesome looking city set. What is it?

It is part of UrbanSprawl2 by Stonemason back when he was still creating for Poser. I purchased this at the end of 2009, it was 50% off and then I had a further Platinum Club discount bringing the price down to a massive $20.95. For that I got four main sections, the one used here is the NW section so there is still NE, SE and SW to add if required. There is then the prop pack so individual buildings can be added along with signs, roads, mail boxes and other street furniture. I used it a lot when I first purchased it but I think this is it's first airing for over ten years.

Reactions: 3WC

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
It is part of UrbanSprawl2 by Stonemason back when he was still creating for Poser. I purchased this at the end of 2009, it was 50% off and then I had a further Platinum Club discount bringing the price down to a massive $20.95. For that I got four main sections, the one used here is the NW section so there is still NE, SE and SW to add if required. There is then the prop pack so individual buildings can be added along with signs, roads, mail boxes and other street furniture. I used it a lot when I first purchased it but I think this is it's first airing for over ten years.
That's the genius of people like Stonemason. Despite having switched to DS a while ago I still use his products for Poser as well as DM (Danei & Marfino) and Grey Cloud design. Quality wins every time!

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
MARIE ANTIONETTE. On a lighter note, this is what you get for reading dry old history books. I blame the modern education system! Figure is Savannah by Cynder Blue, Room is Montespan (for Poser) by Grey cloud Design, Clothing by PAMAWO! Lovebirds and Dodo by Ken Gilliland, Housecat by Chris Creek!
marie_antionette_by_ferkinkat_df9o13j-fullview.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
That's the genius of people like Stonemason. Despite having switched to DS a while ago I still use his products for Poser as well as DM (Danei & Marfino) and Grey Cloud design. Quality wins every time!

I have spent a fortune over the years, certainly enough to buy a very decent sports or family car, but that has been over nearly 24 years now, so the sports car would be long gone today. I dread to think what the car would have cost me in insurance and maintenance. I can still use Stonemason's products today, some 15 years on and it is the same high quality as it ever was and I can use it the latest version of the program I purchased it for way back in 2009. The same can be said DM (Danei & Marfino) content that I have a vast collection of which, like you, I still use.

Hornet3d

Wise
MARIE ANTIONETTE. On a lighter note, this is what you get for reading dry old history books. I blame the modern education system! Figure is Savannah by Cynder Blue, Room is Montespan (for Poser) by Grey cloud Design, Clothing by PAMAWO! Lovebirds and Dodo by Ken Gilliland, Housecat by Chris Creek!
View attachment 78520

Good grief, you read books, I thought it was a pastime only I continued to indulge in.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Read books! Moi? By the thousand...literally. Authors aplenty especially Tolkien, Murukami, Jodi Taylor, John Connolly and so on. Greatest inspiration along with music. The last post came from a book my daughter loaned me and as everyone knows her final act I thought I'd take a look at her from the other side. A bit short on sheep, but now that Daz has managed to come up with a decent one (but not a patch on Chris!) that Dodo might get a flock of companions. Ditto with Stonemasons later products (and DM). In fact I've had something of a spree of late. I splurged out on a new PC for Graphics and it came with lots of space for stuff on it's SD drive and wickedly fast. Until I'd loaded all my older stuff plus a sudden bout of, "Ooh! I like the looks of thatitus!" in addition to creating my own characters with Face Transfer, etc. Fortunately it was designed for expansion with slot-in harddrive expansion so it's now sporting terrabytes of whump! On reflection. A sportscar might have been nice but this 3D stuff is way more fun, innit?