• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
It's been so long since I was last here. I hope you all are still doing well! I feel like I have no time most of the time, but I am still getting things done from time to time. Thought I should pop back in since I've been doing some work with HiveWire figures again.

I got hooked on Hogwarts Legacy last year and been doing a lot of work with a character I adapted to it (he's still my avatar here). In October one of my HL acquaintances hosted a prompt list which I managed to finish a few pieces for. This one was for the Day 16 prompt of Male MC. After an exhausting day of classes and running around the Hogsmeade Valley running errands, Hellendil has passed out on a chair in the Ravenclaw common room. He spends many nights out rescuing creatures from poachers and helping others with their needs and doesn't always make it back to his dorm. His friend's cat came looking for pets and fell asleep with him.

WELCOME HOME!

Hornet3d

Wise
After a brief intermission this is what I've been up to! This is Lucy (aka, Scary Girl) and named after my youngest grandaughter. Created in Face Transfer with body morphs and skin texturing from a 1930's picture of a young circus performer. The Carnival Mask is from B.E.T.T.Y. and the lighting is from Monochrome Iray by Colm Jackson.View attachment 78499

It is so great to hear from you after so long, I had to do a double take when I saw the your name as it it was so unexpected.

Great work by the way.

Hornet3d

Wise
It's been so long since I was last here. I hope you all are still doing well! I feel like I have no time most of the time, but I am still getting things done from time to time. Thought I should pop back in since I've been doing some work with HiveWire figures again.

I got hooked on Hogwarts Legacy last year and been doing a lot of work with a character I adapted to it (he's still my avatar here). In October one of my HL acquaintances hosted a prompt list which I managed to finish a few pieces for. This one was for the Day 16 prompt of Male MC. After an exhausting day of classes and running around the Hogsmeade Valley running errands, Hellendil has passed out on a chair in the Ravenclaw common room. He spends many nights out rescuing creatures from poachers and helping others with their needs and doesn't always make it back to his dorm. His friend's cat came looking for pets and fell asleep with him.

So good the hear from you and see your work.

Hornet3d

Wise
2024 looks like it might be a good Poser year for me.

Trying out new content, in this case the new Cliffside Home by TruForm, it is vast so the enclosed cameras are a real plus.

Clifffside Roof HW.jpg

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
It is so great to hear from you after so long, I had to do a double take when I saw the your name as it it was so unexpected.

Great work by the way.
Thank you my friend. Took a long time getting my head together, relocating (North Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada and back to the UK with a detour via Bagota, Columbia [Scary] to visit friends). The biggest switch was changing over to DS (my former love/hate/hate relationship) and learning to drive it! I think I'm getting the hang of it now (Just!). I posted this over in the Ken Gilliland products thread but I think it will work here too! If you know of Eva Ionescu's past life you will understand why I feel it is important to point out what a strong person she has become in spite of it! Respect!
EVA G9F.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
Thank you my friend. Took a long time getting my head together, relocating (North Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada and back to the UK with a detour via Bagota, Columbia [Scary] to visit friends). The biggest switch was changing over to DS (my former love/hate/hate relationship) and learning to drive it! I think I'm getting the hang of it now (Just!). I posted this over in the Ken Gilliland products thread but I think it will work here too! If you know of Eva Ionescu's past life you will understand why I feel it is important to point out what a strong person she has become in spite of it! Respect!
View attachment 78505

You render certainly is thought provoking and has great atmosphere. My knowledge of Eva Ionescu's past life was limited so I did a little more research which allowed me to see your render in a completely different light. The render is totally in keeping with the story and you have really captured the essence.

Hornet3d

Wise
Caoimhe did a read through of the passenger list for the umpteenth, important people indeed, which explained why she was early. She told herself she would relax when they started to arrive.

Night Shuttle HW.jpg

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
You render certainly is thought provoking and has great atmosphere. My knowledge of Eva Ionescu's past life was limited so I did a little more research which allowed me to see your render in a completely different light. The render is totally in keeping with the story and you have really captured the essence.
Thank you! I thought I'd better add a few details. The environment is a reproduction of one of the sets her mother photographed her naked in at the age of 11 years, and used various props from a number of vendors. Eva was created in Face Transfer 2 plus body morphing to give her an age of around 13/14 years. Long, curly hair by Linday, Dress by Rhiannon and butterflies from Ken Gilliland (top notch as usual). There is a film of Eva's (as producer) free on YouTube called My Little Princess which is quite accurate as she experienced her early life and is well worth watching! The image is actually called Butterflies (for Eva) and was inspired by my friend and muse Mai from Columbia!

Hornet3d

Wise
Thank you! I thought I'd better add a few details. The environment is a reproduction of one of the sets her mother photographed her naked in at the age of 11 years, and used various props from a number of vendors. Eva was created in Face Transfer 2 plus body morphing to give her an age of around 13/14 years. Long, curly hair by Linday, Dress by Rhiannon and butterflies from Ken Gilliland (top notch as usual). There is a film of Eva's (as producer) free on YouTube called My Little Princess which is quite accurate as she experienced her early life and is well worth watching! The image is actually called Butterflies (for Eva) and was inspired by my friend and muse Mai from Columbia!

I could see where you inspiration came from just from the clips I saw on line when digging a little deeper. I must look at the film on YouTube when I get a chance.

Hornet3d

Wise
Those shelves look too empty. They need some knick-Knacks or books or both.

You are absolutely right and thank you for pointing it out, I used the default scene for the kitchen but building the rest was a nightmare for some reason. I could not get the pose right and then I struggled with the lighting, my first setup gave Dawn panda eyes for some reason I could not fathom. After a hour of trying to tweak the light setup I deleted the lot and started again. As you say though, the scene is crying out something to be added, particularly on the shelves. I guess I was so concentrated on getting a render that looked right-ish I missed the blindingly obvious.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
@Hornet3d , I understand all too well getting wrapped up in fighting with lighting, or other aspects of a scene. It happens to me all of the time. Sometimes I think I am too much of a stickler for the small details too - it takes me forever to set up some scenes. I am almost never completely happy with any of my renders, to be honest.

Hornet3d

Wise
@Hornet3d , I understand all too well getting wrapped up in fighting with lighting, or other aspects of a scene. It happens to me all of the time. Sometimes I think I am too much of a stickler for the small details too - it takes me forever to set up some scenes. I am almost never completely happy with any of my renders, to be honest.

Well I have had an attempt at least.

Clifffside Kitchen II HW.jpg

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
You are absolutely right and thank you for pointing it out, I used the default scene for the kitchen but building the rest was a nightmare for some reason. I could not get the pose right and then I struggled with the lighting, my first setup gave Dawn panda eyes for some reason I could not fathom. After a hour of trying to tweak the light setup I deleted the lot and started again. As you say though, the scene is crying out something to be added, particularly on the shelves. I guess I was so concentrated on getting a render that looked right-ish I missed the blindingly obvious.
One of my tutor's (a fellow surrealist) at the RCA used to tell me that if I was overthinking something (something I frequently do) to stop thinking. In short, sit back and let the artist take over. They know what they need in an image. I was reminded of that recently by an amazing young lady from Columbia called Mai after a long period in the doldrums and I think I've got a lot better for it. After I 'finish' an image I leave it, sometimes for months before I go back to it. It's surprising what you spot when the creative rush is past when you do. Either way, any work you turn out has value because of that urge to create. Respect!