• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Hornet3d

Wise
Bridge of Spies

Bridge of Spies HW.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
is that from the new Kitbash3D Ironforge kit?
As KageRyu has already confirmed the model is from the new Ironforge collection at Kitbash3D. It was 50% off for a while after launch which I when I grabbed it and it follows the normal convention for such kits consisting of 138 models which includes 21 small, medium and large buildings.

Iron Forge Bridge HW.jpg

Other than the buildings the other models are props such as mine trucks, winches, wheelbarrows, lamps, banners, stone tables, candles, books and so on.

Prop Stone Table A HW.jpg

There are 59 materials which I have had to convert from Blender to Poser but you only have to do each one once and I take the opportunity to tweak them for Superfly. As far I have all the materials done and have applied them to the buildings and I am about half way through the props.

Prop Train Cart F HW.jpg

I have to admit I had to break into the 2024 piggy bank for this one as I have already purchased a few of the KitBash3D kits this year. That said it should mean I have plenty to play with in 2024 and beyond.

Hornet3d

Wise
I only have the free ones ;)

Well congratulations on managing to get hold of the free ones, but I can well understand why many would find it difficult to justify buying the kits unless you can generate some sort of income from them. I love most the kits and they are certainly of high quality, they could even be regarded as value for money, particularly at sale price. The big problem is the massive outlay required to own such kits, item for item the kit contents are favorably priced compared with other market places but few hobbyists can justify buying the kits for just hobby purposes.

I am in the very lucky position of being retired on a reasonable pension thanks to both state and personal pensions and own my own home (or put another way my guardian angel is both skillful and hard working). As such I cannot be put on short time, be made redundant or be sacked and I have a small nest egg from when I was made redundant just as I was planning to retire early. Despite being in a relatively comfortable position I still have difficult justifying the purchase of a kit and that is when they are 50% off full price purchases are out of the question. Each kit is only purchased after a great deal of thought and, despite my collection of kits, the decision to buy or not has occasionally been not to buy.

parkdalegardener

Adventurous
Wendy; I too have all the free kits and Enchanted is the only pay one I have. I turned Hornet on to the free Mission to Minerva kit as it seemed perfect for his photo book story at a price we can all afford.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Trying to work through my mental block - here is a WIP preview of my latest Kitbashed ship. I really need to make some uniforms for Dusk, Dawm V4, and M4 so I can do some interior shots.

Hornet3d

Wise
Wendy; I too have all the free kits and Enchanted is the only pay one I have. I turned Hornet on to the free Mission to Minerva kit as it seemed perfect for his photo book story at a price we can all afford.

Yep I picked up Mission to Minerva once you pointed me in that direction and you were right it was ideal for photobook story. Added a lot since then but I would have missed out big time if you had not taken the trouble to make me aware of KitBash so I will be forever in your debt.

Saphirewild

Brilliant
Amazing images so far!!
I myself am not going to be able to render anything for a while until I get a new computer because I am on a laptop right now and it has a very low memory and I do not know how to make room for more stuff, so I have to wait until I get a new computer!!
Also I do not have a good enough graphics card for the new Daz Studio program.
:nyah:

So I need to get a new computer that can handle the bigger graphics!
But I will still be around to make comments and to encourage you all!!
:yes:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I need to get a new computer that can handle the bigger graphics!

I have added more RAM and upgraded my video card over the same old 4th gen i7 Haswell, and so far, I am still getting away with it for most tasks. I also had to replace the power supply because the old one couldn't handle RTX rendering. However, I was shocked how DDR4 RAM is still as expensive now as it was a decade ago. People say RAM got cheaper, but that was not my experience. We already have DDR6, so DDR4 was supposed to get cheaper. I suspect his might be related to all memory in the world being only manufactured in a few places.

Hornet3d

Wise
Some More of Dawn Patrol's A.P.E.s

Those ammo belts were a PITA and very tedious even using a workaround. I still have about 6 more Weapon Pod variants to make, and a few accessories and optional add ons. Then I can make all the needed mirrors and call this project done.

Really looking good.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
My eldest daughter is just wacky over Zelda the game... I have no idea what it involves so I checked it out..
cool

Grabbed my body and with a bit of manipulation I linked it to a sword and scabbath modelled from a cube today... linked it all together and ended up with this image.

do you see what I did there?
wink

boned and morphed and put the fella in his first Carrara Christmas render which explains his perplexed look...