• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Hornet3d

Wise
Whoa, I hadn't seen that one. I'll have to go check it out.

Makes me think the flowers lined across the back are really the same size as we would see them every day, and the rest of the planet, and it's living
"beings", are minuscule. Definitely other worldly.

It is discounted at the moment so I think it is fairly new which may explain why you had not seen it. Strangely Poser is listed under compatible software but only .DUF is listed in the whats included section. There are two downloads listed both marked Daz Studio but one zip ends in DS and the other in PS, just as before, and the PS zip holds the runtime just as before.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
While I was there, I also noticed another of his, Planet Selena, that looks nice.

Hornet3d

Wise
While I was there, I also noticed another of his, Planet Selena, that looks nice.

It has been around a while but you are right, that is another good planet.

Planet Selena 2 HW.jpg

Planet Selena HW.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
I have over 40 of his items from back when I was a PC+ member, as he did a lot of DAZ Originals. I'm liking those 2 Planet sets, but not sure I'd get much use of them.

Hornet3d

Wise
I have over 40 of his items from back when I was a PC+ member, as he did a lot of DAZ Originals. I'm liking those 2 Planet sets, but not sure I'd get much use of them.

A quick count shows I have around 125 items but then most my renders are sci-fi related so I can get a great deal of use out of them. The fact that there are a couple of series such as Solaris and Dominator bumps up the numbers as I finish up buy the whole set.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, I can well imagine you using a lot of those products. I like sci-fi as well, though I'm into outer space with planets, but not necessarily being on the planets themselves. I have 2 I did back in the days of RDNA when they had an outer space render challenge, which I have up in my Renderosity gallery.

This one is A Fiery Chaos. Be sure to click it to see it full size.

AFieryChaos.jpg

I don't recall now because I wasn't using software tags back then, but I "think" this was done in DS 3.

Hornet3d

Wise
Yes, I can well imagine you using a lot of those products. I like sci-fi as well, though I'm into outer space with planets, but not necessarily being on the planets themselves. I have 2 I did back in the days of RDNA when they had an outer space render challenge, which I have up in my Renderosity gallery.

This one is A Fiery Chaos. Be sure to click it to see it full size.

View attachment 71761

I don't recall now because I wasn't using software tags back then, but I "think" this was done in DS 3.

I like space scenes and this superb. I have a few products like Flink's Space 2 and the like to create such scenes although I think I also have something from Coflek-gnorg that can do much the same. I recently picked up 3D Scenery : Planetarium by ShaaraMuse3D to add to my selection of planets but I have not had time to play with that yet. In addition to all that I have a load of 2D layers of planets, space backgrounds, moons and nebula that I could use in Post work.

I keep meaning to create a universe for some of my story planets so that I could give them a home and add to the story. I have tried more than once but then I get distracted and forget what my original aim was, still there is always tomorrow.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Gosh, I want to make some personal renders, too. But I am busy with store products and Dawn2, so it's just work, work, work. This takes me back to when I was living in Japan! LOL

Hornet3d

Wise
Gosh, I want to make some personal renders, too. But I am busy with store products and Dawn2, so it's just work, work, work. This takes me back to when I was living in Japan! LOL

Much as I love your products I don't want you to over do it so take a break from it once in a while.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Much as I love your products I don't want you to over do it so take a break from it once in a while.

As much as I would love to, taking a break is a luxury not available to indie developers. I am still recovering from HW shutting down their store exactly a year ago. Took months to transfer all products, and, to no surprise, Dawn products are dead weight at Rendo. I have spent the rest of this year reinventing myself as a script developer, and now back to 3D with new products for Dawn2. So much has happened this year, and all I can say is that at no time it was boring! LOL

Miss B

CV-BEE
Gosh, I want to make some personal renders, too.
I haven't really made much in the way of renders for fun lately. This render was done in 2010, so it's old.

Now-a-days, I'm lucky if I can get in an Artistic Render for a product I beta tested for one of the CAs. Even that's been on hold for a while since Dawn 2.0 isn't out in the store for general public use . . . yet.

Hornet3d

Wise
Caoimhe dropped from the craft as high as she dared, any higher and there was a danger her jet suit would not cope with the thinness of the air. Likewise she kept the jet pack hot as long as she dared before killing it and moving to glide mode, the suit immediately configured to achieve the longest glide possible. Her visor burst into life showing a scan of the lay of the complex she was now over and those she was approaching. She had headed for the south west corner of the massive installation hoping that the security might be a little less as efficient as that at the centre of the complex. If all went well their scanning would regard something as small as her as some sort of atmospheric anomaly. If she made it down she guessed she would have around three quads, about the same as her normal rest day run, to get samples and make the extraction point.

Dropping in HW.jpg

Dropping in CU HW.jpg

Dominator Planet by Petipet

Suit - CKV-01 for Dawn by Ken1171_Designs and Volpe_Box

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Single panel comics I made with NearMe ages ago. It showcases 2 of my products that went down with the CP store. They are "Anime Animal Pack" (universal ears and tails), and "Anime Xpression Props" (100+ manga items we place on, or around the head).

Bunny_and_kitty_get_lost__by_ken1171.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
Geeze, how does Carrara render so many characters in one scene, or did you do some compositing of a few renders to get your final render?

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Geeze, how does Carrara render so many characters in one scene, or did you do some compositing of a few renders to get your final render?

nope, no compositing, all one scene in Carrara @Miss B :balloon03: :flower02:

also I forgot to mention I took the photo of my street with my Oppo phone lol