• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
OK, I just checked Rhi's store, and yes, it was her Jynx for V4 main promo that got me started with didi-mc's background sets. In fact, she mentions 3 of didi-mc's sets in the Promo Credits for Jynx, but they're 3 I don't have.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
If you guys haven't checked THIS website yet, and you like 2D/3D fractals, go for it! It's FREE to use, and it's OpenGL accelerated directly from your web browser (no installations). I made this image using one of their templates, placed the camera, took a shot, and composited in Paintshop. Can you imagine modeling all the 3D detail you see in this scene by hand? LOL

RaisingUp_1440.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
Uh Oh! Talking about fractals could get me lost for a few months. I looooove fractals, but I'm pretty much sold on Apophysis. I have tried others, but I always seem to come back to Apophysis. You can see a bunch of them in my gallery at Renderosity, on the bottom half of page 4, and most of page 5.

Uh Oh! I better go hide somewhere, or you won't see me for a while.

robert952

Brilliant
I get lost with fractals. Not the theory, nor software. I literally get lost in the fact it's all around us.
Example: Pick up a tree leaf. Look at the pattern of the 'veins.' Step back from the tree the leaf fell from. The vein pattern matches the branch pattern of the tree. And no matter how you magnify the leaf, the pattern repeats. The branches of the tree are the same pattern as the tree itself. And on and on.

An amazing set of 'patterns' that exist. Don't get me started on Zipf's Law. (Yes, I am perusing the internet alphabetically and am up to the Z's). If you want more on this: Zipf's Law. It's along the same line as thinking of fractals.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I get lost with fractals. Not the theory, nor software. I literally get lost in the fact it's all around us.
Example: Pick up a tree leaf. Look at the pattern of the 'veins.' Step back from the tree the leaf fell from. The vein pattern matches the branch pattern of the tree. And no matter how you magnify the leaf, the pattern repeats. The branches of the tree are the same pattern as the tree itself. And on and on.
Ahhh, the Mandelbrot fractal. Its definition is credited to Adrien Douady who named it in tribute to the mathematician Benoit Mandelbrot, a pioneer of fractal geometry.

I've been into fractals since my very first DOS-based desktop computer. I don't recall the name of the fractal software I used back then, but I was able to set it up to run indefinitely, so often used it as a screensaver. ;)

I moved on to Windows based fractal software with my first Win95 desktop, and kept at it until I found Apophysis, which eventually came out with a 3D version.

Carey

Extraordinary
After meeting the Princes, the next thing on the agenda was for Snape to meet the Burbages, who had portkeyed from New Zealand for the wedding.

Indeed, wedding preparations seem to have taken over all of their lives by this point.

Charity's sister Hope's baby Fiona seems not to have taken with her prospective uncle. The feeling was mutual.

Hope didn't make a good impression, either.

This is a new illustration with no 2011 counterpart.
View attachment 67582
fantastic!!!!!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
and if Australia had a StarShip

it'd be a wacky StarShip Sydney

I don't buy allot of space stuff but this is a hella cool ship man. WOW. Looks like something the Legion of Super Heroes would use. Love the design!

Hornet3d

Wise
The structure of the cave seem to absorb anything they could throw at it, probes were simply reflected while anything inside never managed to send a signal out. This ruled out and remote investigation be it by robot or drone and so it had the be the personal approach, something Caoimhe was not looking forward to. The inner skin looked as though it was exactly that giving her the feeling she was walking down the throat of a gigantic monster but there was far more to worry her inside.

Biotech HW.jpg

Easy Snap BioMech for Poser by midnight_stories

Shanarah

Admirable
Sorry I've been absent so long guys, I've been having a rough go of it the past few months. I'm glad to see so many new artworks posted since then. Lovely work all! :wub: I did get a couple things finished while I was away, just need to work on posting them when I have time. Here's the latest one I uploaded.

Winter World of Love​

Teagan and Ysmeria get ready to go out for a ride during the winter at Rainesfere. Setting out for Ansburg for the holidays, perhaps?

---

I'm still on my Dragon Age kick with my elf mage warden and Teagan. I'm actually pretty excited that I'm still working on this stuff because now I have a good excuse to play a bunch with the Hivewire Horse (and to buy more for it ;)). I also updated Ysmeria to G3F so she should be able to wear more of my runtime and pose better with G3M.

Hornet3d

Wise
Sorry I've been absent so long guys, I've been having a rough go of it the past few months. I'm glad to see so many new artworks posted since then. Lovely work all! :wub: I did get a couple things finished while I was away, just need to work on posting them when I have time. Here's the latest one I uploaded.

Winter World of Love​

Teagan and Ysmeria get ready to go out for a ride during the winter at Rainesfere. Setting out for Ansburg for the holidays, perhaps?

---

I'm still on my Dragon Age kick with my elf mage warden and Teagan. I'm actually pretty excited that I'm still working on this stuff because now I have a good excuse to play a bunch with the Hivewire Horse (and to buy more for it ;)). I also updated Ysmeria to G3F so she should be able to wear more of my runtime and pose better with G3M.

Quite simply stunning, the mix of grey with colour is wonderful but the depth of field really makes it pop.