• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Hornet3d

Wise
Ohhh, I'm soooo glad you did a closeup render, because as lovely as the first render's scenery is, I couldn't make out Caoimhe, only the motor bike.

Oh, and a nice poem too. ;)

Thank you for the comments, the materials on the bike did not work well in Superfly for some reasons so I had to reassign different materials. Having put the time in it seemed wasted not to do a render where the bike was a bit more prominent.

The poem was one a read in a book many years ago and is has stuck with ever since, it has a sentiment I try keep in mind a lot more since I retired and found I was so busy I do not know where I found the time to go to work.

Riccardo

Adventurous
Love this.. but shouldn't they have their noses covered too???? lol
Ah ha, you are right @Llola Lane and I thought about that, but...
Some studies say that the "nose carrots" only transpire at their root, so it shouldn't be a problem.
Or... I could not arrange carrots and masks properly for the image, so you'll have to grant me this artistic license ;-)

Hornet3d

Wise
"Sorry Sis, I really fouled up this time."

Sisterly Confessions 2 HW.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Among the hidden cache of belated presents and correspondence were several bequests. Most had reverted to the Ministry when unclaimed after three years, but there was one which was recent enough to still be worth investigating. A freehold with a cottage and some land, which had been owned by one Clothilda Fletwock, who had outlived her husband, children, grandchildren, and having no remaining descendants had left the property to The Boy Who Lived.

Snape had contacted the lawyers and as Harry's wizarding proxy guardian, had gone to see the property, to determine whether it would be best to simply sell it, or whether it was habitable.

January was not the best time to see the property at its best, but it was a sound cottage in the country, which would certainly be a better place for a young boy to grow up than in a hidden room at the Dursleys'.

There were also goats.

This is another new illustration with no direct 2011 counterpart.
2020.jpg

Stezza

Dances with Bees
started this off with a cube

wanna keep all those nasty 3d thieves and wacky interstaters out of your Runtime?

then here's a wacky barrier set from Carrara Council to help you to keep'em out!
smiley

death is not included!
find it in the wacky modeling thread over yonder

Gisela

Eager
Among the hidden cache of belated presents and correspondence were several bequests. Most had reverted to the Ministry when unclaimed after three years, but there was one which was recent enough to still be worth investigating. A freehold with a cottage and some land, which had been owned by one Clothilda Fletwock, who had outlived her husband, children, grandchildren, and having no remaining descendants had left the property to The Boy Who Lived.

Snape had contacted the lawyers and as Harry's wizarding proxy guardian, had gone to see the property, to determine whether it would be best to simply sell it, or whether it was habitable.

January was not the best time to see the property at its best, but it was a sound cottage in the country, which would certainly be a better place for a young boy to grow up than in a hidden room at the Dursleys'.

There were also goats.

This is another new illustration with no direct 2011 counterpart.
View attachment 66559
Your renders are amazing. The scenes so complicate in details. What software do you use to create your art? Daz?

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Yeah, done in Studio 4.12. In 3DL, since photorealism is not at all my thing (obviously). There's usually some postwork for adjusting curves, or color vibrance. The page borders used in the project are fairly loud, so muted and subtle isn't what I was aiming for.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
She's gorgeous JV. I don't think I've ever done such a closeup for a final render. Well done sir!

Hornet3d

Wise
Turlough stayed on the balcony while Caoimhe got ready for the party, while she seemed unconcerned about him being in her bedroom he felt much more at ease on the balcony. As this was a holiday home both the bedroom and the balcony looked out across the ocean thus there was the cooling breeze on the balcony that made Turlough feel sightly less hot under the collar.

As he waited his mind began to drift and he thought once more of the this evening which, he suddenly realised, could be regarded as their first date together. While they had spent and great deal of time together in recent months, travelling and attending meetings all of this was work related. Even tonight party had it's origins in the work they were involved in but was clearly much more a social occasion. He wondered if Caoimhe saw it as a date, they had never really discussed it and she seemed to have assumed they were going together so here he was. The though of it being a date perturbed him and left him feeling more than a little nervous. He began to pace the balcony hoping she would back very soon before he could scare himself any more.

When she did reappear suddenly remembered the words 'be careful what you wish for' because she had suddenly moved his nervous concern to almost blind panic. She looked stunning but Turlough realised he might be spending most the night fending off other guys, but..well was that even right he should do so, were they on a date and even if they were was that an acceptable way to behave in her culture.

His panic was not lost on Caoimhe who, having breezed into the bedroom in high spirits and looking forward to the party stopped for a moment as she sensed a change in Turlough's usual laid back manner.

"Is something wrong?"

"N...no it's, I mean you, ur um no every thing is just perfect"

Caoimhe smiled an decided not to press the matter but did note that this was the first time she had heard Turlough almost lost for words.

Party Time HW.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
The problem with Charity, Snape decides, is that she is just too friendly. Worse, she seems to think that because he and she and Lupin were all in Hogwarts at roughly the same time, that they should *all* be friends.

In 2011,
2011.jpg

And in 2020.
2020.jpg