• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

She's gorgeous JV. I don't think I've ever done such a closeup for a final render. Well done sir!
Thank you. I had to subdivide the figure to level 5 to show the close-up details (pores, wrinkles, blemishes)
She is beautiful and the hair is stunning.
Thank you!
Yes indeed. There's a distinctly Fabiana look to the lighting.
Thank you JOdel, I don't use premade light sets. I've used 5 light sources for this render, 3 spot lights (Key, Fill, and Rim), 1 HDRi as ambient (you can see the HDRi reflected in the eyes) and a emissive plane in front to diffuse the shadows. I learned the studio lighting by watching a lot of photographic lighting tutorials on Youtube.

Tori.jpg

A quick n dirty render with a cyberpunk vibe featureing Afrodite-Ahki debute to Daz Studio with her Adedayo Hair.

Basic 3 point light setup. I slightly tinted the key aqua, the fill pink, the Rim purple. The HDRi is a cyberpunk background

Stezza

Dances with Bees
How wacky is this!
my video tutorial on modelling a tennis ball ~
surprise

and you'll find the wacky ball and wacky racket in the zip file over yonder in the wacky modeling thread for you to experiment and texture with
yes

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I haven't used Carrara in years. I wonder if I could figure out how to do it in Blender from your tutorial. Hmmmm . . . ~scratches head wondering~

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Thanks! I do a lot of fighting with the lighting.

There are plenty of good 3DL lighting sets out there. But a lot of them are designed for portraits, which I don't actually deal with very often. My base lighting for an illo is generally something from Khory's Caressed by Light 2 set. I also add linear point lights at light sources in the scene like lamps and fireplaces.

I do often use one of Flipmode's Easy Environment Poser light sets for work lights while setting things up. Sometimes I leave the sun light from that in place for the shadows. But I don't think I did that with this one.

And I do adjust things in post, although i have to be careful not to blow out the highlights any more than unavoidable.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
It is a point of pride when you do manage to get everything in render. but there's no shame in adjusting the curves or layers or exposure. People might as well sneer at needing to resize things.

And some things need to be done in layers and composited in post just to get all of the characters into the scene.

robert952

Brilliant
How wacky is this!
my video tutorial on modelling a tennis ball ~
surprise

and you'll find the wacky ball and wacky racket in the zip file over yonder in the wacky modeling thread for you to experiment and texture with
yes
Nicely done. I haven't loaded Carrara for years. But if I do, this looks like a good basic starting point to do a tennis ball.

Thanks for sharing.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
I haven't used Carrara in years. I wonder if I could figure out how to do it in Blender from your tutorial. Hmmmm . . . ~scratches head wondering~

probably, I reckon the basics would be somewhat similar and Blender probably has more tools to get where you want to go. :cool:

Nicely done. I haven't loaded Carrara for years. But if I do, this looks like a good basic starting point to do a tennis ball.

Thanks for sharing.

one can never have too many balls ... :D

Hornet3d

Wise
They are Sci-Fi artifacts 1 and 2 from Petipet over at Daz3D the one here is artifact 2. They are both designed to work with planet Edesa. I almost did not buy them as Poser is not listed in the list of compatible software but the 'What's Included Section' shows a CR2.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ahhhh, Petipet does nice work. I have quite a few of his things from back when I was a PC member.

Hornet3d

Wise
Ahhhh, Petipet does nice work. I have quite a few of his things from back when I was a PC member.

I love Petipet content sadly one of the few vendors left that produce quality Sci-Fi content for Poser which is why I buy everything within days of it being released.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Ok, I haven't shopped there in over a decade. Does Petipet still support Poser with his products?

Miss B

CV-BEE
I noticed the Artifacts 2 Hornet used states there are .CR2s, so yes, but the original Artifacts set only lists .DUF files, though at the bottom there's the line under Notes that states there's 1 Poser Core Installer, so not sure. Oh and Planet Edesa mentions .CR2 files as well, so I would assume he's still supporting Poser.