• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Stezza

Dances with Bees
:inverted:
yep, listening whilst modelling lol

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Due to a lapse of attention on Professor Snape's part, and a lapse of understanding (because she was never informed) on the part of Professor Burbage, the four children storm the labyrinth in a desperate attempt to protect the Philosopher's Stone.

It goes about as well as one might expect. Although in this iteration they manage to avoid injuries.
Also in this iteration, Quirrel had been drugged at dinnertime the night before, and the spirit possessing him does not have so secure a hold on him as before.

In the confrontation, the spirit abandons Quirrel to enter the Mirror of Erised in order to possess the Stone.
And the Professors' trap is sprung.

Harry regains consciousness to see Grand Master Nicholas Flamel who had observed the whole.
In 2011,
2011.jpg

And in 2020.
2020.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
In a corridor Far Far Away... Fun with PBR materials in Poser. I wanted to know what happens if I illuminate the scene with only imperial light panels, and it works! ^^

Modeled in 3DSMAX (16 polys) and rendered in Poser 12 with Superfly.

CorridorFarFarAway_FullHD.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
In a corridor Far Far Away... Fun with PBR materials in Poser. I wanted to know what happens if I illuminate the scene with only imperial light panels, and it works! ^^

Modeled in 3DSMAX (16 polys) and rendered in Poser 12 with Superfly.
This is really nice. Did you Model this Ken, and if so, are you planning on putting it in your store at some point???? Curious minds want to know. ;)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
This is really nice. Did you Model this Ken, and if so, are you planning on putting it in your store at some point???? Curious minds want to know. ;)

Thanks, Miss B! I have modeled it in 3DSMAX, pretty much an extruded box. The pretty part are the PBR materials that self-illuminate the model. You just add it to the scene, delete all lights and render. Chances are Disney/LucasArts would sue me if I sold this. ^^;

CorridorAnim.gif

Miss B

CV-BEE
Too bad, as I'd really like something like that. Then again, if I was in the mood, I could probably do something similar in Blender.

Did you happen to see an online tutorial you basically followed?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@Miss B It's just an extruded box. All details are in the textures (diffuse, bump and emissive), plugged into a Physical Surface root node, set to make things shiny.

@Hornet3d Thanks! It was inspired on 1977 Star Wars, with the iconic imperial light panels. They are the ones lighting the scene.

Hornet3d

Wise
@Miss B It's just an extruded box. All details are in the textures (diffuse, bump and emissive), plugged into a Physical Surface root node, set to make things shiny.

@Hornet3d Thanks! It was inspired on 1977 Star Wars, with the iconic imperial light panels. They are the ones lighting the scene.

I was going to say that perhaps that is where Space 1999 got it's inspiration but as it started in 1975 and finished in 1977 that can's be the case. perhaps my memory is playing tricks. Wherever the inspiration it looks great.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I was wondering if that's how you did it. I'm taking a class with lifetime access, and even though I've been "taking" the class for about 4 years, there are a lot of n00bs in the class who have come up with some of these great projects, and they do videos that take you through the "rooms", similar to the way you had yours set up, so I wondered if there was a specific tutorial on how to do the walls. Not the materials/shaders so much, but the cutouts for the lights and such. I may take a screenshot of yours, and try it out for myself. ;)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I was going to say that perhaps that is where Space 1999 got it's inspiration but as it started in 1975 and finished in 1977 that can's be the case. perhaps my memory is playing tricks. Wherever the inspiration it looks great.
I haven't watched Space 1999, so I can't tell. But I think the imperial light panels are a Star Wars design. The ones I used here are not like the ones from the movies, but the are in the same style.

I wondered if there was a specific tutorial on how to do the walls. Not the materials/shaders so much, but the cutouts for the lights and such.
The walls are just a simple box. There are no cutouts, it's just plain flat. All details come from the texture maps. It's simpler than it looks. :)

Hornet3d

Wise
I haven't watched Space 1999, so I can't tell. But I think the imperial light panels are a Star Wars design. The ones I used here are not like the ones from the movies, but the are in the same style.

The walls are just a simple box. There are no cutouts, it's just plain flat. All details come from the texture maps. It's simpler than it looks. :)

I am not surprised you did not watch it as it really was a UK TV series and while enjoyable was not the calibre of Star Wars by any means. I was really into as a twenty something and is certainly partly responsible for my life long love of sci-fi. It was nice to be remembered of it and also pleasing to hear that it is so simple to do, well once someone like you has had the idea that is.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I am not surprised you did not watch it as it really was a UK TV series and while enjoyable was not the calibre of Star Wars by any means. I was really into as a twenty something and is certainly partly responsible for my life long love of sci-fi. It was nice to be remembered of it and also pleasing to hear that it is so simple to do, well once someone like you has had the idea that is.

Ohh, so it was a British TV series! That explains it - we don't have access to many of those here in the Americas. ^^

Miss B

CV-BEE
I had to look up Space 1999 as I couldn't remember if I ever saw it. Some of the photos IMDB has look familiar, but I really don't recall whether I watched the whole series or not. I've always been into Sci-Fi TV series, my favorite being Babylon 5, which only lasted 5 seasons on network TV, and then another year on a cable network.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I remember Space 1999. It aired in the U.S. in the 70's. Even had a toy line. It did not achieve the sort of fame and cult like status of Star Trek or the later Battlestar Galactica. Though it also ran later at night as I recall as I often only saw part of the show being so very young at the time. If you have a Roku or access to the streaming service Tubi you can find and watch it.

Hornet3d

Wise
The other sci-fi running on UK TV around the same time was Blakes Seven, it had four thirteen episode series and ran from 1978 to 1981 so it sort of took over from Space 1999 for the UK sci-fi viewing public. While certainly not as accomplished as the competition in the US both were fairly enjoyable but never as popular as Doctor Who.