• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I like the render as well Hornet, especially the night lighting.

Hope your (and your computer's) health are 100% back to normal. :)

Hornet3d

Wise
Thanks for all the good wishes. My health is improving slowly and while the computer has the occasional blue screen it is usable. I am beginning to use Poser more but, I guess due to the computer problems, it is a little unstable and often aborts while running a render.

D

Deleted member 325

Thanks for all the good wishes. My health is improving slowly and while the computer has the occasional blue screen it is usable. I am beginning to use Poser more but, I guess due to the computer problems, it is a little unstable and often aborts while running a render.
I have been running into that a lot with some newer workstations I picked up. Are you running Windows 7? or newer? My older XP machines are fairly stable, but not 7.

Zaarin

Brilliant
If you're using Poser 11, I've had unprecedented stability issues with it--it crashes and freezes up far more frequently than any prior version of Poser has for me. :( I still love it, but it's pretty frustrating how many scenes I've lost because of it...

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
If you're using Poser 11, I've had unprecedented stability issues with it--it crashes and freezes up far more frequently than any prior version of Poser has for me. :( I still love it, but it's pretty frustrating how many scenes I've lost because of it...

Wow. I have had the absolute opposite results with Poser 11. So far, this is the ONLY version of Poser I've ever used that has actually BEEN stable - on any of my computers over the years...

Hornet3d

Wise

I have been running into that a lot with some newer workstations I picked up. Are you running Windows 7? or newer? My older XP machines are fairly stable, but not 7.

I am still using Poser Pro 2014 as I have dislike for the deactivation system and could not justify to myself the cost of a Poser 11 upgrade. Using Dawn as I do I did not have a desperate need for Pauline and I am not really into photo realistic renders so I had no burning need for Superfly. There were a few other reasons beside but it was a personal choice and I know others have purchased Poser 11 and are happy with it.

When it comes to Windows it is a similar story in that I have stuck with Windows 7 as I am not a lover of the forced update of Windows 10 and had no love for Windows 8. Come to think of it I am not a fond lover of forced anything and this is particularly true with a computer I am using to for fun. I want to be able to use it when I want to, to create what I want and in my way. Probably a generational thing as I am in the 'grump old man' stage which can get worse during spells of bad health.

The computer does still blue screen but it can happen twice on one day and then not happen at all for another week, making hard to track down. As I prefer to spend my time playing with Poser rather than try and find an intermittent fault I live with it. Poser has been normally stable to me but it has aborted a lot recently and I think it took about ten attempts to render my Sci-Fi taxi render. One time it failed after the in direct light pass, another half way through the render and at one point it rendered the buildings in strange multi colours with the figures rendered in a bright red. On each of the occasions the computer continued to work and restarting Poser seem to fix it although often, only to fail at a different point. Luckily I tend to start a render going and do something else so it is a frustration but fairly minor in comparison to other matters.

D

Deleted member 325

I am still using Poser Pro 2014 as I have dislike for the deactivation system and could not justify to myself the cost of a Poser 11 upgrade. Using Dawn as I do I did not have a desperate need for Pauline and I am not really into photo realistic renders so I had no burning need for Superfly. There were a few other reasons beside but it was a personal choice and I know others have purchased Poser 11 and are happy with it.
On the Good news side - they do have the license manager working and you can now request a permanent activation on a machine. I have not tried it yet, but it seems that it is available for GD licenses. I may try it later this summer on my new 64 bit workstation and see how it goes. I will keep the community posted. As some may remember, I dislike the periodic deactivation and phone homing too, and was very vocal about it.

The computer does still blue screen but it can happen twice on one day and then not happen at all for another week, making hard to track down. As I prefer to spend my time playing with Poser rather than try and find an intermittent fault I live with it. Poser has been normally stable to me but it has aborted a lot recently and I think it took about ten attempts to render my Sci-Fi taxi render. One time it failed after the in direct light pass, another half way through the render and at one point it rendered the buildings in strange multi colours with the figures rendered in a bright red. On each of the occasions the computer continued to work and restarting Poser seem to fix it although often, only to fail at a different point. Luckily I tend to start a render going and do something else so it is a frustration but fairly minor in comparison to other matters.
Well, from my past in fixing and tracking down such issues, this sounds a lot to me like bad memory or a bad cache. If it's bad memory, easy enough fix to swap out memory (and aside from mem-test also the way to test for it). Seems like whenever your system needs to access the blocks going bad it either crashes or produces unexpected results. If it's a bad cache, that's a whole other story. Much of the trouble I am having is due to insufficient RAM for what i am trying to do, and Windows 7 poor use of paged memory.

Zaarin

Brilliant
Wow. I have had the absolute opposite results with Poser 11. So far, this is the ONLY version of Poser I've ever used that has actually BEEN stable - on any of my computers over the years...
Lucky you! It's been growing more stable with service releases, but when P11Pro first released I couldn't save a scene with dynamic cloth in it without Poser crashing, and it still likes to crash after doing a simulation or too. It also seems to crash in scenes that have too many Superfly nodes. Hopefully these issues get ironed out over time...

Zaarin

Brilliant
I discovered Alizea's characters in the last sale and fell absolutely in love with them--such great attention to detail! If you still use V4, I recommend them. I did this quick portrait render (as you can see, it's just the construct and the default P11 lighting even) to see them in action, but I liked the results so I'm sharing. Rendered in Firefly, no postwork. The face morphs are all from Mélange: Pour Femme (Granuaile, Ha-Eun, and Kandake, from left to right); the clothing is the MFD and Moyra's Princess series with my own shaders.

Alizea.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhhhh lovely Zaarin. I always like the versatility of the MFD. :)

BTW, where did you get the characters? You mentioned a sale, but not what store.

Zaarin

Brilliant
Ohhhhh lovely Zaarin. I always like the versatility of the MFD. :)
Me, too! Such a shame so many of the textures for it are so dated, but Moyra's Princess line is lovely if you don't mind doing the Poser mats by hand. ;)

Hornet3d

Wise
On the Good news side - they do have the license manager working and you can now request a permanent activation on a machine. I have not tried it yet, but it seems that it is available for GD licenses. I may try it later this summer on my new 64 bit workstation and see how it goes. I will keep the community posted. As some may remember, I dislike the periodic deactivation and phone homing too, and was very vocal about it.

Well, from my past in fixing and tracking down such issues, this sounds a lot to me like bad memory or a bad cache. If it's bad memory, easy enough fix to swap out memory (and aside from mem-test also the way to test for it). Seems like whenever your system needs to access the blocks going bad it either crashes or produces unexpected results. If it's a bad cache, that's a whole other story. Much of the trouble I am having is due to insufficient RAM for what i am trying to do, and Windows 7 poor use of paged memory.

I would certainly be interested on how you fair with permanent activation on your new workstation.

Thanks for the guidance on locating my computer problem, I have tested the memory a couple of times and it always comes back clear so I know I need to go down the 'swap out, route. The only problem is it can go for weeks without a crash so, unless if fails, I will have to go some time to ensure the problem has gone. So far I have been unable to create a situation that ensures a crash, a Firefly render is fairly good at crashing but by no means the only time the system crashes.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
They did do updated MFD textures at Daz recently for the princess line...I don't know if they had Poser mats though...they included all of the princess range and there were three I hadn't seen before Princess of Spring, Princess of romance and Princess of Yule...also the revamped versions are slightly different...this one seems brighter but that could be just the render settings.
romance.jpg
spring.jpg
yule.jpg
india.jpg