• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
The drizzle turned to snow and Hermione was glad of the borrowed cloak. She had a trail of sorts now, first breadcrumbs leading away from the horrible cottage, and then small mementos of Severus Snape's life.

This trail eventually led her to another cottage in the woods. This one was occupied. The door was flanked by a pair of ancient rosebushes, bare for the winter, but one of them had a last blooming rose.

4-RoseCottage.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
The woman in the cottage is Eileen Prince. Severus Snape's mother.

When her tale is told she draws Hermione out into a nearby clearing, which holds another puzzle. When Hermione solves it, Eileen gives her the rose, and warns her the the Guardian knows that she is there.

5-Coffin.jpg

Shanarah

Admirable
I took a break from the Stay Home Spread Hope Challenge to finish something long overdo, for another render challenge. Submissions have to be in by Thursday, so it forced me to make some decisions about it and do a lot of postwork. I actually forgot how enjoyable postwork can be until I started working on this one! I also almost wrote a book for it! XD

The Distant Promise

Approaching the lowest cliff-face in Fornstrand, David untied his boots and left them in the sand. This place was special to him. He'd always come here to clear his mind and find peace. It was also where he'd met his first love, a peasant girl who could understand him and treated him no differently when he revealed that he was the Marquis. He'd lost her when a raid of monsters attacked Athlum. David had been powerless to stop the raid due to an agreement with Athlum's sovereign state, Celapaleis, which forbade the use of his Remnants without prior approval. By the time he'd been granted that permission, she had been slain, though the city-state of Athlum was saved.

David had avoided coming to Fornstrand for years. He always believed her spirit remained there, where they were happiest, and he wished to fulfill his promise of gaining Athlums freedom before returning to her. When that day finally came he returned, with Rush in tow, to celebrate his accomplishment with her and finally tell her what he didn't so long ago, that he'd loved her.

A lot had happened since that day.

The threat of the Conqueror had passed and with him went the Remnants that had been both a burden and a boon. However, in exchange David had lost someone else precious to him. Rush. It was Rush's self-sacrifice that had ultimately saved the world. David had little time to mourn following the war, as his duty as Marquis and Chairman of the Congress put him to work making sense of a world without Remnants.

At last he'd finally managed to sneak away. But in that moment of calm, as he sat there on the cliff-side contemplating dipping his feet into the cool water, all the memories of the past few months came rushing back to him. The storm of emotions in his heart reflected the perpetually ominous clouds of Fornstrand and he could no longer hold back the tears.

Riccardo

Adventurous
The CarraraVirus, unlike the coronaviruses it resembles, is innocuous and was artificially created in Carrara (this does not mean it was created in the Italian town; it means that it was created in the 3D graphics application that bears the same name).
Although the CarraraVirus only exists in the virtual world, it is nonetheless able to cause an odd pseudo-disease, called Carvid-85, in the real world.
Carvid-85 is harmless and does not pose health risks: the only symptom that can be found in infected people is a strong bias for the above-mentioned CGI program; most of these persons tell they appreciate the CarraraVirus' effect and have no intention to fight it.
CarraraVirus.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
She felt far more confident dressed in some half decent clothes but she was well aware she would probably be in deep trouble if caught. Despite this is did not stop her borrowing a horse as well and not just any horse, but, the masters favorite. All she needed to do was step from the sables into the morning light and put as much distance as possible between her and the hounds that would be set upon her once her disappearance was discovered.

The danger she was already in did not stop her planning her next move and for that she could well be burned at the stake.

Horse Napping HW.jpg

Shanarah

Admirable
JOdel, love your illustrated story! I think my favorite scene in Sev in the tower, but then again, he is my favorite. :) You cram so much detail in it's just awesome!

jvrenderer, excellent image! I love the lighting and the character!

Shanarah

Admirable
Here is my latest. It was a test for my laptop, and then a test for my new video card! :)

The Shining Trapezohedron

A ghoul has stumbled upon the sinister stone known to offer a glimpse into unknown realms and summon a shadowy beast to possess the victim.