• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Hornet3d

Wise
After the desolation and destruction of the cities Caomhe's spirits had lifted slightly as they moved further afield. Flying over lush green pastures had been too much of a draw to her and she landed in the biggest she could find and began to walk the field. For a moment she was a child again walking the fields of her home planet, her hand tightly gripped by that of her father's. As she stepped through the gate she was greeted by masses of roses, now growing back to the wild state thanks to the lack of care. Despite this there was still the merest hint of the scent of years before. For the first time in weeks she discovered she was still able to smile.

Field Walk HW.jpg

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Dandelions are pretty much my heroes of the plant world. ;)

Daz Studio, 3Delight
Extensive postwork in Photoshop for color toning, lighting, haze, fine tuning the DOF, frame, etc.

I'm inserting the thumbnail only, because the image is 2100 pixels wide. You can click to view the full render if you like.

----------------------

"Life Finds A Way"

Life Finds A Way.jpg

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
And one more for tonight. This was the result of me testing my computer with Iray. Blake, of course, volunteered to be the guinea pig.

His glasses are set up with Iray materials; same for the ponytail leather. The light and the portrait background (I think that's the HDRI??) are also Iray. Everything else was 3DL materials.

One of these days I'll test my AMD on a scene that's setup fully with Iray materials, and I'll see what she does with it. I just need to be able to set up materials and do test renders with it, honestly. I'll always use 3DL for my own artwork, though.(Unless I get a new computer.)

Anyway. Just Blake, playing guinea pig for me in Iray... and soon to be annoying me as I try to convert his skin over for it as well. I do notice that the blue of his good eye is a MUCH more vivid color in Iray than it is under 3DL. That was very unexpected, but.. I kinda like it.

Blake-Portrait-Iray.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I'm not recognizing it right off the top of my head. The greenery at the top of that wall is distracting me. But at a guess I'd say it's either a mash-up of Faveral, Merlin Studios, or both. I might be wrong, however.

Actually, speaking of medieval interiors; Summoner just released a rather splendid new set called Little Retreat. It's Poser, like all of his stuff. But Studio can use them with some tweaking (or not, I rarely bother with more than telling things to be matte instead of plastic). Some of the furniture looks like it could plop right down next to Faveral's stuff and not look too out of place. At least from the promos. No idea what it will look like in use.

Hornet3d

Wise
It is indeed a Merlin Studios Scene, this one is the merchant house or at least the Merchant house bundle. The main building is the merchant house and then the interior is fitted out with the merchant house props package. The bundle is not cheap but I think it is great value for money. The House gives you an exterior view and internals of a main and spare bedroom, a shop (as used here), a hallway and a cellar along with lights and a complete set of cameras. The props part then populates each of the rooms. The result is it has the potential for a number of scenes using just the two packages and I certainly going to be returning to it in the near future.

Outfit is of course Woodland by NGArtplay and I have just added a cape and reworked a necklace to work as clasp for the cape.

Here I have used the default shop with just a few changes. I have removed one of the walls to get this view point and the lights for the candles have been changed from constant to inverse square and the position moved slightly. I did not have to change any of the materials for it to work with Superfly and, coming from Merlin, the package works in Poser, DS and DS 4.10.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I thought it might be that package. A *lot* of stuff in that bundle. Merlin does excellent work.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhhh, I don't think I ever saw that one. Merlin does some great stuff. I've been twitching to do a render with the Teahouse set.

Hornet3d

Wise
Ohhhh, I don't think I ever saw that one. Merlin does some great stuff. I've been twitching to do a render with the Teahouse set.

I think Merlin's products are exceptional and I hope artists look past the purchase price before they make a buying decision. At first look the price of his content is about par for the course for the marketplace he is in but is not the cheapest, however, if you look deeper into the product it is great value for money. The merchant House is a case in point, five rooms, 17 cameras, lighting for the whole building and the building has and external view and detailed interior, not to mention DS and Poser support. The prop pack populates all of the rooms, bed and bed linen for the bedrooms, furniture and food for the shop and so on. It would be easy to spend more than the bundle price individual products and not get the same scene potential, or quality for that matter.

Hornet3d

Wise
The merchants House had been a very hospitable place, so much so that she when they offered board for the night she decided to treat herself. After all she had now idea how long her visit might last, or even what was about to happen. She had discovered from the proprietor situated at the end of street and although although it was early evening she intended to visit, not that she told the proprietor that. The message had been very clear 'meet in the armoury on the very first evening you make it to the city' but to meet who, and why?

Medieval Town HW.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh yes, now THAT looks like a Faveral product for sure. Definitely his style. Nicely done Hornet.

Hornet3d

Wise
Oh yes, now THAT looks like a Faveral product for sure. Definitely his style. Nicely done Hornet.

Predominantly, yes, and well spotted it is Faveral's medieval City for the main street. The house she is stepping out from is the outside to the Merchant's House from the earlier render. The house at the back in the centre is the armoury, also by Merlin, but more of that latter.

Hornet3d

Wise
She turned somewhat surprised as she sensed someone behind her, she was convinced there had been no one in the room when she had entered. Admittedly she had be content on the book, opened and illuminated by a number of candles was as though she had been meant to read it. Despite that she could not believed anyone could have entered the room without her being aware, but he had. Question now was, who was he and why was he here.

She did her best to control her emotions and appear not to be startled, his first words showed her she had not been successful.

"Relax, be at ease my child I wish you no harm."

Far from relaxing her it just raised the hairs on the back of her neck, she was no child and the term angered her. She was about to respond, but caught herself just in time, she did not know him or how he would react and, looking at his possible age was, in his eyes at least, a child.

Armoury HW.jpg

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
GENTLEMEN'S RELISH! I was watching the film of the same name starring Billy Connolly when suddenly and to my eternal shame, lost control of my manly proclivities, and by the time I came around I'd come up with this. OK! I admit it! I'm a terrible person but I must say she does look rather dashing in those white bloomers. What!

Gentlemen's Relish 75dpi.jpg

Thinks: COR! WHITE ONES! End of thinks!

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Thank you, Miss B. I think you've just set a new record there for the fastest like ever! I was still editing the text! Mind you, there's no way I'm going to tell you how many naughty Victorian postcards I studied to make sure I got it close to authentic. Purely for research purposes of course and in the best possible taste! :rolleyes:

The colouring is Albumen from PaintShop Pro which is correct for photographic processing of that period.