• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Hornet3d

Wise
Dead Pool HW.jpg

Taking a break from Sci-Fi

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
What set is that Hornet? It looks vaguely familiar, especially the steps up to the archway in the middle.

Hornet3d

Wise
What set is that Hornet? It looks vaguely familiar, especially the steps up to the archway in the middle.

The set is Dead Pool from Ant Farm. Ant Farm's stuff is always very different to the norm so, although I love the stuff, I need to step out of the normal rut/routine to use them.

Hornet3d

Wise
It was Caoimhe's idea to return here, she loved this place but Turlough also knew, for her, it was a two edged sword. It had once been very beautiful but with no one to take care of the upkeep, mother nature had begun to take back what she felt was rightfully her's. He looked over her from a distance, she hated him fussing over her and saw it as a sign he was questioning her ability in some way. Despite this he stayed close though trying to blend with the shadows allowing her to be alone with her thoughts. The state of the building saddened her but also gave her some peace, the destruction here was and slow gentle, and was a refuge from the savage destruction and desolation that was everywhere outside. The destruction was eating into her and he was coming more concerned about her by the day

Platea Fallen HW.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Summoner over at Freedom of Art had a Poser bunny freebie a week or so ago. That one wasn't particularly cuddly either.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
L'voyager. Just checking up on the muse to see if she was still breathing and came up with this. Unusual to come up with poem and image at the same time. Usually, it's one or the other! :)

The Voyager 72dpi.jpg

Dolores sails across the sea,

To find the one she wants to be.

But, on arrival at distant shore,

She’s still the one she was before.

It’s really most vexing,

She’s heard to say,

That having journeyed all this way,

I could have stayed there anyway.

And having spoken, turned around,

And went to see what could be found.

Voyaging off towards the west,

And…well, I think you know the rest!

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Thank you, Miss B! I seem to have been settling into some sort of comfort zone creatively of late so it's good to find the occasional spark of inspiration kicking in. I started the image which sprung out of the blue almost fully formed, broke off to write the poem (again out of nowhere), then went back and finished the details. I'm just happy that I can still surprise myself at times!

Hornet3d

Wise
L'voyager. Just checking up on the muse to see if she was still breathing and came up with this. Unusual to come up with poem and image at the same time. Usually, it's one or the other! :)

View attachment 45887

Dolores sails across the sea,

To find the one she wants to be.

But, on arrival at distant shore,

She’s still the one she was before.

It’s really most vexing,

She’s heard to say,

That having journeyed all this way,

I could have stayed there anyway.

And having spoken, turned around,

And went to see what could be found.

Voyaging off towards the west,

And…well, I think you know the rest!

I am not sure why but the render creates such a feeling of peace and serenity and that was before I read the poem. As always it is a stunning render, I am just surprised at the strong emotional feeling it generated in me.

The poem is great and generates a few memories for me. In the middle of my career I changed jobs from one based solely in the UK to one with a lot of international travel and it took a little while for the travel to become the norm. I remember walking around a foreign city one Saturday evening deep in thought and realising that, without knowing it, all my problems had come with me and that all the little things in the world that bothered me at home still bothered me no matter where I was. It seems common sense but it was surprising for me to realise, as your poem described, I was still the one I was before. I guess therefore I can relate to the words but it a lovely poem that is so thought provoking.

Hornet3d

Wise
Turlough did not agree with Caoimhe's assessment that they should recommend a GTT (ground Tech Team) look over the engine. He was sure that what they had stumbled on was a long forgotten rail yard which had now become an engine graveyard and he was sure this particular example was never likely to see any sort of life again.

Railyard HW.jpg

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
I am not sure why but the render creates such a feeling of peace and serenity and that was before I read the poem. As always it is a stunning render, I am just surprised at the strong emotional feeling it generated in me.

The poem is great and generates a few memories for me. In the middle of my career I changed jobs from one based solely in the UK to one with a lot of international travel and it took a little while for the travel to become the norm. I remember walking around a foreign city one Saturday evening deep in thought and realising that, without knowing it, all my problems had come with me and that all the little things in the world that bothered me at home still bothered me no matter where I was. It seems common sense but it was surprising for me to realise, as your poem described, I was still the one I was before. I guess therefore I can relate to the words but it a lovely poem that is so thought provoking.

Thank you, Hornet. Reflections on life and the phrase, “The more things change, the more they stay the same”. I find myself here, at the tail end of my life, sitting in front of a box of electronic wizardry of the sort which would have knocked Dan Dare right out of his socks with culture shock, and what am I doing? I’m creating images. Meanwhile, at the other end of my life, there is a little lad playing with Plasticine (the English version of Playdoh) and scribbling with his crayons on every piece of paper he could find, including the occasional patch of wallpaper! I’ve covered a lot of ground in between and made a good few (mostly unnecessary) detours but, much to my delight, that little lad is still here. It came to mind that far too many people are far too eager to become someone they are not, and without that sense of progression in life, never will be. They lose sight of who they could have been as a result, ending up embittered and dissatisfied with their lot. That’s a pity because all they ever need to do is look back, over their shoulder to where they came from. Anyway, that’s my interpretation which, like many of my images comes after the work itself, so other interpretations are equally valid. As for me, I’m just going to wink at that little lad and say, “glad you made it kid, now let’s see what else we can get up to!”

Hornet3d

Wise
Thank you, Hornet. Reflections on life and the phrase, “The more things change, the more they stay the same”. I find myself here, at the tail end of my life, sitting in front of a box of electronic wizardry of the sort which would have knocked Dan Dare right out of his socks with culture shock, and what am I doing? I’m creating images. Meanwhile, at the other end of my life, there is a little lad playing with Plasticine (the English version of Playdoh) and scribbling with his crayons on every piece of paper he could find, including the occasional patch of wallpaper! I’ve covered a lot of ground in between and made a good few (mostly unnecessary) detours but, much to my delight, that little lad is still here. It came to mind that far too many people are far too eager to become someone they are not, and without that sense of progression in life, never will be. They lose sight of who they could have been as a result, ending up embittered and dissatisfied with their lot. That’s a pity because all they ever need to do is look back, over their shoulder to where they came from. Anyway, that’s my interpretation which, like many of my images comes after the work itself, so other interpretations are equally valid. As for me, I’m just going to wink at that little lad and say, “glad you made it kid, now let’s see what else we can get up to!”

A great outlook on life that is rare in these days of so many non celebrities endlessly trying to be something they are not in the search of fame. As for me I am someone who has lived life not really caring much of what people thought of me and trying to have fun. My wife recons I never made it past the mental age of ten but my toys have got bigger and more expensive. Like you I am at the tail end of my life and I am constantly amazed at the power in the box next to me and I try to use it to portray the pictures in my mind. I look back over my life and regard myself as being very lucky in that I almost always had a job which I enjoyed (I did have some brief periods of unemployment, most for a few weeks and once to six months, having been made redundant four times). My roles were always very different from each other but I never hated going to work. I am now retired along with a wife who is my sole mate and with a pension that is enough to leave us both fairly comfortable. I never had, or looked for fame, but I always aimed to help as many as I could and hurt as few people as I possible along the way. I believe I was fairly successful in that aim. While being quite shy at times I think I have been what my mother would describe as being comfortable in my own skin.

I too played with Plasticine and crayons using those lovely blank canvases that all rooms seemed to have four of. When I was a little older Plasticine was replaced with Meccano but again I was trying to create the objects that were in my mind.