• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Hornet3d

Wise
I really like this one it is so spooky and eerie!

Thank you, the scene used is Disconsolation by Jack Tomalin which is just so spooky right out of the box. Unfortunately the promo light set only works in DS so I had to add the lighting and the glow along with the fog but I am pleased I manage to create the eerie atmosphere.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Geeze Hornet, you've reminded me I haven't used that set in ages. Nicely done, especially on the foggy atmosphere.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I have absolutely no idea what to call this one, so at the moment, it's untitled. But it's been making me crazy for the last couple of days, and I had to stop working on my items in order to shut the muse up. LOL

G3F, Pascale Hair, the Boho skirt (converted to Optitex and simmed).
Genesis 1, a freebie romper, Bolina hair.
3delight render, some postwork in Photoshop.

Carried.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
Geeze Hornet, you've reminded me I haven't used that set in ages. Nicely done, especially on the foggy atmosphere.

Thanks, most of the fog was added using Fog Tool Deluxe III by nerd 3D and a little post work. I guess there are other ways to add fog this just seemed to work for me without adding too much to the render time.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
A double page spread is a nice idea, but you might need to be careful that your focus character doesn't fall into the gutter in the middle (assuming you add the gutter for verisimilitude). A bit of offset to one side or another avoids that.

Hornet3d

Wise
A double page spread is a nice idea, but you might need to be careful that your focus character doesn't fall into the gutter in the middle (assuming you add the gutter for verisimilitude). A bit of offset to one side or another avoids that.

Thank you for the reminder, I tend to forget when I am building a render and the last one looks pretty close on a second look. While the book itself is a fold flat version there is, as you suggest a gutter albeit fairly narrow, and it does need to be avoided.

Hornet3d

Wise
A couple of months ago Vue reappeared after it seemed to have been swallowed by a black hole for the last few years. It has launched with three new offerings and the lowest level, the creator pack, includes plant factory so it looks quite powerful. It is only on a subscription base which could be a problem for some. I have a free month or so as I paid some subscriptions towards an upgrade that never appeared. Up until now I have been too busy to check it out but here is a test render I used using an old scene and Dawn added. It looks a little smoother to use and seems to import and handle poser materials without issue, so far at least. It is hard to compare the render engine as I have changed systems since I last used Vue but it seems slower that Octane but faster than Superfly on what I have. Early days yet but it does show some promise and certainly needs a lot more playing with.

Walk on ice planet HW.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
His timing was quite by accident but that did not stop Turlough feeling very guilty in being in the position he was. He was new to life on the station and had no idea what the station etiquette was but he wanted to be out of there before Caoimhe came out of the shower and without her knowing he had been there.

Close Shave HW 2.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
Nicely done Hornet. Which set is that?

Thanks. It is 14 MU Link Chamber by Predatron which was on sale a few days ago. In this case some of the lights have had the colour changed and a glow added. For this render there were four occurrences of the chamber to give the depth.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
AHHHHH, OK. I was wondering if it was one of Stonemason's, but I know pretty much all of his products, even those I haven't bought because his newer products are DS only.

Hornet3d

Wise
AHHHHH, OK. I was wondering if it was one of Stonemason's, but I know pretty much all of his products, even those I haven't bought because his newer products are DS only.

It is the same with Predatron in that his newer products appear are DS only. I have found you have to shop with care and this was a case in point in that there was a 14 MU bundle listed under Poser but one of the three products, the newer version of Link Chamber, is DS only but this is not a completely uncommon occurrence. I often pay full price for a new Poser product but always wait for a sale for something I regard as a 'back catalogue' item. I also make sure there that the content has a CR2 and not purely DUF with Poser only available via DSON. Mind you I am not complaining, I happily accept I have to go careful when buying such content and these are my own personal choices on how I shop for such items.