• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Breaker, breaker, Stezza. A big 10-4 on that image! Double side-band, nice rig. You're comin' in wall to wall and tree top tall there, good buddy. I gotta go 10-7 and head over to the work 20. Catchya on the flip side.

Ah... CB radio - the original chat room - complete with its own codes, language and friends. And, yes, per Federal Communication Commission rules, our rigs (Dad's and mine) were illegal in antenna height; transmission and modulation output; as were most of our friends. I recall the '68 FCC raid on CBers in the Charlotte, NC area. We must have been THE hot bed of illegality on the Citizen's Band to warrant such action. Real fun part was that all the citations were thrown out when a couple of us challenged them in Federal court.

Well done, Stezza! Thanks.

QRA QRZ the breaker..................................
cheers
didn't think we'd have any old timers CB users here at the hive..

good to see I'm not a mud duck , I'm pedalling pretty hard, thanks for the QSO and watch out for those Kojaks with a Kodak
73's

time for a 10-100 :)

Saphirewild

Brilliant
Here is one I did with Rawart's Morphs for Daz Horse 2
Called him: Gothic Unicorn

robert952

Brilliant
QRA QRZ the breaker..................................
cheers
didn't think we'd have any old timers CB users here at the hive..

good to see I'm not a mud duck , I'm pedalling pretty hard, thanks for the QSO and watch out for those Kojaks with a Kodak
73's

time for a 10-100 :)

LOL I am assuming Kojak with a Kodak (catchy alliteration - detective from old TV show with speed detection radar?) is equivalent to our "Smokey with a camera" or "a Smokey taking pictures" (State police - or police in general - with a radar) . Phrase warned long haul truck drivers to watch their speed, police nearby.

For those outside the US, each state's highway patrol (aka State Trooper) uniforms include a hat similar to Smokey the Bear. Also, a similar hat for Royal Canadian Mounted Police. Smokey Bear - Wikipedia.

If there's no police around, truck drivers could 'put the pedal to the metal' (push the accelerator all the way to the floor board). Well, so could all of us with a CB radio listening in. ;)

So, Stezza, keep the shiny side up and the rubber side down, good buddy. 3's and 8's to you and yours. We're gone.

(Translation: Keep your tractor/trailer rig right side up; don't have a wreck. Good luck and best wishes to you and your family. Signing off.)

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Nice job. Would need the criteria instructor established for the assignment to see if you complied. But otherwise it looks real good!
Love the dog. Is that poserized?
Would love to get a Poser version of that and a companion horse! "hint" :)

Last edited:

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
The tack is coming along.
It was fun making conforming tack, but that was a flawed concept.
Tack isn't conforming, more like restricting.
So a whole new approach was needed.
Maybe it's become a little too complicated, but adding some scripts to set things up will make it easier to use.
As you can see the bridle is a hackamore.
Just don't like the idea of a bit. Never did.
Anyway, Harry is a very intelligent horse and doesn't need such crude forms of communication.
The doubletree is part of the carravan now.
The singletrees are rigged and the collar/traces are rigged.
But the collar ornament and the hackamore are props.
Now the reins. They will be rigged, but very simply and use the 'Point At' function to make things easy to adjust.
The traces also use 'Point At', so a script will be very helpful to sort it all out.
View attachment 33256 View attachment 33257
Nice looking rig. But having photographed carriage competitions a few fixes I think are needed to add credibility to it.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
this wacky model I did in Carrara was of my first illegal CB Radio back in the 70's

when I was a teenager.. yep.. we were real Bandits back then as CB Radio was illegal in Oz.... but boy we had fun dodging the RIs and setting up stations in the bush so we could talk to the world... I also added a model of one of my QSL cards

This model is very much like my Super Panther sideband radio with illegal channels modded into it ontop of the rig being illegal as well...

Why were CB's illegal?
Were you living behind the Iron Curtain!?

Hornet3d

Wise
Well with a break from landscaping the garden, due to a temporary lack of materials and a change in the weather, my wrist has improved enough for me to at least open Poser and have a play.

Here Caoimhe is investigating the damage of an installation after a massive flash flood hit a few weeks ago.

Underwater HW.jpg

The strange format is due to the fact I am now gathering together my renders from the last year to create another year book and this is a possible double page spread for the A4 fold flat book I have in mind.

robert952

Brilliant
Why were CB's illegal?
Were you living behind the Iron Curtain!?

Ah... an interesting question. Short answer, we bent the rules we were supposed to follow as radio broadcasters.
CB radios themselves were not illegal. And (most of us) had a license to operate issued by the FCC (or in other countries a similar organization).

Many CBers tinkered with their rigs. The legal limit was 5 watts of output. We routinely broke that. (I put 20 watts from my car and 80 watts from home.) Antenna height was limited to 20 ft above the structure and you could not have a structure for the sole purpose of mounting your CB antenna. (Dad and I put up a 60 foot tower up against the house.) We weren't suppose to tell the location of police monitoring traffic (interfering with normal police operations - that was technically illegal and an arrest-able offense.)

So that the FCC (the ruling body in the US - other countries have similar) could not easily identify our stations, we did not broadcast our assigned call signs - again breaking the rules. We used 'handles' (today the equivalent would be screen names - unique identifiers that hides true identity.

The FCC could issue citations and fines for breaking the rules. So, illegal is really a stretch. We would not go to jail as the FCC does not have arrest authority. They couldn't confiscate our gear, either. But they could legally shut our station down and take away our licenses and fine us for breaking the rules. And issue more citations and fines if we continued broadcasting.

So, in reality, it was a more a tacit thrill that were weren't following the rules that breaking a law.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
CB was illegal in Australia till about 1978.. home bases would be raided with gear confiscated, vehicles would be searched, fines given etc..

Truckies and avid CBers of the time lobbied the government for change.. this was done and licensing was issued for each legal set you owned at $25 each!

An 18 channel CB was authorised as the only CB that could be licensed.. of course this didn’t work lol

I still remember my original licensed callsign NBD490 .. we still operated illegally when it was legal and still had to evade those pesky Radio Inspectors..
:eek: :devil" :laugh:

Stezza

Dances with Bees
what wacky model have I been doing the last couple of days in Carrara ...

well, I liked doing the London Cab ( which isn't finished yet ) from a cube so much I decided to do another car..

here are the progress stages so far... interesting that you can see the changes I make as I go... all this started from a cube. SOme other parts for expediency was taken from my FJ Ute.. Like why do the wheel and steering wheel again... I know it's wacky!

This is the stage I'm up to at the moment... I think I'll try and model the seats better ... and have to add the pedals ( brake, clutch etc.. ) and maybe some undercar detail.. with engine pipes and stuff...

would you believe this wacky stuff all started from a cube...

Hornet3d

Wise
One of the problems of travel, including time travel, is that many of your worries and concerns go with you but the places where you find comfort and solitude do not. On her home planet, in her own time, Caoimhe would often visit the massive planetarium if she needed to think. In the vastness of the place and amongst so many galaxies she could become lost and try and think clearly, it was as if the vastness of space her own problems diminished.

In this world and time she had tried something Turlough had mentioned, that he found the solitude of a seaside location out of season a great place to think. He had not been wrong and tonight in particular she found herself not lost in the vastness but isolated from the world outside the immediate domain of the fog. The irony was it was Turlough who was the cause of her need to examine her thoughts and feelings so closely.

Isolation HW.jpg

Stezza

Dances with Bees
86 - Would you believe 99
it took eight high end computers 12 3D graphic artists
all running Maya software to model and render this image?

99 - I find that very hard to believe Max

86 - How about three i9's and 4 programmers using Daz3d

99 - I don't think so

86 - what about a single i7 with a 640GTX graphics card with a hobby user using Carrara ......

99 - oh Max........

Saphirewild

Brilliant
Saphirewild, I'd love to see that with LAMH it would look sooo fuzzy :p
I am going to do that as soon as I figure out how to install it into my daz studio I just got the full program and it said to uninstall the player and I did then it is saying now that nothing got loaded into daz studio, I have a ticket in already with Daz Store!

Saphirewild

Brilliant
One of the problems of travel, including time travel, is that many of your worries and concerns go with you but the places where you find comfort and solitude do not. On her home planet, in her own time, Caoimhe would often visit the massive planetarium if she needed to think. In the vastness of the place and amongst so many galaxies she could become lost and try and think clearly, it was as if the vastness of space her own problems diminished.

In this world and time she had tried something Turlough had mentioned, that he found the solitude of a seaside location out of season a great place to think. He had not been wrong and tonight in particular she found herself not lost in the vastness but isolated from the world outside the immediate domain of the fog. The irony was it was Turlough who was the cause of her need to examine her thoughts and feelings so closely.

View attachment 45224
I really like this one it is so spooky and eerie!