• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Now that's certainly different. I know she has a white-out skin texture, but did you create that face too, or is that just a mask?

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Monkee.png

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Now that's certainly different. I know she has a white-out skin texture, but did you create that face too, or is that just a mask?
Believe it or not, I modeled that whole suit. It's not a second skin texture. Take a look at her hands... no gloves yet.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I am working on another render where I made the mask invisible. I also explained who she was in the SM thread...

Rokket

Dances with Bees
spider gwen WIP2.png
See? It's not a second skin... I added a mat zone to the cowl so I could make it invisible. I didn't add the hood on this render for clarity. I do have a lot of work to do on the UV mapping so I can get the front and back aligned. And I still have to decide how I am going to do the gloves. On the comic version, they are just like Spider-man's suit, which is pretty much all one piece up to the neck. I want to go a different route, but we will see. I don't think I want to remodel the whole suit...

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I didn't necessarily think it was a second skin. I was just wondering about the mask, or whether you had modeled that alien face. She's looking good. :)

Rokket

Dances with Bees
mask wireframe.png

This is the wire frame view of the suit. I am kicking myself that I didn't model the gloves into the suit like I did the boots and cowl. I may go back and redo the suit. And UV it while it's still low poly.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
THE KISS(...OR NOT!)
Every fairytale princess needs a prince charming, right? Sometimes though, getting the result you want might require a small leap of faith!

The Kiss (...or not!) 75 ppi.jpg

We all have our own reasons for choosing the characters we like, but this is the first time I've bought a character based on an expression. This is Muerelle for LaFemme. Ain't she a sweety?

Rokket

Dances with Bees
spider gwen 2 point oh.jpg

So, apparently my approach was wrong. I have been modeling the whole suit, cowl, boots and gloves as a single unit. I would then make the hood and parent it to the suit. But I just watched a YouTube video of a girl doing a cosplay fitting of the suit.
The suit she was wearing was all one piece minus the cowl/mask. So I am going to take this back to the drawing board one last time and do it that way. I'll make the cowl a separate piece. Then the hood should work just fine. Maybe. I have to model both the inside and outside of it. There is a webbing pattern inside and it's pure (sic) white on the outside.

Edit: The shiny latex look of the upper white part of the suit was accomplished using the old edge blend node, white inside and dark gray outside. Modulation is set to 3 or 4, I can't remember off the top of my head.
The specular was set to .05
I just think it's cool what you can accomplish without a lot of mucking about in the materials room.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
this wacky model I did in Carrara was of my first illegal CB Radio back in the 70's

when I was a teenager.. yep.. we were real Bandits back then as CB Radio was illegal in Oz.... but boy we had fun dodging the RIs and setting up stations in the bush so we could talk to the world... I also added a model of one of my QSL cards

This model is very much like my Super Panther sideband radio with illegal channels modded into it ontop of the rig being illegal as well...

robert952

Brilliant
Breaker, breaker, Stezza. A big 10-4 on that image! Double side-band, nice rig. You're comin' in wall to wall and tree top tall there, good buddy. I gotta go 10-7 and head over to the work 20. Catchya on the flip side.

Ah... CB radio - the original chat room - complete with its own codes, language and friends. And, yes, per Federal Communication Commission rules, our rigs (Dad's and mine) were illegal in antenna height; transmission and modulation output; as were most of our friends. I recall the '68 FCC raid on CBers in the Charlotte, NC area. We must have been THE hot bed of illegality on the Citizen's Band to warrant such action. Real fun part was that all the citations were thrown out when a couple of us challenged them in Federal court.

Well done, Stezza! Thanks.