• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I am really proud of this one. I found out I can use the morph brush on her hair and get it under the helmet that way. No more bald super heroines for me!

I shouldn't have reread my post. Now I want to tackle Bat Girl again....

Hornet3d

Wise
So after a little more playing around I now have a setup that appears to be a good compromise when rendered in Firefly or Superfly.

SS and FF comp 2.jpg

All I have to do now is get a similar result with my own character.

Hornet3d

Wise
Well I think this shows how inspiring places like this can be when people help rather than start flame wars. Having purchased Poser 11 a few weeks ago I was reaching the point where I was really giving up on the upgrade, Superfly renders took and age, and the results for me were poor, and then I started having a problem with the library. Reaching out to Hivewire community in different threads here many came up with suggestions and ideas to improve matters and I soon a reached the point I was a lot happier. I can now use scripts for the library that I thought were lost to me in Poser 11, I learnt how to make the Poser library a little more stable and shorten SF render times to something more acceptable. Having seen what Glitterati3D could achieve with Adrianne using Superfly and my new found ease in using Poser 11 I decided to have another go with my Character and this is the result.

Caoimhe SF base HW.jpg

It may not be perfect, I need to dial back the skin tones a fraction for one, but I know now my character can work with the SF engine, something that seemed unlikely only a few days ago. Not only that but I have had a great deal of fun and learnt a great so much, which as to be better than spending time fighting phoney flame wars.

Render time was around 2 hours but then there are five lights in the scene and the size was 2000 x 1384 pixels which is a compromise I am very happy with.

Thank you so much for all of you, particularly those that helped me reach this point I really cannot express how grateful I am.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Well I think this shows how inspiring places like this can be when people help rather than start flame wars. Having purchased Poser 11 a few weeks ago I was reaching the point where I was really giving up on the upgrade, Superfly renders took and age, and the results for me were poor, and then I started having a problem with the library. Reaching out to Hivewire community in different threads here many came up with suggestions and ideas to improve matters and I soon a reached the point I was a lot happier. I can now use scripts for the library that I thought were lost to me in Poser 11, I learnt how to make the Poser library a little more stable and shorten SF render times to something more acceptable. Having seen what Glitterati3D could achieve with Adrianne using Superfly and my new found ease in using Poser 11 I decided to have another go with my Character and this is the result.

View attachment 33821

It may not be perfect, I need to dial back the skin tones a fraction for one, but I know now my character can work with the SF engine, something that seemed unlikely only a few days ago. Not only that but I have had a great deal of fun and learnt a great so much, which as to be better than spending time fighting phoney flame wars.

Render time was around 2 hours but then there are five lights in the scene and the size was 2000 x 1384 pixels which is a compromise I am very happy with.

Thank you so much for all of you, particularly those that helped me reach this point I really cannot express how grateful I am.

She looks lovely, Hornet!

And, you make a wonderful point about helping and how much more effective it is bringing someone along with the software we have so much fun with.

quietrob

Extraordinary

View attachment 33821

I don't know your render settings but 2 hours considering hair is actually pretty good.

Hornet3d

Wise
I don't know your render settings but 2 hours considering hair is actually pretty good.

Yes I am more then happy with it as most of my Firefly renders were in the same ballpark and you have to keep in mind I am running this in CPU mode as my GPU is not supported which, like the rest of my system, is getting a little long in the tooth. Depends on the hair of course, the one I used on Adrianne takes longer but I like the results and the different is not great. The biggest factor though is the advice I got from Kobaltween here in another thread and that was to untick Branch Path Tracing which is selected by default. From the few tests I have done you can multiply the time by at least a factor of five without decreasing the noise to any major degree if you leave BPT selected. By removing the BPT and running the render with progressive refinement you can increase the samples and just abort the render at the point you are happy, I used to do much the same with Luxrender. In this case the samples were set at 35, and the rest of the settings were default and the render was left to run the full course. I could of course set the samples even higher but I think it is then a case of diminishing returns in quality for the extra time. This is a nice balance for me with a quality I find acceptable for a period of time I am prepared to wait but I also have the option of running longer for a special render.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Green Arrow. That upstart never really bought into Big Blue's agenda!
You know in DC's Legends of tomorrow, they do an Arrow cross over where Ollie is much older and missing an arm...? Stephen Amell was actually sporting a goatee for that role. We both know what happened to that arm.

quietrob

Extraordinary
I secretly wanted Green Lantern so I said Green Arrow. Works every time! :D

I do believe from my research that Superman is responsible for having ripper his arm off. Yowch! Try to get payback on something like that.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Well, that didn't take you too long Rokket. ;)

This is a body suit that I made for Pauline when I first got Poser Pro 11. I had no real use for it until now. I added the material zones and UV mapped it.

I secretly wanted Green Lantern so I said Green Arrow. Works every time! :D

I do believe from my research that Superman is responsible for having ripper his arm off. Yowch! Try to get payback on something like that.
Yes! In Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns, a one-armed Ollie shot the Man of Steel with a Kryptonite arrow made by Batman... it was payback for ripping off the arm. Superman was working for Uncle Sugar and was helping to round up the superheroes who were holding out on the registration act. He tore off Ollie's arm because it was the only way he could see to stop him from being Green Arrow.

Last edited: