• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Another using IBL Master.... still can't believe this isn't iRAY... this is my Bruna character I'm still working on. Portia hair. Using the default HDR that comes with DAZ Studio as it's blurred and yea, this is 3DL with no tweaks.

Bruna-PortiaHair-IBLMaster-3DL.jpg

quietrob

Extraordinary
Without. Aquaman is more about that Orange and Green and the trident and a whole lotta attitude. In the movies, he's shirtless. In Comics, it varies. I just saw a movie called 'The Flashpoint Paradox' and he was in Full golden and Green.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Another using IBL Master.... still can't believe this isn't iRAY... this is my Bruna character I'm still working on. Portia hair. Using the default HDR that comes with DAZ Studio as it's blurred and yea, this is 3DL with no tweaks.

View attachment 33715
Portia was always a find choice for hair. I've never rendered this way before. I especially like that skin texture. Freckles always means trouble!

I can't speak to DAZ rendering standards so I'll just agree that it's a cute render.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Without. Aquaman is more about that Orange and Green and the trident and a whole lotta attitude. In the movies, he's shirtless. In Comics, it varies. I just saw a movie called 'The Flashpoint Paradox' and he was in Full golden and Green.
I have the Flashpoint paradox!

I think I will do both. I'll have the armor as an add on for those pesky battles one has to enter every now and again...

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I wish there was a way to delete a post after it had been up for too long. I should have waited and posted this one instead:
The Hawkman.jpg

Click on it. I should have let it cook a little longer, because I didn't see that it hadn't finished completely rendering. But I still like it.

quietrob

Extraordinary
The difficulty with boots on some characters is that it take away from their svelte bodies. Some like Aquaman just doesn't need nor have use for much armor. As you know, Hawkman has a totally different backstory including a society where such weapon and armor are the norm. Hawkman wears these well though it sounds like you're not happy with the way they look. I'm not certain whether he wore armored boots at all.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
In certain story lines he did. Especially the New 52. The rewrote his back story for those issues, and the second image is how he was drawn.

hawkman.jpg

hawkman2.png

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Hawkgirl.jpg

Shayera joins the party. And she looks upset.

I am really proud of this one. I found out I can use the morph brush on her hair and get it under the helmet that way. No more bald super heroines for me!

Hornet3d

Wise
I was going to try and create an additional character to Caoimhe for 2018 but then Glitterati's Exotic Adrianne for Dawn hit the marketplace and fell into my lap. This is my first attempt at creating the character using Adrianne as a base with just a subtle tweak on a few additional morph dials. The materials are the full body default straight from the box as it were. I have done both a Firefly and Superfly render using my stock lighting setup and, as with my own character I was expecting to prefer the Firefly but I think I like the Superfly better it is certainly better than my attempt at Superfly with my existing character. On the other hand it is a close thing and a change of light might push me towards the firefly. The only thing I think I am going to change is the reflection in the eyes, which is a problem I have with Superfly in general as it appears to overdo the highlights. For a vast number of artist this would not be a problem but as I do a lot of close up head and shoulder type renders it is important to me and it is a very easy tweek.

Bear in mind this is my first attempt and that I am a very new user to Poser 11 and Superfly. I certainly need to change my light setup if I am going to continue with Superfly. What should be very clear though is just how good this character is even in the hands of someone with limited skills. This has saved me weeks if not months of work as all I need now is some fine tuning to met my personal needs and Caoimhe and Adrianne can meet up for the first time.

Adri HW.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
Just had a quirky thought, as these are identical renders accept the engine I wondered what the result would be if the two were blended.

View attachment 33775
Oh, she looks great, Hornet! I like the Superfly version best, though. Both are lovely!

Thanks. Yes I was really pleased with the Superfly the Firefly is a little overdone with the skin tones and the eyes look sort of dead but that is down to my lighting. My only concern with the Superfly is reflection in the eyes, for me the highlights are too large and too powerful but I had the same problem when I tried converting the firefly renders for my character, only in my case they were so bad that the eyes looked goulish. I am very well aware though that I have a slight fixation with eyes and I am very particular with how they render.

I am now trying to play in both Firefly and Superfly. I think the Superfly will be easy as it is already so close to what I want the problem is I am nowhere near this point with Caoimhe as far as Superfly is concerned so in scenes where I sue both characters it would have to be firefly, at least for the time being.

Of course the other distraction is me trying to get Poser 11 to a point I like but thanks to phdubrov in another thread informing me that the shaderworks manager does work in Poser 11 I think I am well on the way to getting that problem sorted.