• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I suppose that's true, as I'm sure anyone who wants to take in the whole painting at once, would have to step back in order to get it all within their field of vision.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Caoimhe heard the distant roar and suspected immediately if meant trouble, for her at least. Her spirits lifted however, the moment she stepped for her bunker. For quite a while she stared in disbelief but the silhouette was unmistakable, the incoming craft was an Eagle. She ran towards the landing site as if the hounds of hell were in her wake she needed so much, a change of clothes, a shower and most of all a hug. Her feet seemed to be running faster than the rest of her body then she slowed, stopped and hesitated, she recognised the pilot, it was Turlough. Her run began again, faster and more energetic than before, she literally threw herself at him, and lucky for her he caught her mid flight, briefly it looked as though they would both end up in a bundle on the floor. Their eyes met for what seemed an eternity and Caoimhe knew isolation had changed her, it had given her time to think. Her list of needs shrivelled into one single massive need, and she was looking straight into his eyes of that need.

View attachment 31041
Best story line yet. Please see your PM for critique!

Looks like it's coming along nicely, though I wouldn't necessarily have her standing so far away. I get the impression she has to really reach for the canvas, but then I've never painted on canvas, so not sure what the usual stance is.
Doesn't even have any 'panache' yet either does it?
We're just testing, but if Lynn unbends here forearm, and moves her upper arm forward a bit, the tip of the brush touches the canvas.
Kind of a perspective thing, but that render uses the Main camera with a 50mm focal length so it's not too weird.

Lynn uses only low toxicity, lead free, Studio Martillo Fine Acrylics.
Lynn w Paint Tabouret.jpg

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I am done messing with this one for awhile. I feel the need to move on. I am on my new laptop, and I am still trying to figure out how to get things done in Windows 10. Wings reacts so much differently than it did in Windows 7. I am pretty mad about that. It scrolls and pans way too fast, among a host of other issues.

I have to tether my phone to my laptop. Mom doesn't have tv or internet or anything here at her house. She only reads the news on her smart phone, which we had to pester her to buy. Facebook messenger and all...

SuperGirl.jpg

Click this one to enlarge it so you can see the texture details. I am still having issues with the suit, but I have to figure out how to configure WIngs 3D to work better with Windows 10. They are up to verison 2.-something. I may download that and see what happens.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
But one thing I will say about the new laptop: renders are fast! I have 8 cores to mess with and can do GPU renders too. I am happy about that.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I am on my new laptop, and I am still trying to figure out how to get things done in Windows 10. Wings reacts so much differently than it did in Windows 7. I am pretty mad about that. It scrolls and pans way too fast, among a host of other issues.
Wow, and I had problems with Wings back with Windows98 SE, or was it Windows XP. I don't remember how long ago I played with it, but I always thought my problems were because I used a Wacom Pen & Tablet, rather than a mouse.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Wow, and I had problems with Wings back with Windows98 SE, or was it Windows XP. I don't remember how long ago I played with it, but I always thought my problems were because I used a Wacom Pen & Tablet, rather than a mouse.
I never had problems until I get to WIN8. XP, 7, all worked just like it was supposed to. I still haven't tried the latest and greatest version, so I don't know if it will work or not...

quietrob

Extraordinary
I am done messing with this one for awhile. I feel the need to move on. I am on my new laptop, and I am still trying to figure out how to get things done in Windows 10. Wings reacts so much differently than it did in Windows 7. I am pretty mad about that. It scrolls and pans way too fast, among a host of other issues.

I have to tether my phone to my laptop. Mom doesn't have tv or internet or anything here at her house. She only reads the news on her smart phone, which we had to pester her to buy. Facebook messenger and all...

View attachment 31069
Click this one to enlarge it so you can see the texture details. I am still having issues with the suit, but I have to figure out how to configure WIngs 3D to work better with Windows 10. They are up to verison 2.-something. I may download that and see what happens.
My favorite part is those boots! Those look like Superhero boots rather than anything else. It has a true comic book feel. I know you're done so I won't ask about anything and just say, Nice Job!
P.S. A zipper! So that's how they get into their super longjohns!

Hornet3d

Wise
Caoimhe heard the distant roar and suspected immediately it meant trouble, for her at least, Her spirits lifted however, the moment she stepped for her bunker. For quite a while she stared in disbelief but the silhouette was unmistakable, the incoming craft was an Eagle. Grabbing what little she had left of any value from the bunker she jumped into her battered crate and raced full pelt in the direction of the craft. They arrived at the landing site almost together and grabbing some of her possessions she ran towards the craft as if the hounds of hell were in her wake she needed so much, a change of clothes, a shower and most of all a hug. Her feet seemed to be running faster than the rest of her body then she slowed, stopped and hesitated, she recognised the pilot, it was Turlough. Suddenly her need to be close was more intense and, dropping anything that could slow her down the run began again, faster and more energetic than before, she literally threw herself at him, and lucky for her he caught her mid flight, briefly it looked as though they would both end up in a bundle on the floor. Their eyes met for what seemed an eternity and Caoimhe knew isolation had changed her, it had given her time to think. Her list of needs shrivelled into one single massive need, and she was looking straight into his eyes of what, and who, needed most.

Rescue revisited HW.jpg

The story and the render is clearly a re-work of an earlier submission. After the original was uploaded Quietrob kindly took the time and the trouble to critique it and mail me his thoughts. This made me want to at least tweak the original but that intent went out of the window and this has more changes that I first intended. It does however, take into account the feedback and, I hope works a lot better.

One issue that Quietrob did point out was some very serious jagged edges to the ship and distant peaks. I had not noticed them at the time and it appears to be a two fold problem. Firstly I think it is to do with the content in question and how I have used it but I also managed to foul up my normal post work process along the way (I put it down to old age as I have been using the same basic process for years). I have tried to correct the problem in this new render.

As to any overall improvement I will leave it up to others to judge if I have made good use of the excellent advice given.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Caoimhe heard the distant roar and suspected immediately it meant trouble, for her at least, Her spirits lifted however, the moment she stepped for her bunker. For quite a while she stared in disbelief but the silhouette was unmistakable, the incoming craft was an Eagle. Grabbing what little she had left of any value from the bunker she jumped into her battered crate and raced full pelt in the direction of the craft. They arrived at the landing site almost together and grabbing some of her possessions she ran towards the craft as if the hounds of hell were in her wake she needed so much, a change of clothes, a shower and most of all a hug. Her feet seemed to be running faster than the rest of her body then she slowed, stopped and hesitated, she recognised the pilot, it was Turlough. Suddenly her need to be close was more intense and, dropping anything that could slow her down the run began again, faster and more energetic than before, she literally threw herself at him, and lucky for her he caught her mid flight, briefly it looked as though they would both end up in a bundle on the floor. Their eyes met for what seemed an eternity and Caoimhe knew isolation had changed her, it had given her time to think. Her list of needs shrivelled into one single massive need, and she was looking straight into his eyes of what, and who, needed most.

View attachment 31126

The story and the render is clearly a re-work of an earlier submission. After the original was uploaded Quietrob kindly took the time and the trouble to critique it and mail me his thoughts. This made me want to at least tweak the original but that intent went out of the window and this has more changes that I first intended. It does however, take into account the feedback and, I hope works a lot better.

One issue that Quietrob did point out was some very serious jagged edges to the ship and distant peaks. I had not noticed them at the time and it appears to be a two fold problem. Firstly I think it is to do with the content in question and how I have used it but I also managed to foul up my normal post work process along the way (I put it down to old age as I have been using the same basic process for years). I have tried to correct the problem in this new render.

As to any overall improvement I will leave it up to others to judge if I have made good use of the excellent advice given.
I think you made excellent use of the suggestions I listed. It was a short list but you addressed each one. The trail of gadgets leading to the couple. Of course, she is going to drop such doodads, no matter how useful, as with the arrival of Turlough, those things no longer matter. The body wrap pose of the two, is indeed a classic. There isn't a man alive that doesn't want to be wrapped up in the love of his chosen one. Save those poses, hornet. They will serve you well. The actual position of Caiomhe and Turlough has changed for the better as well. Now it looks like she met him as soon as the ramp came down and leapt into his arms. The ships are prominent and now take up dead space. Unless you are doing a comic, you want to eliminate dead space if possible unless the mood is better served.

On the technical points. Those hills are sharp to the sight and to the touch, well defined (I sense Terradome, a superb product) and well detailed as they should be. The Jagged lines of the ships are gone! It now looks high definition, futuristic ships that brought him to save his love. There are some that may argue that a man saving a female is cliched. I beg to differ. Both sexes save each other every day. Especially if they are in love.

By the way, your composition process works. I think you just caught in some resolutions traps in the first iteration. It's happened to me. Looks like you handled it well.

Nice job!