• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

slowly ease away from the mushrooms
I was thinking about adding a bowl of mushrooms to the post that mentions them.
But, really, just getting the set done is the main focus now.
I can't believe all that artist's painting gear is so clean!
And it's a good thing too, 'cause I haven't modeled the cans of Acrylic Solvent yet.
It's going to be embarrassing after all that talk about environmental responsibility, but what a mess things will be without it.
What's that little frog gon'na do about Meano anyway? Serve him lunch? :laugh:

Hornet3d

Wise
I think you made excellent use of the suggestions I listed. It was a short list but you addressed each one. The trail of gadgets leading to the couple. Of course, she is going to drop such doodads, no matter how useful, as with the arrival of Turlough, those things no longer matter. The body wrap pose of the two, is indeed a classic. There isn't a man alive that doesn't want to be wrapped up in the love of his chosen one. Save those poses, hornet. They will serve you well. The actual position of Caiomhe and Turlough has changed for the better as well. Now it looks like she met him as soon as the ramp came down and leapt into his arms. The ships are prominent and now take up dead space. Unless you are doing a comic, you want to eliminate dead space if possible unless the mood is better served.

On the technical points. Those hills are sharp to the sight and to the touch, well defined (I sense Terradome, a superb product) and well detailed as they should be. The Jagged lines of the ships are gone! It now looks high definition, futuristic ships that brought him to save his love. There are some that may argue that a man saving a female is cliched. I beg to differ. Both sexes save each other every day. Especially if they are in love.

By the way, your composition process works. I think you just caught in some resolutions traps in the first iteration. It's happened to me. Looks like you handled it well.

Nice job!

Thanks you so much for your comments, both those here and the earlier ones. I am really glad you like the way I have interpreted the changes you suggested, that means a lot to me. I have rarely been upset by criticism or critique in general and never in relation to my renders. I don't always take the advice but most times I at least try to make the improvements. Your comments were really welcome as you not only pointed out the areas of concern you made suggestions on how they could be addressed and they all made sense to me. In truth even if I had not been convinced on the suggestions I would have given them ago to see what impact they had, in this case I knew straight off they would work if I could apply them correctly.

When I do landscapes I generally use Vue but in this case the hills are from one of Petipet products as is the rescue craft, which is not surprising considering the vast amount so Petipet content I have.

Your comment on the male saving the female being cliched is well understood and something I normally fight against which is why my main character is female and a relative 5' nothing with petite build. I love breaking the convention and even my sci-fi reading is heavily biased towards heroine stories. This is a break for me as it would normally be the female saving the male, the reason it is not the case here is the idea arose out of the renders I was doing using Glitterati3D's sci fi scavengers outfit which was for Dawn not Dusk and I try to keep things simple as it matches me in many ways.

Thanks again for your time, support and interest.

eclark1894

Visionary
Thought I'd post this here as I just found out how to add snow to a Superfly Render. Maybe now we can get some decent winter clothes for Dawn and Dusk to wear. Think I'll spend the day making dawn a pair of skis.
Oh, and that snowman is Andy. He was out in the snow all night celebrating.:sneaky:

snowman.png

James R.

Busy Bee
So there I was, building another spaceshippish kind of thing, and this guy shows up and starts posing on it, looking all aloof and piloty-cool and stuff. Wouldn't leave till I did a quick render of him. Jerk.

Just used Poser's default High w/Subsurface render setting and this only took an hour by CPU. Sigh. "Only." What wouldn't I give for the next version or update of Poser to support AMD video cards on macOS? It would really help my workflow. Time is precious.

Image 197.JPG

Rokket

Dances with Bees
And in case you don't recognize her, it's Roxie. The hair is the SevenTease Hair for V4, which I won on 'rosity for placing 3rd in the writing contest. I really like that hair. I didn't scale it because I wanted the big hair look.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Wow. Quite some set. So stylish I'm sure one would set it up in a shop/studio rather than the grungy shed off the garage that a lot of artists have to make do with.

The acrylics can wash out with soap and water until they dry. Then you're stuck wth them. I don't think they come with a dedicated solvent.

Wow. Quite some set. So stylish I'm sure one would set it up in a shop/studio rather than the grungy shed off the garage that a lot of artists have to make do with.
The acrylics can wash out with soap and water until they dry. Then you're stuck wth them. I don't think they come with a dedicated solvent.
Oh, you mean in the REAL WORLD? LMAO!!!
There's some interior architecture coming next. It will be a luxurious studio that some fabulously wealthy Poser character can use to create timeless works of art.
And even clever Poser artists could use to maybe render a scene, then put into paintshop or something and apply artistic effects to,
and then use as the texture for a canvas which the poser artist character is painting at. Or even more creative endeavors.
But none of this stuff works...YKW