• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

quietrob

Extraordinary
It was my plan this past summer to tackle Blender and Silo and Substance Painter... but I didn't get a Round Tuit and I couldn't find Thuhtime. When I get a Round Tuit and find Thuhtime, I'll try to familiarize myself with at least one of those programs.

For now, even though I'm told Poser isn't really built to do what I do (I disagree), I'm okay with making my Frankenstein creations. :)
I wonder if you had model planes hanging from your ceiling as I did. I do remember coming home and it looked like several planes were plummeting as if they had been shot down. Either my big brother (back from Nam) or Father played a prank on me but neither will cop to it to this day. I remember going whoa. They had a battle while I was at school.

I bet your spell checker is going crazy ryenow. I'm gonna have some sketti and a sammich and get backtuit!

Last edited:

quietrob

Extraordinary
hexagon, the only 3D program I have been able to fully learn, no I am not stupid, just seem to have a high density....lol

Actually, I have Hexagon, Carey. The interface is so frustrating sometimes but of course, that is familiarity. It's like using DS. Frustrating at times. Poser is so intuitive that it works right out of the box. That said, DS users who stuck with the program probably say the same thing about Poser and are able to do amazing things with DS and it's many varied tools. Some I will say that are superior to Poser. A single click to eliminate Poke through? Amazing! That would save me time with the morph brush (which I think I have actually mastered).

But back to the 3d Modeling program. I will have to say, just looking at that crib makes me want to go back and try again. I always think I should Master the cheaper program that does the same thing before I move on to something like ZBrush which I covet greatly.

James R.

Busy Bee
I wonder if you had model planes hanging from your ceiling as I did. I do remember coming home and it looked like several planes were plummeting as if they had been shot down. Either my big brother (back from Nam) or Father played a prank on me but neither will cop to it to this day. I remember going whoa. They had a battle while I was at school.

I bet your spell checker is going crazy ryenow. I'm gonna have some sketti and a sammich and get backtuit!

Airplanes hanging from the ceiling...tanks and cars on shelves... :)

raven

Admirable
Here's one from me, forgot to put it here.

Lost in the music.

lost_in_the_music_2.jpg

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Epona was a Celtic fertility goddess and a protector of horses besides the more usual attributes accorded to a goddess of the land and growing things. She is mostly known for her having become the only Celtic goddess to become part of the Roman divine pantheon because of her acceptance and worship by Roman cavalry legions during the occupation of Britain.

Epona.jpg

Olive Grove by ShaaraMuse3D, Hivewire Horse by Hivewire3D, Dapple Grey for HW Horse by CWRW and Smokey Cream for HW Horse by Dreamweaver, Faylinn for V4 by Godin, Elleth Hair by Propschick, Fire Princess Boots and Trousers by Rhiannon, Aria Tunic by Tipol.

Hornet3d

Wise
Epona was a Celtic fertility goddess and a protector of horses besides the more usual attributes accorded to a goddess of the land and growing things. She is mostly known for her having become the only Celtic goddess to become part of the Roman divine pantheon because of her acceptance and worship by Roman cavalry legions during the occupation of Britain.

View attachment 29991

Olive Grove by ShaaraMuse3D, Hivewire Horse by Hivewire3D, Dapple Grey for HW Horse by CWRW and Smokey Cream for HW Horse by Dreamweaver, Faylinn for V4 by Godin, Elleth Hair by Propschick, Fire Princess Boots and Trousers by Rhiannon, Aria Tunic by Tipol.

Beautiful scene but then your scenes always are.

James R.

Busy Bee

View attachment 29991

I like the lighting and I really like her outfit.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Thank you everyone! There are a lot of images of Epona out there, almost invariably depicting her as the obligatory earth-mother type, whilst ignoring the fact that she held responsibility for one of the Celtic worlds most prized assets, which were often valued above gold! The name Epona means ‘Great Mare’ (derived from proto-Celtic ekwas – horse) so that’s how I’ve depicted her. Wild, free and ready to ride!

The lighting comes from Colm’s Render Studio series (Afterglow and Atmosphere in this case). I was lucky to pick up most of them at RDNA before it disappeared into Daz’s greedy maw and are probably one of the best set of purchases I’ve ever made. Well worth looking out for and grabbing if they still exist!

Her outfit comprises Rhiannon’s Fire Princess conforming outfit (you can see the rest of it here: AI OHTAKYARO!

and Tipol’s dynamic Aria Tunic, which includes the belt and a pair of knee-length trousers. Perfect for a Celtic goddess on the move!

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Bushfire season is upon us... close to where I live.. just across the water.

I added the seagulls ... in Carrara of course :cool: