• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
@Mythocentric Love it, I wish I still had the render I did of Epona, as like you I all ways picture Her with the horses and *sqweee* one of my creamies! Love seeing them used. That render is long gone with the old HD but I do have one of another goddess who has a slight connection to horses, well agriculture at lest.

Love the image Dreamer and rather lusher than my depiction. The olive trees were a nod to Epona's adoption by Rome. Actually, your image is probably a lot closer to her than you might think because Demetria and Demeter were also known as the Great Mare and all three shared the same aspect of fertility and caused wheat to grow where their feet trod. Given that Gaul was occupied by Rome at the time, which caused the Gallic migration towards the west and Britain in the first place, it seems likely that Epona (as a representation of Demetria/Demeter) was an adoption in isolation to her purely Celtic form, and her inclusion by Rome was not so much an import of a foreign goddess but a re-import of a familiar goddess in a foreign aspect.

Fun fact: Epona is still celebrated today by an annual tour of stables in her name on Mackinac Island, on Lake Huron, Michigan, where almost all motor vehicles are banned and horses are the most important mode of transport! :)

Stezza

Dances with Bees
I went and bought me a Gogmagog.....
Rendered in Carrara

Hornet3d

Wise
Caoimhe always had mixed feelings when presenting any lost soul for inclusion with other recovered souls, it should be a joyous moment but the was a catch, acceptance was not a forgone conclusion It was a tradition that whoever rescued the soul was the one who would present the same soul to the book of souls. So far she had never had a soul rejected but she knew from those that had that such an occurrence was a terrifying experience and one that filled her with dread.

Soul Deposit HW.jpg

Carey

Extraordinary
oh yeah, they are deathly quite :D We have a bird show at the sanctuary near us and they flew a few different kinds of birds overhead then the let an owl go from behind and people were ducking when they saw the shadow as the didn't hear it like the other birds. This was one of the others, how pretty is this Black Buzzard (ignore other bird on the right :p)
View attachment 22218
(thumbnail so just click to view larger)

I and my wife load up our birds and do street shows at least once a week with our trained cockatoo rescue birds, Casper the star of the show is thinking about running for office, We think, he specializes in long political speeches that get everyone laughing...He explained it all to one of our audiences last night, he explained, "I am not the least bit shy". Then he broke into a little soft shoe....Amazing what comes out of that bird at times...

James R.

Busy Bee
You see a lot of sci fi and fantasy, more than enough pin ups but modern history is rare. This is a lovely glimpse of the past.

It looks a lot like one of the older neighbourhoods in my city. People are rediscovering it, and families are moving in again, which is nice.

I also just needed a bit of a palate cleanser from the scifi I usually do. ;)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Great renders folks, and yes James, that looks like it could be a local street corner in some of the older neighborhoods here in NY as well. ;)

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Love the image Dreamer and rather lusher than my depiction. The olive trees were a nod to Epona's adoption by Rome. Actually, your image is probably a lot closer to her than you might think because Demetria and Demeter were also known as the Great Mare and all three shared the same aspect of fertility and caused wheat to grow where their feet trod. Given that Gaul was occupied by Rome at the time, which caused the Gallic migration towards the west and Britain in the first place, it seems likely that Epona (as a representation of Demetria/Demeter) was an adoption in isolation to her purely Celtic form, and her inclusion by Rome was not so much an import of a foreign goddess but a re-import of a familiar goddess in a foreign aspect.

Fun fact: Epona is still celebrated today by an annual tour of stables in her name on Mackinac Island, on Lake Huron, Michigan, where almost all motor vehicles are banned and horses are the most important mode of transport! :)
Thanks Myth, that is a cool wee fact and when I get the photos I will share what I got up to this weekend that has a slight connection to this :)