• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Wow... this thread grew 5 more pages while I was off having 'puter issues! There are a lot of nice renders in here. Sorry don't have time to like or comment. Maybe later today.

I am out to sea, or I would be adding to this...

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
As to the ice cream parlor: nope, this one is an actual commercial model from the DAZ site. One of Slosh's. And a really nice set. Same general era, of course. And no Wall-O-Matics (or booths).

At some point I'll go hunting a way to move the Wall-O-Matic into Studio. It could be useful. But, frankly, there are better diner booths than mine. And more "finished" table props.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well just be thankful you're not here in the Atlantic near the US and the Virgin Islands. We're waiting for hurricane 3 to hit in the next couple of days. ~shakes head~

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Modeled this guy ( Carroot ) in Carrara :eek:
Rendered in Carrara

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
You are in my prayers.
Luckily, the only thing I'm seeing up here in the northeast is a lot of humidity and it's windy today. It's also supposed to be a lot windier tomorrow, and I understand that's Hurricane Jose passing by offshore.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Okay, we are closing on the resolution now.

After finishing their ice cream, Severus and Hermione adjourned to his apartment for further discussion. Hermione, being able to look at the problem of an evil book with protections that cannot be overcome with a fresh viewpoint, combined with her experiences with music magic over the last couple of days, and comes up with a possibility. If the protections cannot be overcome, then extend them to a distance that no one will be able to *reach* the book at the center. As in; set them into the foundations of a structure and let the book's protections protect *that*. (She is, after all, an architect.)

Additional energy will be needed to accomplish it, but there is a reservoir of magic fueled by blood, willingly shed, in the Shrieking Shack. The only hitch is that blood magic is location-based, and they are not proposing to build over the Shrieking Shack.

Well, she has already seen that music magic can *move* things, and there are two wizards related by blood to the magic in the Shack.

The prospect of being finally rid of a dangerous secret that he has been burdened with for close to 30 years is fairly overwhelming. The two of them get quite carried away.

And of course they are eventually interrupted...
Interuptus-paint.jpg

And the original;
Interuptus-render.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
The project is set for some weeks later. Hermione makes preparations for laying the foundations of a concert hall on her property in Hogsmeade, not far from the Shack. They will need to call upon the blood magic to further encapsulate the book, and then move them both to the building site. This will need to be done as much in secret as possible.

At night, under disillusionment.

It is only as they aproach their destination, that Hermione discovers that they have been followed.
Procession-paint.jpg

And the render (Note: this is the one that was giving me so much grief, due to there being something wrong with the file).
Procession-render.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
The book has been set into the foundation, and no one is going to be able to get at it, but they have been discovered. And Hermione has no idea of what to do.

However, the villagers themselves have not altogether forgotten about music magic, despite the ban, and they effectively sing/seal the book into place with a melody dating from Thomas Tallis. Hermione effectively bows to the inevitable and ends the Disillusionment. Village Mugwump Methuselah Suggs welcomes Severus back.
Homecoming-paint.jpg

And in the render;
Homecoming-render.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Coda: a year later.
Hermione has married Severus and has relocated to Solano Beach, leaving Hugo in possession of the property in Hogsmeade -- including the soon to be officially opened concert hall. The only such in Britain. There has been a repeal of the bans on music magic, and Hugo and Victor have a potential career as instructors.

Hermione hopes to re-establish her architectural practice in California. But that is less important that her being in California. Now she has only to convince Severus to attend the opening concert back in Hogsmeade. She'll manage.
Endpiece-paint.jpg

And rendered;
Endpiece-render.jpg

And that is it. The whole project ought to be posted before too long. I may add a note here when it goes up.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Luckily, the only thing I'm seeing up here in the northeast is a lot of humidity and it's windy today. It's also supposed to be a lot windier tomorrow, and I understand that's Hurricane Jose passing by offshore.
See... prayer works!

Stezza

Dances with Bees
I'm still using my xPeria z2 for photos... no need for any upgrades at the moment or foreseeable future.. :sneaky: :cautious:

Rendered and modeled in Carrara... was an exercise last night after chatting to an online friend.. time taken was 2 hours from start to finish..

Phone Hugger.jpg