• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Saphirewild

Brilliant
This is one I rendered and put through sketcher

!!!!!Brave Warrior.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
New one from me.
I decided to have a play with some old content. This is Kromekat's Woodland Props - Tree Trunk and Ivy (from 2004!) and the DAZ morphing python with IgnisSerpentus' Cold Blooded textures (both from 2010).
I plugged the tree bump map into the displacement channel, and the same with the bump map on the snake. Snarlygribbly's EZDome for lighting. Straight Superfly render, took less than 8 minutes. Exported as a .tif, signed in and exported as .jpg using PSP7.
That's it. Enjoy! :)

View attachment 30425

Woo, that is scary. Great render.

James R.

Busy Bee
Chitty's first test flight

rendered in Cararra

So happy to see Chitty Chitty Bang Bang! Great memories. When I was a little boy I had a large die cast Chitty (by Matchbox? Lesney?). You pressed something and Chitty’s spring loaded wings popped out from underneath. Had real rubber tires, too. Loved that car. Wish I still had it. Haven’t seen the movie for decades, though.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
All it's missing is the continuous plumes of bang bang smoke coming out of the tail pipes! lol

Stezza

Dances with Bees
All it's missing is the continuous plumes of bang bang smoke coming out of the tail pipes! lol

Yep, I know what you mean.... still a WiP .. gotta do the prop blurs and bang bang smoke yet and probably other stuff...

So happy to see Chitty Chitty Bang Bang! Great memories. When I was a little boy I had a large die cast Chitty (by Matchbox? Lesney?). You pressed something and Chitty’s spring loaded wings popped out from underneath. Had real rubber tires, too. Loved that car. Wish I still had it. Haven’t seen the movie for decades, though.

My mate had one when I was a lad... was so jealous... he also had all the Thunderbird models as well!

May have look in eBay ;-)

Stezza

Dances with Bees
:thankyou: :flower02:

So glad you like it... I like it as well, which I guess is why I did it... lol

I think I found a Truly Scrumptious outfit as well.......

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
Not sure if I can actually post the images, so I'll post the link, but I was tickled pink that DAZ actually used the three promo renders that they asked me to do for their new Teen Josie 8 character. Of course, I was tickled pink that they even approached me to begin with, but seeing "my work" on a product page for the first time was quite exciting...
Teen Josie 8 | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D "Mine" are the first three of the seven "scene" shots at the end of the promos.

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
And... then I went right back to working with one of Angel Wing's beautiful young ladies for Genesis 3:

The Blade with Seven Tongues
View media item 3696

Her father the king had led his knights against the invading goblins, and they had all perished. Now she was her people's last defense, her only weapon the magical Blade of the Seven Tongues, which legend said had never been unsheathed, whose writhing serpents slew any unworthy soul that tried to wield it...

Probably not what the PA who created the Lynaean Hydra had in mind, but as soon as I saw it I knew I wanted to create a sword with the monster as the crossguard. Still having too much fun with Angel Wing's "Zoey" as well.

Had a lot of fun with this one, even though it took FOREVER to render because of all the reflections on the sword handle.