• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I am SO glad you're back!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
We're supposed to have a couple of warm (well warm for this time of year) days this week, but that usually means no heat, so not really "warm", if you know what I mean.

Terre

Renowned
High here was 74 today, low tonight is supposed to be 35. Tomorrow is supposed to be down closer to normal temps for this time of year.

Miss B

CV-BEE
It has to be below 55 between 6:00am and 11:00pm, and below 40 between 11:00pm and 6:00am.

I can live with wearing a sweater in the house during the day, but I'm tired of having to wear several layers of clothing, and 2 blankets at night. ~shakes head~

Terre

Renowned
We're supposed to have a couple of warm (well warm for this time of year) days this week, but that usually means no heat, so not really "warm", if you know what I mean.
I read this too fast earlier and didn't realize what you were saying. That is bad. my sympathies.
It has to be below 55 between 6:00am and 11:00pm, and below 40 between 11:00pm and 6:00am.

I can live with wearing a sweater in the house during the day, but I'm tired of having to wear several layers of clothing, and 2 blankets at night. ~shakes head~
Ouch. I have to have one layer of clothing and three blankets but I get cold very easily. Being light boned and very thin skinned I need more layers than most people. For a normal person to have to do the same is something I wish you could get corrected.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Unfortuantely Terre, it's a City Ordinance, so we have no control. I don't know if private homes have the same issue, but co-ops and condos, since they're apartment buildings for the most part, do have to adhere to it, or can be fined heavily.

Luckily the only times I'm usually affected, are in October, before the heat starts on November 1st, and again in April when the heat gets turned off on March 31st. Usually during the winter months I'm fine. In fact, I often have a small fan on when I'm sitting here on the computer, because all the equipment here gives off heat too.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I live on an all steel ship. The steel is always colder or warmer than the outside air. It was down to 24* F today. Not as cold as a lot of areas, but when you are used to 85 and sunny....

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Unfortuantely Terre, it's a City Ordinance, so we have no control. I don't know if private homes have the same issue, but co-ops and condos, since they're apartment buildings for the most part, do have to adhere to it, or can be fined heavily.

Luckily the only times I'm usually affected, are in October, before the heat starts on November 1st, and again in April when the heat gets turned off on March 31st. Usually during the winter months I'm fine. In fact, I often have a small fan on when I'm sitting here on the computer, because all the equipment here gives off heat too.

I remember you mentioning this previously Miss B...it seems very unfair. I'm assuming it's to do with reducing energy usage. When we recently put in reverse cycle airconditioning we also installed 32 solar panels which we're hoping will totally cover our Electricity usage. That way any additional cost for the airconditioning in terms of energy will be covered in a way that is environmentally friendly.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes Pen, I had posted it somewhere on the forum before, and yes, I think it's supposed to help with energy, just as Con Ed's reducing electricity power on the very, very hot days during the summer. That's supposed to reduce the possibility of a black-out. Needless to say, I don't like those summer days, but I'd like it even less if we had a City-wide blackout. Been there. Done that. Don't EVER want to do that again.

Terre

Renowned
I just looked at the weather map for the storm. I am less the 100 miles west of the tag end of the freezing rain part and TWC says we have a 90% chance for rain with a low of 34F. I hope the temp doesn't get lower because a lot of people around here don't know how to drive under those conditions.

Terre

Renowned
Good morning. :)

How is everyone doing?

Today is the last delivery under the old owners at work. Next Saturday should be the first under the new owners. Our shelves are getting pretty thin as the orders the last week have been small for inventory reduction purposes.