• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I am SO glad you're back!

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Nowt wrong with that, I'm getting more so as I get older. I am sorry you are in the midst of it, I do think tropical weather makes one's body acclimatise to it, all the newly arriving cruisers here from the islands are rugged up and shivering with us locals running around in tee shirts and shorts and basking in the warmth.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Very true. Back in the years I spent a couple of weeks on vacation with family in Arizona during the early summer, always made it harder for me to deal with the winters back East. My mom always said I was thinning out my blood too much sitting in the desert sun.

Last edited:

quietrob

Extraordinary
Brrr, indeed! I don't do brrr, just "damn, it's nippy out there!" when it's not even frosty. But then, I am a weather wuss.

I hereby reward Lorraine extra Internet Points for the term "Weather Wuss". So Let it be written...So let it be done.

Though it rhymes well, quietrob is given no points for the term "Poser Puss"

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Poser puss? You? No way.

I am thawing out in my room with the thermostat cranked up. I am about to get in bed and I hope I sleep well. I can't sleep very well in a strange bed. You'd think after doing this for more than 30 years I would used to it. Nope.

Lorraine

I hereby reward Lorraine extra Internet Points for the term "Weather Wuss". So Let it be written...So let it be done.

Though it rhymes well, quietrob is given no points for the term "Poser Puss"

I accept the points with pleasure, one must take any opportunity for extra points at this time of the year :)

I think you should get some points for Poser Puss too, I like pusses!

Lorraine

Strange beds are exactly that, strange, very strange. One has no idea of what may or may not have happened in said very strange bed, it can keep me awake at night just thinking about it :eek:

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I know that too well. I hear the noises coming from adjacent rooms in hotels. It's a little different on a ship. But not much.

Lorraine

I find strange beds are either too hard or too soft, the too hard I can deal with with a topper pad but there doesn't seem to be a way to deal with too soft.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I find strange beds are either too hard or too soft, the too hard I can deal with with a topper pad but there doesn't seem to be a way to deal with too soft.
I find that most of the beds I end up in are too hard. I like them really soft. My bed at home is perfect.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Here's hoping it goes by faster than you're expecting.
As a matter of fact, my bosses saw my qualifications and have decided they don't want to waste my talent and experience on watch. I will be moving back to day work soon.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That will certainly help make things feel more normal, even if you're still so far away from your family.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Well. First it was cold. Then it rained. Then it snowed. And lucky me, I got to work in it all day!

Note the sarcasm.

quietrob

Extraordinary
I remember being in Berlin (back in my much younger days) and I was told if you don't like the weather, just wait. It'll change to something you hate in a few hours.

The day I got off the airplane, it rained. It snowed and the sun came out to warm us up.

I do remember something else that has nothing to do with anything. In the 70's Berlin was closed to Russia though they (Russian soldiers) were allowed to cross in van's to the other side of Berlin. Russian Military weren't allowed to get out of the vans which made them excellent targets for snowballs. We used to plaster their vans with snowballs whenever they stopped in front our barracks. One day, out of no where, they got out of their van and engaged the United States Army in a snowball fight for the ages. I learned quickly don't get in a snowball fight with people who live in the snow all their lives. I'm from California and grew up in the capital where it NEVER snowed!

In the middle of the Cold War, there was a battle known only to a few. I'm not sure who won the mother of all snowball fights but I know we both had fun.