• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP Hunter 3D's Upcoming Products (featuring Dawn 2.0)

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
“Edgar” is a Western Style Dynamic Cloth outfit, designed to fit Dusk and L’Homme.

It is made so that the shirt can be draped tight fitting or loose, and so that the jeans can be tucked into the boots or out. And it also needs to be able to easily do more complex poses, like kneeling.

And this needed to be all accomplished in the Cloth Room, with minimum difficulty for the user.
So I did not want to use any constrained groups.

Well this was a lesson in how to waste time. When I originally made it, it draped fine. When I reloaded it, L’Homme draped fine sometimes and then failed when I reset for another scene. So I redid the entire outfit for L’Homme, but got the same problem.
Arrhhh, L’Homme does not load in Zero Pose:oopsie:
It was right the first time :tantrum::tantrum:

Anyway, here’s a render;
Edgar 03.jpg

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
I've actually been using my own creations just to do some renders. A rare thing :p
I should do more, and update my media album.

Here is another of my now defunct outfits.
This time Dawn wearing her "Saffira Steampunk Outfit".

I really liked this outfit, I'll have to look at updating it :whistling: Well enough rendering stuff, back to creating :sneaky::sneaky:

DawnSaffira.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I think that's the one outfit of yours I didn't get to test, because I was deep into testing one of Satira's goodies at the time.

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
I think that's the one outfit of yours I didn't get to test, because I was deep into testing one of Satira's goodies at the time.
I had to look back for this. That was Red Eagle & Nod who tested that one.
I haven't seen either of them in months.

Here is a thing I never realised until yesterday, I never correctly downloaded Saffira's files from Hivewire. So I didn't have my own product. But I found out that you can still download from the store. Lucky :eek:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I believe you're correct Rae. I seem to remember January 31st being the deadline for downloading, which is why I made sure that was the first thing I did.

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
So here is a WIP of the "Sophie Outfit"
It's an update of the retired "Saffira Steampunk Outfit", but it will not be exclusively punk style.
I may revamp 1 or 2 of Saffira's other mats for this outfit.
Gone are the separate optional sleeves, they are now part of the dress itself.​
Gone is the collar (although I liked it, so I might rethink this).​
Gone is the hair (the hair shown here is Saffira's hair).​

DawnSophie.png

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
A Steampunk Group
BTW, click and press zoom to see full size.

Credit: Grizelda which used to be available at Anniemation Products at Hivewire 3D.

Everything else in the render is Hunter 3D stuff - well not the people
(I did the mat on Janet's Grizelda to match the outfit Dawn is wearing)

GardenBench Punk01.jpg

Last edited:

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Awesome line up!

I'm pretty sure Grizelda will be moving to Anniemation's Rendo store eventually. Are you going to be doing an add-on set for it or just for you're own purposes?

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
Awesome line up!

I'm pretty sure Grizelda will be moving to Anniemation's Rendo store eventually. Are you going to be doing an add-on set for it or just for you're own purposes?
Thanks, I do love Baby Luna :cool:

I was a beta tester for Grizelda. And at that time I just got Hivewire's cat, so I played around making numerous mats for Grizelda just so I could make renders (I never said I was a dedicated beta tester :roflmao:).

But no, I would not make any add-on sets. I'd pass any mats I'd make onto Janet.
Although originally I did make a Superhero set for Grizelda to match my Borge/Borghild/Bo Superheroes.
Not sure what happened to that set :rolleyes: