• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP Hunter 3D's Upcoming Products (featuring Dawn 2.0)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I think they look blue, especially the front of the boots. On her left foot, the back of the boot looks darker, so may give an impression of a purplish color.

Oh, and check your Gamma settings on both monitors, as they might not be the same. That would definitely make things look different color-wise.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Actually, I wasn't talking about the boots, but the shirt disguised as a dress, or the dress disguiesd as a shirt... whatever.:rolleyes:
Actually, the way Doug creates his outfits, those are 1 piece dresses. He creates the separate pieces by using transmaps on the 1 piece dresses to make them look like they're 2 piece sets.

Whether he's done them differently this time, I don't know, as he hasn't had anything for beta testing yet, but from how he's created them in the past, that's how he usually creates his sets.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I really like the short heeled long black boots.

The dress looks royal blue but the shoes while still looking blue look to have a slight purplish cast to them

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
:thankyou: Thanks so much for all your feed back. Please feel free to keep it coming :)

I think I've got enough items for this Sabel Outfit. This product will be for DawnSE and LaFemme.
Later, I intend to add a fitting for Dawn 2.0, with more mats.

So it looks like it is time to do up all the icons and things and get this Sabel Outfit to beta testing.

Here is the full range;

LineUp.jpg

LineUp2.jpg

Last edited:

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I thought it looked blue on my screen with areas of purple, with the back left boot being dark blue on my screen.

But, the more I looked at it, the more I started seeing a purple.
So, I checked out color swatches and what I'm seeing looks pretty close to the color called Jacksons Purple (Pantone 2372 C)

1610238862012.png

1610238341831.png

Just goes to show that between one's vision, room lighting, and monitor brands and calibration, the sky above earth could actually be green and grass blue ...

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
I thought it looked blue on my screen with areas of purple, with the back left boot being dark blue on my screen.

Thank You.

The colour is supposed to be blue, using a purple as a specular, so giving a blue with a violet sheen effect under the correct angle and lighting. This effect should be stronger in the dress then in the boots.

On my good screen it looks blue, and I really like that colour.
But on my cheaper screen it looks purple.

When I made it I certain eyedropper pick a blue colour, so all should be good.

Hmm, me thinks… could this be enough to justify a new monitor ;)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
A Purple specular would definitely drive the blue toward purple depending on lighting and reflections. I wondered if that was the case.

Absolutely! That's enough to justify a new monitor!

Miss B

CV-BEE
Wow! A triple post! You must have really meant it! :p

Dana
No more triple posts anymore! :cool: Oh and I did really mean it. ;)

I've done double posts on occasion in the past. Not sure how I got a triple post. ~shakes head~