• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP Hunter 3D's Upcoming Products (featuring Dawn 2.0)

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
Ice Mages:

Everett and Everleigh Mages - DawnSE, L'Homme, Dusk, Dawn 2.0 and LaFemme;
IceMages.jpg

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
"I Win!" says LaFemme
(two seconds before her head rolls to the ground) :rofl: :oopsie:
LHLFWarrior.jpg

LHomme Wearing Everett Warrior outfit & LaFemme wearing Everleigh Warrior Outfit

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Cool. Is the last done in Poser or DS? I know it can be done in Poser but in Poser 11 the layer system is a mess but in Poser 12 it's supposed to be back to working well.

parkdalegardener

Adventurous
Nice work Doug.
Yep La Femme is Poser only as far as I know.
RAMWolff you can find a thread by Nerd, started two weeks on Rendo; explaining how to add and remove none destructive layers like tatoos, snow, glossy wet skin and the like if you need a process.

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
Cool. Is the last done in Poser or DS? I know it can be done in Poser but in Poser 11 the layer system is a mess but in Poser 12 it's supposed to be back to working well.

Yes, Poser only.

The main issue in Poser is that layering cannot really handle displacement maps.
So for the render above, those girls mainly use the normal map, with some height.
Whereas, if you look at the black and dark red girl a couple of renders above, you can see she has a lot of displacement mapping (because she has no layering).

However, I could up what I did for that girl.
I reckon I could do some displacement mapping to make a skin look like conforming clothes.
Let me see what I can do :coding:

Last edited:

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
Here we go!
How is this for mixing Displacement, Normal & Height maps?

Can you tell this is a skin, or does it look as if she is wearing some conforming armour?
Check our the transparency of her body showing through waist armour.
LaCyborg Skin.jpg

Oh, the belly button gives it away :laugh:

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Thanks for the explanation. I'd love to see how you set up your maps in these layers out of curiosity. What version of Poser are you using? I have display issues as they are not in real time if I layer too many. I think this would be an awesome way to load up makeup but I couldn't work it out!

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
How did you get the waist so small?
I did a morph for the waist and her heels (If you notice her high heels, they are also a body morph).
I thought the waist suited the cyborg look I wanted. The very first render (where she is with DawnSE & Dawn 2.0) has the morph at 100%

I originally wanted to do this morph for Dawn 2.0, but I didn't know what she was going to be like when released, so I did my own temporary muscle morph, because I knew she'd come with something similar. And if you look back at her she also has high heels.

DawnSE however, is wearing conforming heels.

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
Thanks for the explanation. I'd love to see how you set up your maps in these layers out of curiosity. What version of Poser are you using? I have display issues as they are not in real time if I layer too many. I think this would be an awesome way to load up makeup but I couldn't work it out!
:thankyou:
That was a quick WIP I did in Poser 12 to work out what I need to do. But when I do up a full suit I'll also check it in Poser 11.

Yes, from what you, parkdalegardener & Dana were discussing, it gave the the thought of doing this.
I'll let you (and whoever is interested) know how I do whatever I eventually make.

Btw the materials are made in Substance Painter.