• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How to assign a morph to a subcategory in Poser?

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
First here's my question, and then the why incase that helps you understand.

I want to know when you create a morph, how you can set it to be in one of the sub categories such as Head, Nose, or a custom one.

Here's an example of some of Dawns morphs incase I'm not making sense. There are all the default subcategories, then since I have the faces of Africa set, I've also loaded in those which appear under VW_Africa_Morphs.

So for people who create morphs, how do you get them to show up where you want on a character?

Here's the why. When working with m4 and v4 I usually use Shaderworks Advanced Figure Randomizer and play with it till I get a figure I like, then I usually tweak things a bit more.

But because of how Dawn's morphs are laid out (which I think is much better from a human understandable point of view) her expressions get randomized along with her facial characteristics, and you have to get rid of the goofy expression before you can really tell what the figure looks like.

So I want to write my own script for Dawn/Dusk etc that will randomize morphs, without effecting controls. If I can figure out how that structure is created, I should be able to do it easily.

I already made a simple script to show me the internal names on all of Dawn's morphs and I can see that many of them do have some of that info built into there name like:

head:2 PHMLipsHeight
head:2 CTRLHeadNeckBend
head:2 SCLHeadScale

and

head:2 VW_Lips_PushR

Which means there's already a way for me to do this without having access to the full 'tree' of how poses are laid out. But. . .

If I could access that structure, then I could also make a posing script for Harry so that you could set his mane, tail, and fetlocks to blow the same way in the wind, or have the hair go one way if he's rearing up, and another way if he's standing normally. And that would be cool.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Okay...I'm more a DS user than Poser user but I hand edited the cr2 to create Diva's injection.

In the injection file there should be a chunk of text under the create fbm section that looks like this.

actor BODY:1
{
animatableOrigin 0
channels
{
groups
{
groupNode Actor
{
collapsed 1
groupNode 01_Head
{
collapsed 1
groupNode 06_Ears
{
collapsed 1
groupNode 01_Morphs
{
collapsed 1
groupNode Diva
{
collapsed 1
parmNode plDivaFEars1
parmNode plDivaFEars2
parmNode plDivaFEars3
parmNode plDivaFEars4
}
}
}

The bits I've highlighted are what shows up in the parameters tab...hope this helps I'm not an expert by any means.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
In the injection file there should be a chunk of text under the create fbm section that looks like this.

Thanks. That's exactly what I needed. :bounce:The problem was I didn't know the official name to call that organization, so I couldn't figure out how to access it. And although I've dug through Poser files in the past, if you don't know what you're looking for it can be less than fun.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Totally agree...I look forward to seeing your script...pity it isn't for DS but those are the breaks.