• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How The Hivewire Horse (harry) Came To Be.

AetherDream

Breathing Life into Characters
Contributing Artist
This looks really fantastic. I will love to add the deer to my runtime!

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I would like to invite him home for dinner at my house and offer him a job as a hat and coat and a whatever I wanna hang up rack. :D Very very nice Laurie!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I thought I had posted A WOW about the deer... but I don't see it... so really, Laurie, WOW!!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I never thought I wanted a deer for my runtime but WOW guys! you all rock!

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Thanks all!
Remember one of the coolest things about all these critters generated from Harry is they will be just as massively poseable as Harry! And don't forget Harry's great expressions too! That has never happened before. Gonna be so cool to see the deer family rigged.

The doe and fawn for the deer family will each have their own textures too, as they all are a little different from the buck.
Dying to get to work on the fawn and Thistle too. I am thinking I want to try to do Thistle a little like Bambi:)

Laurie

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Bambi Bambi Bambi Yay Yay Yay! :)

Since they are all from the same base, does that mean you could use, say, a deer texture on Harry? (could be awesome for fantasy renders!)

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Yes mats in general should work between the various critters and Harry- might need some hand tweaking as some critters have parts Harry doesn't though:)

So had a thought this evening... here is a super quickie/early days WIP in Superfly of a White Stag! (And I mean really early, but you'll get the idea:) Aiming to add this to the Deer Family too. Will be great especially for more fantasy renders.

Laurie

WhiteStagSuperflyWIP3.jpg

And one in firefly...

WhiteStagWIP3.jpg

and another quick approach in firefly

WhiteStag.jpg