• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How The Hivewire Horse (harry) Came To Be.

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
how about a dragon horse?

long ma.JPG

started to model in blender but there is some hiccup and I can't reimport the blender mesh back to DAZ so I went back to hexagon... where I have another hiccup as I am not yet very familiar with the program. Does anybody know how to stop the vertices from snapping to the symmetry line? with the soft selection some of them ended up too close to the zero point of the x axis and now I cannot pull them away, they keep snapping back to the zero point. Don't know where to disable this.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Can you also do a set of dragon wings for the horse? You wont believe how many people ask me what set of wings these are, but they are entirely 2D.
I sort of wanted kind of an anti pegasus once upon a time!
All Hallow's Eve33 2.jpg

I think I have a folder with some things I pulled out that might be kind of neat.
Im4.jpg
Im2.jpg
Im14.jpg
Im7.jpg
Im5.jpg

Don't particuarly like the fish like tail on this one.
Im12.jpg

Im13.jpg
Im17.jpg

Last edited:

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
Wow... lots of things. I will think about the demonic wings but I should think that it should be possible to use one of the sets that are around for people and fit them to the horse. But before I can think about any of that I need to figure how to get to grips with either blender or hexagon. Hexagon doesn't like me to use sculpt brushes, it crashed on me :(

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Wow... lots of things. I will think about the demonic wings but I should think that it should be possible to use one of the sets that are around for people and fit them to the horse. But before I can think about any of that I need to figure how to get to grips with either blender or hexagon. Hexagon doesn't like me to use sculpt brushes, it crashed on me :(
Well, I wish you luck ! Looking good what you have so far!

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE

Like these for example, I think I used the wings from Garreee's Draconian

Winged Beast

Last edited by a moderator:
My apologies if this has been addressed before, since it's a 50 page thread, but is there any chance of the mane and tail of Harry being made for subdivision in Poser 11 and later 12?

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
My apologies if this has been addressed before, since it's a 50 page thread, but is there any chance of the mane and tail of Harry being made for subdivision in Poser 11 and later 12?

You can subdivide it- just choose the mane and go to top menu->Figure->Skinning Method-> Poser Unimesh. Once you've done that you can subdivide the mane. Normally for the Mane I use SubD 3. This also works for Harry Body and Tail etc. as well.

Last edited:
You can subdivide it- just choose the mane and go to top menu->Figure->Skinning Method-> Poser Unimesh. Once youve done that you can subdivide the mane/ Normally for the Mane I use SubD 3. This also works for Harry Body and Tail etc. as well.
I learn something new every day! Thank you so much! :D

Klaus Sauer

Admirable
Maybe I have overseen something, but I would like to see a HiveWire Zebra too. And how about a Donkey, based on the Horse Model.

I know, that this products are requested several times. But a concrete anwser would be helpful.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Maybe I have overseen something, but I would like to see a HiveWire Zebra too. And how about a Donkey, based on the Horse Model.

I know, that this products are requested several times. But a concrete anwser would be helpful.
I'm fairly sure that both of those are in the works. As far as I know the bottle-neck is that there is only 1 rigger, and he is very busy with Dawn 2.0 right now.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I'm fairly sure that both of those are in the works. As far as I know the bottle-neck is that there is only 1 rigger, and he is very busy with Dawn 2.0 right now.

Exactly right. The thing is, I can create (morph) a bunch of different animal shapes, but then maps are a challenge as well, as we are limited there too.