• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Ruckus Character

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Been away for a few days with a Christmas Art Exhibit. But today I'm back in the saddle. Made the Lion claw necklace for Dusk today. Still need to fit it to Ruckus next.
Wanted to model the leather cord like you might see it, with natural twists to it.

Ruckus73.JPG
Ruckus74.JPG
Ruckus75.JPG

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Hmmm.........DND, Fomorian, Orc, Rock Troll, Firbolg. Add in the dog morphs and some warts and you could get Kobold. I could see some miss matched raw leather armor like Roman spaulders off the shoulders or some crude bracers, and maybe a belt made of teeth with some skull belt favor trophies hanging down. The fun part is that they use whatever is available to make into armor. So it could be a turtle shell, bark, roots, bone............ you name it.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Funny, been thinking of a belt with a few skulls and arm bands, plus a bonus if I get to it. Planning arm bands next. We'll see where it goes from there.
I'm sure whatever you come up with will be terrific for the belt or the armbands. It will keep us coming back to check on how you are progressing it's looking fantastic so far.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Back on Ruckus again today. Frustrated last week I lost all my data on his armband. Argh. I hate losing that effort. I saved, and saved, and even still saved. Then Modo crashed and I lost it all (the arm band work that is). So, I went back to get that file and it was empty. Crapola.

So, I'll give it a go again. I'll model it a bit differently this time though.

Ruckus80.JPG

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
OUCHIE! That's got to hurt!

Meanwhile, the necklace is looking real good. :)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It's that gremlin! He's a nasty little beastie who loves to destroy would you've spent hours and days and weeks and months and what not creating.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Looks like a real bad ass! I'm digging that retro Conan helmet from the Barry Smith days (from the sizzling seventies. Last century)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
*Hugs Chris*

SO frustrating when things crash and you lose things, but I'm betting it'll be even BETTER!!

He's looking great!

D

Deleted member 325

Looking good. Sorry to hear about the lost work. I have run into similar glitches in so many programs over the years (saved file gets corrupted or is actually empty... or just wont load properly anymore in my version of the software). It's good you were able to keep moving foreward though.