• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP HiveWire Rodent Infestation?

Harimau

Eager
What about a Quokka?

It's a rat kangaroo found in Rottnest Island near Perth, WA. Just a few pictures to show you how cute they are!

Rottnest_Quokka_2004_SeanMcClean.jpg

quokka8-03-2017.jpg

quokka11-03-2017.jpg

QuokkaRottnest2.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
No Carmen, Quokka's are not related to Rats at all, they are really cute and like other marsupials in the macropod family (such as kangaroos and wallabies), the Quokka is a herbivore. The island they live on is called Rottnest (ratsnest) because people from a distance thought they were rats because of their size (approx. size of a house cat). Quokka - Wikipedia

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
They are very cute. Never heard of them or seen them before. Looks like a cartoon figure.

It could be done.
traveller.com.au called the Quokka the worlds happiest animal, you just have to see the selfies that people take with them to understand why :)

Cool critter.
Wombats are little tanks that are great diggers, their closest relative is the Koala.

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
Looking good, Chris!

Watched the Showtime Show Penny Dreadful on Netflix last night which I recommend. There was one scene where Dorian Grey brings the American Gunman into the old London Barrows to "see something special"....a blood sport that was apparently very popular in London in 1800's. It was of men collecting many rats around the city (and there were MANY in those days) and dumping them live into a deep pen where they would throw a dog in with them and bet on how many it would kill in a certain allotted time. I couldn't
believe how they showed the graphic nature of the scene in the show. Very realistic bloody scene I have never seen on TV.
A lot of you are talking bout how cute they are and such but unless you have lived in rat infested digs you would quickly change your minds I think. I have and could not wait to get out....couldn't do it fast enough! I therefore HATE RATS!
I have a few Poser rat models both high res and low res but have never considered them potentially cute or used them as pets in ANY of my renders.....just to get an idea of what I think of them...and yes from the experience I mentioned above I assure they can be vicious and dirty and make a freaking mess of the sanctity of human homes. There were rats in Naples years ago that due to their over flowing population forcing them out of the sewers and onto the streets and homes even in broad daylight, attacked humans and dogs. The situation got so bad the Italian government sent military men in to finally eradicate the population. It took them months but they were never really gone just greatly reduced but I am sure they have returned and will again and again because it is their nature. I was there at the time and I gotta admit it was gross and freaky. So no, I don't consider rats cute but I do appreciate the beauty of Chris and company's effort to make them realistic. Now all I need is a dog that looks like the one in the show and a fighting pen so I can do my part to eradicate the Poser Rat population!
Place your bets here, place your bets here! :)

I've been watching Penny Dreadful, I haven't gotten to that part yet but now I'll be on my guard, LOL!

I've had both situations, I've lived in a place that got a rat infestation, and I've had pet rats, but thirdly, I've lived in a place that had a natural wild rat population. I don't have a problem compartmentalizing those experiences. The black rats that infested my house (from the train tracks down the road) were horrible, and we killed them as quickly as we could. The wild rice rats were a slight nuisance, but the barn cats kept them well under control, and they were very pretty, mild-mannered creatures and I felt bad whenever I came across evidence that one of the animals had killed one. I loved my pet rat, and would definitely consider getting another pet rat in the future.