• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP HiveWire Rodent Infestation?

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Okay, so can't help but share some funky combos.

View attachment 36133
Half Rat, Half Big Cat

View attachment 36134
Half Rat, Half House Cat

View attachment 36135
Half Rat, Half Dog

View attachment 36136
Half Rat, Half Dragon

View attachment 36137
Half Rat, Half Dragon

View attachment 36138
Half Rat, Half Bulldog

View attachment 36139
Half Rat, Half Bulldog
Chris
I like the half rat half bulldog. If you make the body more squat (shorter and add a plethora of wrinkles and give it a naked skin I will buy it! Like a naked mole! Cool!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
argh!!! @Chris - every time you do these 'combo' inj's or however you do it, it's A TERRIBLE TEASE!! I WANT THEM ALL.... but...uh... they are just your playing? or...we won't see the reality of them until ALL the combined animals are actually released? (whimper...:cry:... years... then.... sigh... :(...sigh...)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
argh!!! @Chris - every time you do these 'combo' inj's or however you do it, it's A TERRIBLE TEASE!! I WANT THEM ALL.... but...uh... they are just your playing? or...we won't see the reality of them until ALL the combined animals are actually released? (whimper...:cry:... years... then.... sigh... :(...sigh...)

Man I certainly hope not years. Argh for sure.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Been working today on fine tuning the rat morph. Working on the front toes, feet, leg, shoulder and basically front end today. More to go, but I feel this will be possible to keep as a pure morph animal from the Big Cat.

Ratwork14.JPG

Ratwork15.JPG

Ratwork16.JPG

Ratwork17.JPG

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
...and now I miss the first rat I had as a pet. Not so much the second one, who was VERY clever (he learned tricks) but not at all cuddly, and male. Oh, and yes- when it's an adult male rat, you can REALLY REALLY tell it's a male rat, even without the smell, they kind of look as if they're sitting on a small space hopper the whole time. My female had a more delicate-looking head- smaller nose and ears- and was about two thirds of the size of the male. I don't know if that's a female thing or if it was just a difference in breeding- he was red-eyed white and lab-rat bred, she was black-and-white hooded and fancy-rat bred. Very dexterous little front feet, both of them, more of a thumb than a dew claw.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
That very dextrous foot form is something that you should probably think of adding to the dragon as well.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
and here is another cutie!

hairless_horace_by_humandescent.jpg

Hey Chris, having looked better at your WIPS I noticed the feet don't look right. Note on this and previous images the rear paws or feet are bigger than the front paws or hands.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
I think the back feet are plantigrade in rats (and mice), rather than digitigrade like cats and dogs, yes.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
and here is another cutie!

View attachment 36352
Hey Chris, having looked better at your WIPS I noticed the feet don't look right. Note on this and previous images the rear paws or feet are bigger than the front paws or hands.

Haven't started in on the back feet yet. Thats why these are WIPs. As I stated, I was working on the front end.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
More work on the body and ears today. Also beefed up the tail and root of the tail. Will start in on the back feet next. But will maintain the default body positioning similar to the Big Cat, to aid with the rig, rather than putting the back leg and foot down like a rat. If that makes sense. Also I still have more work on the front foot, but will readdress that after working over the back leg, foot and toes.

Ratwork18.JPG

Ratwork19.JPG

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Now I have that song in my head.
♪♫...O Mickey you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind hey Mickey...♫♪
Thanks eclark
LOL