• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Mule Deer

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
So does the mule deer have a morph to turn off the antlers if you need to?

The Antlers are a separate prop - one can just delete them or "hide" them (in Poser under the Properties window, unclick "Visible"; in DS under the Scene tab, click on the "eye" to turn off visibility.) Also if using our Antler Pack, yes one should delete the preloaded Mule Deer Antlers and then go to Props/Antler Pack and select the kind of antlers you want.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Reindeer are the only species in which the female always have antlers. The males drop theirs in winter. But, there are rare instances of White Tailed Deer females growing antlers. It seems to be dependent upon an over abundance of testosterone in the females.

Dana

L'Adair

Enthusiast
So does the mule deer have a morph to turn off the antlers if you need to?

As CWRW mentioned, the antlers are a separate prop, which you don't have to use. However, the mule deer morph is still male, complete with appropriate shaping down below and a sturdy ridge above the eyes for the antlers. The Horse has a mare morph, but it doesn't play nice with the Mule Deer morph. I am no expert on deer, but all the images and video I've seen show the female smaller than the male as well.

If you're willing to put in a bit of work, you can make the head more rounded, remove the lower bulge to the mesh and then use some of the horse morphs to both slim the mesh down and make it shorter. I did the work I'm outlining here for the image Family, posted in these forums, but easier found in my DA Account here and the close up here.

By the way, there's a relatively new product on Daz called Mesh Grabber that can help with that, if you're using Daz Studio. I love this tool. It would have made modifying the deer so much easier!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
There was supposed to be a doe and fawn morph, but they've wandered off into the land of sometimes/never along with the bulldog, the elephant and any number of other creatures. They may wander back, but I won't hold my breath. Postwork is your friend...

eclark1894

Visionary
There was supposed to be a doe and fawn morph, but they've wandered off into the land of sometimes/never along with the bulldog, the elephant and any number of other creatures. They may wander back, but I won't hold my breath. Postwork is your friend...
Someone was asking about the Daz Dragon over at Rendo. Don't use it, but it did make me wonder whatever happened to the Hivewire Dragon?

Ivory Elephant

Adventurous
I hear that JOdel, Been waiting on the elephant since I joined. Wonder what the next critter is do out next aside fro Dawn2.0

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Very likely. Although CWRW may get her silver caribou mats out the gate before the tiger makes his appearance.