• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Mule Deer

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Beautiful super peachy keen work Chris!! =) Spring and Fall options for foliage and even a winter mix.

Agreed. Maybe even some super fancy colors produced by you?

Once the leaves are all placed, I'd like to remove most of them for a late fall or winter option. Also as mentioned before, I can see a bunch of Ken's lil' birdies perched and nested in the antlers. A whole nother ecosystem on the hoof.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Agreed. Maybe even some super fancy colors produced by you?

Once the leaves are all placed, I'd like to remove most of them for a late fall or winter option. Also as mentioned before, I can see a bunch of Ken's lil' birdies perched and nested in the antlers. A whole nother ecosystem on the hoof.

I'm game for some texture work on them for sure and possibly some metallic type shaders like the candle holder options.

I am so stunned & blown away by these already Chris, that I hate to ask, but will there be a daisy option, as well as the roses you mentioned? They look more like a wild flower.

Some static flowers like the roses Chris has in mind that load with the image would be cool, but some of Lisa's flower options are single (thinking of the tulips) so I don't see why you couldn't parent them to the horns. I can really see some neat things going on with the holly garland and not just specifically for Christmas also the Native American expansion set with feathers and the like. Curious Proliferation with mushrooms rather like some of the sculptures, and Curious Grasses and vines petunias hmm Jasmine and Foxglove are forest natives in some areas.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I am so stunned & blown away by these already Chris, that I hate to ask, but will there be a daisy option, as well as the roses you mentioned? They look more like a wild flower.

I can certainly picture all of these options and many more. But for now this is as far as I'll be taking it once the leaves are done. I will do an asymmetry morph, and a late fall or winter option with minimal leaves. Perhaps an option with several leaves blowing away in the wind. But, after that I leave it to either Lisa to swap out branches for other flowers or moss or to other CAs to create their own fanciful alternatives. My goal with this set is to respond to wishes of a fantasy set in general while providing some early options. If this gets the ball rolling and provides a base for others to create for then great. The only way I see myself jumping back to provide other things to this is if the customers gravitate toward this and show that more is warranted.

We now have a whole bunch of animals waiting in the wings to be rigged and mapped. So I'm going to push forward in a major way in creating our Dawn 2.0 after this Fantasy set is off my plate. I will however make time to finish what is needed to model and morph our Tiger. Right now our closest Dawn 2.0 version is available at Reallusion with our Dawn on their quad mesh. So I'll be creating a pure quad mesh for our next Dawn 2.0 to get our "lady of the morning" up to expected standards with new improved face and body shaping, and improved rigging. We do still have products to be released for Dawn S.E. that will come out before our new creation, so look for those still. Also we encourage CAs to still move forward on creating for our current figure line-up. Our new Dawn 2.0 will have a morph to fit our current Dawn S.E., so no worries there. Beyond that, no promises yet, other than we will make her as backwards compatible as we're able or as efforts will afford, and yes, she will be created for Poser and D.S. even though both of those companies couldn't care less. We create for YOU our community friends and those that support us and our offerings.

One more thing about our new Dawn 2.0, look for a new thread when I have something worth showing. I'll also comb thru other threads to gather more info on wishes and expectations for her. I have already been communicating with THEE top artist currently developing for figures in this market, and have received a wealth if information on what to include, and what should be present in a mesh, and UV layout. We will use this input as a base framework to begin. OUR TEAM IS SO EXCITED TO SEE OUR NEW DAWN 2.0 come about. My muse has been running wild with ideas!

Now... back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I'm game for some texture work on them for sure and possibly some metallic type shaders like the candle holder options.

Some static flowers like the roses Chris has in mind that load with the image would be cool, but some of Lisa's flower options are single (thinking of the tulips) so I don't see why you couldn't parent them to the horns. I can really see some neat things going on with the holly garland and not just specifically for Christmas also the Native American expansion set with feathers and the like. Curious Proliferation with mushrooms rather like some of the sculptures, and Curious Grasses and vines petunias hmm Jasmine and Foxglove are forest natives in some areas.

Oh, loving these ideas!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Getting closer. Almost done now.

Morph237.JPG

Morph238.JPG

Morph239.JPG

Morph240.JPG

Morph241.JPG

Morph242.JPG

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh we noticed, and a couple of comments were made in another thread. The real fun will be once Chris opens the new thread. It's going to be a hot one for sure. ;)

Freyfaxi

Adventurous
So good to seeing this coming along so nicely. I guess all we're waiting for is the texturing before we see it out in the marketplace :) It's good to hear about Dawn 2.o. Lot's of new female figures to keep old Victoria 4 company..Dawn, Project Evolution, LaFemme..and now Dawn 2.0....we're spoilt for choice :) Here's hoping Dawn 2.0 goes smoothly and we can get to see some more work on all those awesome animals :)