HiveWire Mule Deer

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by Chris, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Chris

Chris HW3D President Staff Member Co-Founder

Ha, yeah, the deer just can't move his head from side to side without taking the rider's head off.

DanaTA and 3wComics like this.
  2. Chris

Love your imagination.

3. Desertsilver

Desertsilver Engaged

If possible, an option to easily hide and select portions of the antlers and leaves ( so they could be thicker or more sparse depending on your needs) would be wonderful.

Miss B likes this.
  4. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

I like the way you think Desertsilver. ;)

Desertsilver likes this.
  5. DanaTA

DanaTA Adventurous

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

6. Satira Capriccio

Satira Capriccio Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

Ride at your own peril!

Chris likes this.
  7. Chris

UVs retweaked and finished for Fantasy Set.

I'm now having to derez the leaves, mesh is too dense.

Morph252.JPG

Morph253.JPG

8. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Amazing work Chris. I can't wait to see this finished. :)

9. NapalmArsenal

NapalmArsenal Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

Looking really really good!! EEEp on the leaves!! I hope that doesn't take too much time!

I worked up some Crocus textures yesterday in Lisa's Botanicals thread thinking you could parent them to the antlers if you wanted to since they are rather smallish.

Chris likes this.
  10. Chris

How bout this. The front of the Fantasy Antlers are the White Tailed Antlers. So we could hide the back parts of the branches, leaves, and hide the Fantasy Antlers and use the White Tailed Antlers, and there you have this option.

Morph256.JPG

Morph257.JPG

Morph258.JPG

11. NapalmArsenal

LOVE IT!!! yeah, then you can get antler specific with the different breeds of deer. Love the option. Now ......... wondering how to go about doing the crocus flowers on there and if they are going to be alright size wise. I don't want to clutter up Chris' thread with these, but you can see more colors and variations in my Lisa's Botanicals Thread. 3DL and very rough on the textures.

Untitled-3 copy.jpg Crocus1dk090 copy.jpg Crocus1dk09000 copy.jpg Crocus1dk09 copy.jpg Crocus1dk copy.jpg Crocus1dk09000090 copy.jpg

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    RAMWolff and Chris like this.
  12. Chris

Oh those are quite lovely NA.

We should get you the White Tailed Antlers so that you can play around with them. Fantasy Antlers too. Or are you wanting me to integrate them.

NapalmArsenal likes this.
  13. NapalmArsenal

Up to you Chris. What do you think would be easier? It could be kind of nice to have the load with the antlers. Sure if you want to hand them over to me once you get the mapping done I will see what I can come up with. I'll take some photos of the ivy plants we have and work with something on the leaves. You can change the scale on the flowers too or incorporate the different models.

However, if you parent them, you could also use them in different areas of the deer besides just the antlers like in the sculpture images also incorporating Lisa's A Curious Proliferation for the mushrooms and Curious Grasses and Vines.

Hmm ......... need to practice how that will look with the horse and the Curious elements. Something similar to this lol not green and a deer.
    Earth Kamisml.jpg

Lisa also has several different crocus models so you could show the flowers in different states of bloom on the antlers for some variation.
    Crocus1dk0900009078 copy.jpg

I also have some thoughts for some metallic type shader/textures on the antlers that would couple well with Laurie's silver/white whisper elements.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    Chris likes this.
  14. RAMWolff

RAMWolff Wolff Playing with Beez! Contributing Artist

Actually like that set up better Chris.

15. tparo

tparo Brilliant QAV-BEE

Are the antlers going to 2 separate items, left and right so just the left or the right could be loaded, or will the pair be one item, I would love to be able to load them separately?

16. AllenArt

AllenArt Enthusiast

Now THOSE are awesome :)

Laurie

Chris likes this.
  17. Chris

Hadn't thought that this would even be of value, as a L and R load.

18. Chris

Done, and Done. As far as modeling and UVs that is. Got all the leaves derezed now.

Morph259.JPG

Morph260.JPG

Morph261.JPG

Morph262.JPG

Rae134, RAMWolff, Janet and 1 other person like this.
  19. Chris

Love these options NA. The Crocus is very nice. Let's see if we can get some maps on this antler set first, and go from there.

20. NapalmArsenal

Itching to give them ago!! LOL they look awesome! 3DL textures for the crocus. Will try and work on the Iray here in a bit.
    All Colors.jpg