• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Mule Deer

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I was going to make a similar comment...then I saw the overhead view, and decided that a person could sit there and simply be surrounded by them.

Dana

Ha, yeah, the deer just can't move his head from side to side without taking the rider's head off.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
So gorgeous !! Really looking forward to them for sure. I have many ideas on how to go about using them in images and texturing options. I can also see tiny little woodland fairies flitting about the branches.

Love your imagination.

Desertsilver

Busy Bee

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
UVs retweaked and finished for Fantasy Set.

I'm now having to derez the leaves, mesh is too dense.

Morph252.JPG

Morph253.JPG

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Looking really really good!! EEEp on the leaves!! I hope that doesn't take too much time!

I worked up some Crocus textures yesterday in Lisa's Botanicals thread thinking you could parent them to the antlers if you wanted to since they are rather smallish.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
If possible, an option to easily hide and select portions of the antlers and leaves ( so they could be thicker or more sparse depending on your needs) would be wonderful.

How bout this. The front of the Fantasy Antlers are the White Tailed Antlers. So we could hide the back parts of the branches, leaves, and hide the Fantasy Antlers and use the White Tailed Antlers, and there you have this option.

Morph256.JPG

Morph257.JPG

Morph258.JPG

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
LOVE IT!!! yeah, then you can get antler specific with the different breeds of deer. Love the option. Now ......... wondering how to go about doing the crocus flowers on there and if they are going to be alright size wise. I don't want to clutter up Chris' thread with these, but you can see more colors and variations in my Lisa's Botanicals Thread. 3DL and very rough on the textures.

Untitled-3 copy.jpg Crocus1dk090 copy.jpg Crocus1dk09000 copy.jpg Crocus1dk09 copy.jpg Crocus1dk copy.jpg Crocus1dk09000090 copy.jpg

Last edited:

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Oh those are quite lovely NA.

We should get you the White Tailed Antlers so that you can play around with them. Fantasy Antlers too. Or are you wanting me to integrate them.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Oh those are quite lovely NA.

We should get you the White Tailed Antlers so that you can play around with them. Fantasy Antlers too. Or are you wanting me to integrate them.
Up to you Chris. What do you think would be easier? It could be kind of nice to have the load with the antlers. Sure if you want to hand them over to me once you get the mapping done I will see what I can come up with. I'll take some photos of the ivy plants we have and work with something on the leaves. You can change the scale on the flowers too or incorporate the different models.

However, if you parent them, you could also use them in different areas of the deer besides just the antlers like in the sculpture images also incorporating Lisa's A Curious Proliferation for the mushrooms and Curious Grasses and Vines.

Hmm ......... need to practice how that will look with the horse and the Curious elements. Something similar to this lol not green and a deer.
Earth Kamisml.jpg

Lisa also has several different crocus models so you could show the flowers in different states of bloom on the antlers for some variation.
Crocus1dk0900009078 copy.jpg

I also have some thoughts for some metallic type shader/textures on the antlers that would couple well with Laurie's silver/white whisper elements.

Last edited:

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
Are the antlers going to 2 separate items, left and right so just the left or the right could be loaded, or will the pair be one item, I would love to be able to load them separately?

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Are the antlers going to 2 separate items, left and right so just the left or the right could be loaded, or will the pair be one item, I would love to be able to load them separately?

Hadn't thought that this would even be of value, as a L and R load.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Up to you Chris. What do you think would be easier? It could be kind of nice to have the load with the antlers. Sure if you want to hand them over to me once you get the mapping done I will see what I can come up with. I'll take some photos of the ivy plants we have and work with something on the leaves. You can change the scale on the flowers too or incorporate the different models.

However, if you parent them, you could also use them in different areas of the deer besides just the antlers like in the sculpture images also incorporating Lisa's A Curious Proliferation for the mushrooms and Curious Grasses and Vines.

Hmm ......... need to practice how that will look with the horse and the Curious elements. Something similar to this lol not green and a deer.
View attachment 44975

Lisa also has several different crocus models so you could show the flowers in different states of bloom on the antlers for some variation.
View attachment 44976

I also have some thoughts for some metallic type shader/textures on the antlers that would couple well with Laurie's silver/white whisper elements.

Love these options NA. The Crocus is very nice. Let's see if we can get some maps on this antler set first, and go from there.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Love these options NA. The Crocus is very nice. Let's see if we can get some maps on this antler set first, and go from there.
Itching to give them ago!! LOL they look awesome! 3DL textures for the crocus. Will try and work on the Iray here in a bit.
All Colors.jpg