• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Mule Deer

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Could you add a few flowers in there? Not sure if you can geograft from existing plant models? It might take too much time though.

The Fanta Star, Forget-Me-Nots or cherry blossoms would be small enough to get just a little pop of color in there.

My hope is that Lisa will have time and interest in adding in ivy and/or roses or other flowers. Could be other seasonal types of elements or themes that could really add interest and value.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
My hope is that Lisa will have time and interest in adding in ivy and/or roses or other flowers. Could be other seasonal types of elements or themes that could really add interest and value.
Well, if she has time to do the models I don't mind doing the texture work on them.

Also could do ......... Candles on the antlers Sorry a little big on the image here you could get some neat results with emissives.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
NICE Chris!
Is there any morphing ability to broaden the chest and shoulders, strengthen the neck add more muscle on front legs and add height so the front of the body is higher than the hind quarters to make the boy look more capable of holding up that huge fantasy rack!?
I don't know what plans Chris has for extra morphs for the Deer, and I don't have a finished version of it (or the extra racks), but at the moment I can hybridize the horse morphs with the deer (since the deer is a morph of the horse I don't think this will change)
The proper deer morph is the one on the Right, the first one is 100% Deer with 100% Quarterhorse dialled in (and the thicken legs option dialled in as that is what you asked about), the middle one has the thicken legs as well as 50% of Beast added. I would assume more tweaking with the current morphs you could dial the head to get back to more deer like look (tho I don't think you loose the look too much).
BJ Glossed 02.jpg

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I don't know what plans Chris has for extra morphs for the Deer, and I don't have a finished version of it (or the extra racks), but at the moment I can hybridize the horse morphs with the deer (since the deer is a morph of the horse I don't think this will change)
The proper deer morph is the one on the Right, the first one is 100% Deer with 100% Quarterhorse dialled in (and the thicken legs option dialled in as that is what you asked about), the middle one has the thicken legs as well as 50% of Beast added. I would assume more tweaking with the current morphs you could dial the head to get back to more deer like look (tho I don't think you loose the look too much).
View attachment 44676
Really sweet combo! Now.......... this makes me wonder if you can go Llama from deer/horse (the split mouth being the biggest issue on the llama) or mountain goat from deer/horse morphs With LMAH . .............. hmmm.......... thinking

Oh hey just for kicks and giggles can you see if any of the horse tack fits?

Last edited:

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
View attachment 44676
Looks good. Can't wait to see where all this goes!

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I've taken several days and significant efforts to fit the classic tack just right.

Remember these?

View attachment 44689

View attachment 44690

View attachment 44691

View attachment 44692

Looks great Chris. Love it because it isn't classic western or more modern saddle. Would still love to see a rope bridle instead of leather straps, and ragged blanket.
Trying to imagine a scruffy face and beard on the steed. Can see stuff added to the saddle like water bottle, bed role, battle horn, dagger/sword, bow and arrows etc.. Also would love to see a fur pelt draped over saddle for a more ancient war steed look.