HiveWire Mule Deer

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by Chris, Oct 14, 2018.

1. CWRW

CWRW Extraordinary HW3D Exclusive Artist

Here are various Appys and other Harry coats on the deer:) (The grulla, whisper flower, and bay roan are pretty cool:)

DeerAppy1.jpg DeerWhisper.jpg DeeAppy2.jpg DeeAppy3.jpg DeeBayRoan.jpg DeePaloino.jpg DeeGrulla1.jpg DeeBucksin.jpg

2. Rae134

Rae134 Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

I think it would look even more magical (or at least fantasy) when you have your Fantasy horns out :)

The Whisper one is sooooo cute! (actually, they all are, I'm glad Harry's coats fit the deer!)

Chris likes this.
  3. NapalmArsenal

NapalmArsenal Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

I will have to agree with you on the grulla, whisper flower, and bay roan, but also loving the leopard appaloosas!! Nice work Laurie!! Thanks for rendering them!!

Really digging the Whisper Flower texture!! I would also like to see the bay roan on the steer ... erm bull.

Also working on some MDL shader runs on Dusk with Taka skins. Will have to post soon. Just ..... Uh trying to make him not so oily looking in the render.

CWRW likes this.
  4. CWRW

and here is the Fallow Deer WIP...(haven't done his tail/bum areas yet:)

FallowDeer3.jpg

5. CWRW

and more tweaking on the Red Stag and the LAMH for him...

RedStagSSpreset4_test1.jpg

6. JOdel

JOdel Extraordinary HW Honey Bear

These are spectacular.

7. Chris

Chris HW3D President Staff Member Co-Founder

True works of art! Every one of them. So great to see you motoring thru these Laurie.

8. Rae134

Rae134 Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

I can't wait to see what the Kitty Ponies texture would look like with the LAMH option, looking great Laurie!

9. Chris

Reworking the Trophy Antlers for our Mule Deer Buck.

Morph195.JPG

Morph196.JPG

Morph197.JPG

10. Chris

The Fantasy Antlers will be the last one I tackle, right after this Trophy set.

Rae134 likes this.
  11. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

These are getting better and better Chris. :D

12. Harimau

Harimau Eager

Chris, how about morphing the deer into an antelope at a future date. They are very similar in build as shown in the images below. They live in similar habitats in Africa and India as deer do in the Northern Hemisphere and South America. Just like the antlers in deer they have a vast array of horns in different shapes and sizes, and they have different coat colours and patterns.

A deer (Red Deer):
    Cervus_elaphus_Luc_Viatour_6_small.jpg An Antelope (Greater Kudu):
    KuduKr├╝ger small.jpg

13. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Ohhhh, I like the way you think Harimau. :)

14. Chris

Yeah, I'd love to see a gazelle, pronghorn, impala, other antelopes, and several others.

Miss B, NapalmArsenal and Rae134 like this.
  15. Freyfaxi

Freyfaxi Adventurous

Seeing that pic of the red deer stag got me to thinking. With regards to the antlers, will there be a In-velvet, morph, a bare antler morph and a raggededy / half-shed velvet morph ? ( Yeah..I know, I'm adding to the potential work load..sorry :))

16. jecnodde

jecnodde Admirable

Looking totelly stunning

I have a little suggestion: Plx, pretty plz a Roe Deer morph/antlers and texture. Its a very small deer

Roe deer - Wikipedia

was among those thing you was happy if you saw one when I grew up in Sweden :)

Attached Files:

Rae134, RAMWolff and Chris like this.
  17. NapalmArsenal

NapalmArsenal Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

Actually ........ with a few body modifications to the main deer model and gray grullo coat texture you could very easily go Kudu.

Scimitar Oryx
    [​IMG]
    Rather the largest antelope species as big as a cow but more like a deer, goat cow cross LOL.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
    Rae134, RAMWolff and Chris like this.
  18. Chris

We have Velvet morphs for the 2pt and 5pt Mule Deer Antlers. But a "raggedy/half-shed velvet morph" is not in the works. Way too much effort for the interest or return.

Hope that makes sense.

Rae134, LisaB and NapalmArsenal like this.
  19. Chris

Huh, funny little thing. Reminds me of a rabbit with antlers.

I'm afraid for this go round we wound be able to work this one in.

20. Chris

No doubt there is potential for several very cool animals. It's just going for the low hanging fruit first is all. I already have several in the wings.

Rae134 and NapalmArsenal like this.