1. We are upgrading to a 2.0 version of our forum as this 1.5 version is no longer supported. Please look at your bookmarks if you have them and note them in a text document as the import process for bookmarks may not work correctly. We will have bookmarks in the 2.0 version so you will be able to recreate whatever may be lost in the upgrade. Everything else appears to have come across fine in our initial tests. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

RELEASED HiveWire House Cat Begins

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by Chris, Apr 29, 2016.

1. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

Kate Mulgrew has been a favorite actress of mine since her days on Ryan's Hope. I always hated that she left that show. So I was quite happy to find out she was going to be on Voyager. Unfortunately, its not that I didn't like her acting, but her role. I'd have preferred she was the Doctor on the show, but certainly not the captain. Frankly, she sucked as captain. She was dragging out their stay in that side of the galaxy, and there were three or four times when Q could have easily sent them home as repayment for a favor.

As for the cat, not a fan of the fur. Is that LAMH?

2. tparo

tparo Brilliant QAV-BEE

I'm not sure there is any 'fur' I think its just the texture, good lighting excellent use of DOF and perhaps some postwork.

Pendraia and Dakorillon (IMArts) like this.
  3. Zaarin

Zaarin Brilliant

I've watched about ten episodes of Voyager scattered across the seasons and I hated every single one of them. :p I really need to watch Babylon 5, given that Ronald D. Moore is far and away the best thing that ever happened to Star Trek.

Like I said, I didn't care for the character...I just hated her less than all the other characters. :p Nothing about Voyager's writing or characterization makes sense; I've read that Mulgrew played Janeway as if she were bipolar just to make the incoherent writing of the character make sense. With better writing, better casting (Beltran and Russ should have switched roles for starters), and a commitment to serialization, Voyager could have been decent. As it stands, the entire crew comes across as incompetent, and the writing is too inconsistent to make any of the characters likable or memorable. :(

Dakorillon (IMArts) likes this.
  4. Janet

Janet Extraordinary Contributing Artist

Hi I was wondering: is it possible to get the inverse kinetics to work with HW cat? The option is grayed out in my poser.

Dakorillon (IMArts) likes this.
  5. Gadget Girl

Gadget Girl Extraordinary Contributing Artist

You can use it, you just have to set up your own IK chain. There isn't one included.

6. Janet

Janet Extraordinary Contributing Artist

Ok thank you.

7. dkgoose

dkgoose Motivated

Finally got to purchase the big cat and cub and house cat and kitten, they're so cute, can't wait for the other textures to be released, haven't installed them yet to try them out but will be hopefully tonight :)

8. Pendraia

Pendraia Seasoned Contributing Artist

Welcome to the Hive dkgoose! I hope you enjoy the kitties as much as I have!

dkgoose and Mythocentric like this.
  9. dkgoose

dkgoose Motivated

Thanks, I've been admiring them for a while, the kitty definitely sold me and the fact that the big cat and house cat share the same if sold me on both of them and with the sale it was a no brained. I got the cougar and panther too so gonna try out those textures on the kitty too :) and maybe play around with baby Luna. Any other news on LAMH addons for all the cuties? :)

10. Pendraia

I haven't heard anything from VB recently, but someone on Facebook did one that used in a render. Luna's a lot of fun...

11. Mythocentric

Mythocentric Extraordinary

Welcome to the Hive dkgoose! :beehive: You are in for loads of fun with the Cats and Baby Luna. Looking forward to seeing your renders! Regards! :welcome:

dkgoose and Dakorillon (IMArts) like this.
  12. Alisa

Alisa HW3D QAV Queen Bee QAV-BEE

Welcome, dkgoose!

dkgoose and Dakorillon (IMArts) like this.
  13. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Hey another newbie!! Welcome to the HiveWire forums dkgoose. :)

dkgoose likes this.
  14. Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dakorillon (IMArts) Extraordinary Contributing Artist

Welcome!

dkgoose likes this.
  15. dkgoose

dkgoose Motivated

IMG_6418.JPG Thanks guys :)

Carey, Gadget Girl, Chris and 7 others like this.
  16. Flint_Hawk

Flint_Hawk Ambitious

Welcome to HiveWire dkgoose! Your sleeping Luna & kitten are adorable! Great job!

Pendraia and dkgoose like this.
  17. Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dakorillon (IMArts) Extraordinary Contributing Artist

Aw! Sh! Let Sleeping babies and kittens lie.

dkgoose likes this.
  18. Pendraia

Very cute dkgoose!

dkgoose likes this.
  19. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

A very sweet render dkgoose. :)

dkgoose likes this.
  20. dkgoose

dkgoose Motivated

Thanks everyone :)