• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire House Cat Begins

dkgoose

Luna was definitely worth the price I bought her/him a while ago just haven't used them much, I'm so tempted to buy the SE of Dawn and Dusk and get Diva but most of my clothing hir and such is all for The Genesis 1-3 line but they look great and the family poses look great too.

eclark1894

Visionary
That's awesome. Thanks for sharing that JOdel.

Should have had the claws out on the kitty.
Hey, Chris, any chance we can watch you pull a rabbit out of that cat?:sneaky:

9036.png

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm loving that second render. It always amazes me that cats like that pose. To me it looks like you need to be a contortionist to even come close. I guess cats/kittens are a lot more flexible than we humans are. ;)

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
Shocking that with all the Voyager talk no one has mentioned that cardboard cutout named Chakotay. He's far and away the worst character on the cast IMHO. So stilted and flat....hence the cardboard cutout reference.

Zaarin

Brilliant
Shocking that with all the Voyager talk no one has mentioned that cardboard cutout named Chakotay. He's far and away the worst character on the cast IMHO. So stilted and flat....hence the cardboard cutout reference.
Paris and Tuvok say hi. ;) Not to mention Ensign Almost-As-Boring-as-Doctor-Crusher. :p I could take or leave Chakotay; he never generated strong feelings in me one way or the other beyond being a horrible, horrible stereotype (which is what happens when your "Native American advisor" is a con artist :rolleyes: ). Chakotay just doesn't stand out when you have a bipolar captain, a rage monster engineer, an angry Vulcan first officer (what's with all the angry people on this show?), a bartender trying to simultaneously be Quark and Guinan and failing badly at both, and a cocky terrorist at the helm. :p My one friend suggested that Russ and Beltran should have swapped roles, and I'm inclined to agree: Beltran would have made a better Vulcan and Russ would have made a better terrorist (see DS9 "Invasive Procedures").

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It was mentioned in one of the episodes after they found out Spots was pregnant, that she had gotten out of Data's quarters more than once and that there were other cats on the ship that she might have gotten with.

Zaarin

Brilliant
I got confused about Spot Data's cat. Was that cat male or female?
Spot was about five different breeds, and was male until the writers decided they wanted "her" to be pregnant. My theory: "she" was a Founder spying on the Enterprise. :laugh: (Or at least one of the hundred Changeling infants they sent out, like Odo and Laas.) Chester is my personal favorite Trek animal, though; he really should have appeared in more than two episodes.

eclark1894

Visionary
You know, I had never seen the LAMH tutorials before, so I went to you tube today and took a gander. I didn't know this, but LAMH seems to work the same way Blender does with growing hair. Unfortunately I don't own the HW cat yet, so I'm gonna have to try this with some other animal, but I'm going to try and achieve that kind of outcome with Blender. If it works I'll post a render and a tutorial in the Blender forum here.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
So I made this thread sticky again. At least for the time being. Laurie and I have been chatting lately about more for our House Cat. She's getting very close to having her Siamese map done. But... she needs a morph to match her efforts. I've spent much of this weekend creating this morph of a Modern Style Siamese.

First screen grab is our base House Cat, and others are Siamese morph.

Leopard418.JPG

Leopard419.JPG

Leopard420.JPG

Leopard421.JPG

Leopard422.JPG