• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Gorilla From Dusk Underway!

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Agree totally Dax...I keep meaning to do a feral fairies range of characters complete with sharp teeth!

I've been wanting to do a set of Oriental "Demons", Tengu, Kappa, Oni, etc, because there is nothing out there. I'm wondering if Dawn, Dusk and Luna with Possible Gorilla might be a better way to go!

Carey

Extraordinary
Now I am not in any way saying anything is wrong with this baby ape, but as usual I am going to play devil's advocate... See I think a baby apes face is more flat, the nose has a mushed look to it, Now let's face it, a baby ape is ugly, big eyes, mushed face they can only be considered beautiful by a love blind mother, I am not sure at what age they become as cute as shown here and I am not all that against keeping it cute, I mean after all, how many of us can claim to be Jane Goodall...

Now about that Orangutan..When did you say that was going to get started? lol

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Hey Chris

I know you have a waaaaay full plate but I wondered if there is any long term intent to make a chimp from Dusk/Gorilla?
You pretty much have the base textures from the Gorilla to work with and base framework to go from the Gorilla.......
I have been using the old Zygote Chimp which was bad then and worse now. We really need a good Chimp remake. ;)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Ha, funny about that old Chimp. I modeled that soooo long ago. It is pretty horrid. Back then it was cool. But now it is very bad.

The Chimp is definitely on my modeling board that I have on the wall next to me. Yes, yes!!!

Thanks for the encouragement.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Ha, funny about that old Chimp. I modeled that soooo long ago. It is pretty horrid. Back then it was cool. But now it is very bad.

The Chimp is definitely on my modeling board that I have on the wall next to me. Yes, yes!!!

Thanks for the encouragement.

Oops. Open mouth and eInsert eFoot! Sorry about the harsh critique of chimp Chris. I always forget you were there long ago.
Glad to read it is on your board. Look forward to playing with it. I didn't buy the Gorilla because i couldn't see any use for it. Living on limited income gotta be REAL frugal. But the Chimp....I can do dat!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Ah, yes, the chimp. Never have been able to work up any enthusiasm for that chimp. Although someone did do a freebie texture for him that was an improvement.

But then, in our first class session this semester, the instructor played a number of Pixar shorts, showing us some of the development in the tech over the years. Frankly, primitive as it was, 'Luxo Junior' still holds up remarkably well. 'Tin Toy', with the monster baby, on the other hand...

Doodle Designs

Eager
Contributing Artist
Not to draw you away from your Pugman creation, but do you have any plans for completing the female and baby gorillas?

With my background in anthropology, and a general animal-lover, I have a soft spot in my heart for the great apes, especially gorillas.

Since you came out with the Dusk gorilla, I've been anticipating the other two gorillas. I have a few ideas that I'm dying to render!

Baby gorillas aren't ugly - they're melt-your-heart adorable!

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I came across this interesting series of pictures of a gelada baboon giving birth at the National Geographic Website. I thought I'd share them with you guys here.

Thanks for sharing. Definitely one of those moments when you envy other primates (and basically all mammals who don't have to deal with the giant heads we human female have to deal with). But man, the picture of the new mom and the baby hugging at the end is just priceless.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Ah, yes, the chimp. Never have been able to work up any enthusiasm for that chimp. Although someone did do a freebie texture for him that was an improvement.

But then, in our first class session this semester, the instructor played a number of Pixar shorts, showing us some of the development in the tech over the years. Frankly, primitive as it was, 'Luxo Junior' still holds up remarkably well. 'Tin Toy', with the monster baby, on the other hand...
That monkey that Thorne or Sarsa or Magda from way back sold at DAZ was nice too and I still use it. I wonder why no other more realistic monkey was ever offered?

Carey

Extraordinary
That monkey that Thorne or Sarsa or Magda from way back sold at DAZ was nice too and I still use it. I wonder why no other more realistic monkey was ever offered?

I think maybe me monkeying around with their monkey had something to do with that, course we haven't talked in a while, not since I did that thing with Michael 4...I thought it was hilarious

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Well, for those that can use Genesis, AM did a really fine chimp morph for G8M.
I'd rather like to see how the old silverleaf monkey would look with an LAMH preset.