• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Gorilla From Dusk Underway!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Yeah, how many times can you say WOW!? That's just what comes to mind. Awesome!

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
LAMH presets can't be too hard... Based on my understanding of it, the hairs take their color from the underlying texture map, and you can add a second two-toned hair distribution map. I think the only "hard" part would be combing all the facial hairs; the rest are so long and shaggy that they wouldn't need combing.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Awwwwww

:grouphug:

Need someone to do a LAMH preset for the DS peeps

Absolutely NO promises! Just to make that clear. But I am going to try to do just that once I've got my hands on the gorilla AND once I have all my 3D apps reinstalled on the new HD.

Again - NO promises! I have no idea if I'll be able to pull it off properly. But I will *try.*

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
There is a bit more to it than that...you can also alter the way the hairs look. I've had a little bit of success with it but I'm not at a point where I could do something like the gorilla or the cat. I'm still working on getting a basic hairstyle looking right...

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
There is a bit more to it than that...you can also alter the way the hairs look. I've had a little bit of success with it but I'm not at a point where I could do something like the gorilla or the cat. I'm still working on getting a basic hairstyle looking right...

Yeah.. I did manage to get a halfway decent furring done on the old milcat with it. That was my very first attempt, and it wasn't too bad. It's probably still over my head for something like the gorilla, but well.. I still want to try. LOL.

eclark1894

Visionary
That is awesome work on the gorilla! It is interesting to note that everyone els looks at it and thinks Kong and Tarzan. I look at it and think Gorilla Grodd and the Flash. I am such a comics geek.:sneaky:

eclark1894

Visionary
Yeah.. I did manage to get a halfway decent furring done on the old milcat with it. That was my very first attempt, and it wasn't too bad. It's probably still over my head for something like the gorilla, but well.. I still want to try. LOL.
Just out of curiosity, can DS handle particles and hair from Blender?

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Just out of curiosity, can DS handle particles and hair from Blender?

If by hair you mean Fibermesh? I know it's possible to do, and there have been some Fibermesh hairs created for DS (as well as LAMH fur is, if I remember correctly, Fibermesh also). They do bog the system down hard and fast, though. I always add anything that's Fibermesh to the scene LAST, just before doing the final render.

AprilYSH and Laticis have both produced Fibermesh-based hair products for use in Studio.

I'm not sure about the particles, though...