• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Gazebo

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Actually, Napalm and Rae are both of the female persuasion as well. ;)
Wuh-ohs! I'm surrounded!:confused: I hereby acknowledge the gal-ness of Napalm and Rae.o_O

Nice...I struggle with lights in DS or Poser. Szark may know how to do it...or Seliah.

Seachnasaigh, would the animation also work in PP2014?
Re: D/S, getting the color and transparency for a still would be trivial. But, what provision does the D/S material system make for animated materials?
The lightcasting will probably require some, um, ...subtlety. It may be that it is not feasible in 3Dlight but can be done in iRay; I just don't know that material system.
I'd need a thorough manual for D/S materials. Szark, Seliah, or some other D/S savant may be able to adapt it. At worst, you could apply the flame color & transparency, and use three point lights in the gazebo to do the lighting.

The effect is simple for Vue, but I haven't tried to animate it in Vue.

Pendraia, the Firefly material will animate and cast light in Poser Pro 2014.
It will definitely work as far back as P9/Pro2012 with SR3.1 (builds before SR 3.1 would just need to substitute an AVI in place of the sequential JPGs).
I can *probably* get it to work in P8/Pro2010, but not as well.

Last edited:

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Can this be done in different colors?
Yes. For my Lothlorien enviro playset, the lamps glowed purple-blue (biblical t'chelet). You could even re-use the same JPGs as above, but adjust color with one of the HSV Hue/Saturation/Value nodes (Poser now has more than one) to get green & yellow, for example. I can make MAT presets (both Superfly and Firefly) for that. If y'all have a particular color you want, let me know. The colors could even shift over time, cycling through the spectrum.
I also have lightning animations which could suit some scenes.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Re: D/S, getting the color and transparency for a still would be trivial. But, what provision does the D/S material system make for animated materials?
The lightcasting will probably require some, um, ...subtlety. It may be that it is not feasible in 3Dlight but can be done in iRay; I just don't know that material system.
I'd need a thorough manual for D/S materials. Szark, Seliah, or some other D/S savant may be able to adapt it. At worst, you could apply the flame color & transparency, and use three point lights in the gazebo to do the lighting.
I've played a bit in shader mixer but not so much with the lights more with straight materials. So couldn't answer that one.

IIRC there was someone who did an animated script for textures in DS but I never tried it...just remember seeing the script.

Pendraia, the Firefly material will animate and cast light in Poser Pro 2014.
It will definitely work as far back as P9/Pro2012 with SR3.1 (builds before SR 3.1 would just need to substitute an AVI in place of the sequential JPGs).
I can *probably* get it to work in P8/Pro2010, but not as well.

Thanks for the info...I am trying to become more proficient with Poser but I do struggle with the interface. I'm getting better at it though...

Mivan

Admirable
I have a bunch of elven light prop obj's that I usually end up placing a light inside and then adjusting the color to blue but they would be so much more awesome if animated. Even more so if the light actually functioned like a real flame casting random flickering colour around the image.

seachnasaigh

Energetic
I have a bunch of elven light prop obj's that I usually end up placing a light inside and then adjusting the color to blue but they would be so much more awesome if animated. Even more so if the light actually functioned like a real flame casting random flickering colour around the image.
To avoid derailing Chris' gazebo thread, re-post this in maybe the Tips and Tricks area. It's a worthwhile query and it would most likely be doable - I'd need to look at the model and its UV mapping, so post a render of the lamp(s), identify the lamps by product name and vendor, and post a UV map of the lamps' glass material zone and of the inner flame material zone if any.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Chris was working on some landscape stuff for this as well as, iirc, a tree sort of base for this as well as a companion to the main structure. I really hope that's still on the list. It was looking so cool from what I remember from the thread in the old forums.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I'm hoping it can all see the light of day as well.

It's still on Lisa's list to finish the map work I believe. I think she's got all the map work done. So not sure what's left.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I love new and exiting sets Chris. It is lovely.
I love the windows with the tree branch filigree design. Additional stained glass looks would be a cool add-on set for later.
Are there any plans for adding a more habitable interior? Hanging bed, cool sitting/reclining furnishings, morphing flowing drapes for that breezy open window look?
I know of a sweet hanging bed/couch over at Renderosity that would be awesome inside this set.