• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Gazebo

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Beautiful set, Lisa! Regarding what you said about how you would get a boat up to the island, you would use a davit. This is a double rope crane that clips fore and aft on the dinghy or onto a bridle and is raised by a winch. Very many boats use them to keep their dinghies safely out of the water and away from the temptation of the light fingered. It also makes it a lot easier when voyaging not to tow it. Davit - Wikipedia

scatha

Adventurous
the vine-like detailing on the stairs and winows give it an almost elven-like feel, in particular with the platform. It wouldn't look out of place in a treetop.

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Making alternative parts: I hid the gazebo lamps, and imported bee mounting posts, gas pipes, and flame meshes. This is a networked Superfly animation. The flames are automatic (no keyframing needed).

Larger version with less compression (~5MB 600x600 GIF)

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Thanks, friends! :) The Firefly version is working properly, but the Superfly version's flames don't seem to rise.:cautious: That might be a node coordinate-handling bug; I'd need to do some diagnostic testing.

But, this will be fairly easy to use. In the hierarchy panel, you'd click the "eye" icon for the gazebo's built-in lamps to hide them. Load the new add-on prop set. Oh, and I should make a set of stanchions/flames/lamps for the add-on stairway sections.
Render in Firefly with IDL engaged and pretty high irradiance cache and IDL quality (=>85 each). Raytrace bounces =>3.
Or, render in Superfly with lots of mesh light samples (=>15) and overall pixel samples (=>20, maybe 40). Transmission samples =>5, transmission bounces =>8.

For the central light inside, it looks like I need to make something more like a chandelier in order to cast more light over the interior - that will be easy enough. I figure on a blue flame MC6 preset in addition to the red/yellow color. Open to suggestions for other colors.